PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 13 pregame: Chargers (4-7) @ NE (2-9)

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the Pats to do something similar to what they did last year against Detroit with a run heavy offense and pick and choose when they allow Zappe to throw. Although the Chargers’ pass defense is awful, their run defense isn’t much better. And their pass defense is slightly skewed because of the QBs they faced.

I want them to win today. This season has absolutely sucked and we, as fans need something to feel good about. I just hope zappe shows something, anything, to give us. hope that just maybe the Patriots don't need to go down that 50/50 path of taking a quarterback high in the draft

Even if Zappe exceeds expectations, he is not going to be a QB you want as your full time starter. He isn’t starting today because he earned the job. He is starting because the Pats have no other option. The Pats are going to need to draft a QB no matter what happens the rest of the way.

Even if Zappe exceeds expectations, he is not going to be a QB you want as your full time starter. He isn’t starting today because he earned the job. He is starting because the Pats have no other option. The Pats are going to need to draft a QB no matter what happens the rest of the way.
all we have is zappe coming into bad situations this year. last year when he started he played well. it just sucks that today he'll be throwing to probably the worst receiver group in the NFL. I am not crazy about the dice roll that is picking a QB high in the draft.

Tank for drake

all we have is zappe coming into bad situations this year. last year when he started he played well. it just sucks that today he'll be throwing to probably the worst receiver group in the NFL. I am not crazy about the dice roll that is picking a QB high in the draft.

And he was awful when he came in. Not rusty. Awful. Lost. Overly managed.

Bert Breer just said the offense had a bad week of practice and Zappe didn’t look good. I fully expect O’Brien to keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible.

Again, if the Pats had any faith in him to run this offense, they wouldn’t have cut him. If any any team thought he could be the #1 backup, they would have claimed him off of waivers or at least tried to sign him after he cleared waivers.

Bert Breer just said the offense had a bad week of practice and Zappe didn’t look good. I fully expect O’Brien to keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible.

Again, if the Pats had any faith in him to run this offense, they wouldn’t have cut him. If any any team thought he could be the #1 backup, they would have claimed him off of waivers or at least tried to sign him after he cleared waivers.
It’s almost like weapons matter to an offense and it’s not all the QB.

His throwing coach looks like he messed him up. Ball looks flat coming out of his hands and no where near what it looked like last season. He didn't have the best arm last year, but he looked adequate, and I felt like with a full offseason and the strength and conditioning coaches they have at this level, he'd get a little stronger and be a solid guy on their depth chart or potentially step in if they didn't pick up Mac's option (obviously, Mac fell apart, so that notion is off the table). Instead, he's gone the other way, and it's bizarre.

Especially with young quarterbacks. But the argument people are making - and I agree with to a point - is that you also need a guy who won't throw back across his body twice in a game and make a lot of the mental errors we've seen. It's just been a crazy year...no other way to say it.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Everyone matters. But in the passing game every player relies on the Qb doing he job effectively. 10 hasn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes