PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 13 Pats - Colts Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check back when it's nut cuttin time!
I defended the New England Patriots defense last season with it's second half (last 8 games) performance. I ended up with egg my face after the AFC Divisional Playoff loss to the New York Jets.

No way this year's New England Patriots defense is peaking at the right time especially compared to last season.

Where was the "garbage time" points scored for the New York Jets last season with a first string quarterback when the New England Patriots won 45-3?

Did Tom Brady come out of that game in the 4th quarter?

Did Tom Brady come out of today's game?

Thank you.

*really 0-12 because the defense sucks and gives up more yards than any other team in the NFL.
Just give the New England Patriots defense a free ride this season because it's been Tom Brady carrying the entire load.

If there is anything that's gonna kill this team it won't be the defense. It will be an offense that is either unable or unwilling to run the ball. Mostly because it's not their identity!
A running game would help but red zone defense is huge in the playoffs.

Last time I checked Tom Brady does not play defense.

Correct. Good. And neither does our defense when TB is on the field. If the Pats had kept the hammer down all game the Colts wouldn't have scored 21 in the 4th. Just like the 45-3 win over the Jets. Putting Hoyer in is the definition of "garbage" time and letting up which allowed the Colts to pile on MEANINGLESS yards/points, along with conservative play calling with TB. I can't believe I have to explain this I feel like I'm talking to Steeler fans.

Correct. Good. And neither does our defense when TB is on the field.
The New England Patriots kept the hammer down during the entire 2007 NFL Season. If the New Orleans Saints could do it earlier in the season against the pathetic Colts, so should the New England Patriots.

At this point this team is going to get a bunch of wins against lousy teams in the next few week. I guess you can look at this game two ways. A win is a win and the pats stay in the race for the best record in the AFC. Or you can look at this game another way: Pats squeak out a win against an 0-11 colts team.

The fact is that another scrub QB throws 353 yards, 2 TDs and completed 30 of 37 passes :eek: it is alarming. Colts also had the ball on the 1 yard line and shot themselves in the foot with the false start. I don't care what the score was in the 4th. When a QB like Orlovsky gets his team back in the game in the 4th because the D continues to suck it is cause for concern.

Regardless this team can win the next 4 games (which they very well may)but the fact reminds these wins against lousy teams are fools gold wins that do nothing but give the pats an impressive regular season record. I still nothing that indicates that this team is not one and done in the playoffs.

At this point this team is going to get a bunch of wins against lousy teams in the next few week. I guess you can look at this game two ways. A win is a win and the pats stay in the race for the best record in the AFC. Or you can look at this game another way: Pats squeak out a win against an 0-11 colts team.

The fact is that another scrub QB throws 353 yards, 2 TDs and completed 30 of 37 passes :eek: it is alarming. Colts also had the ball on the 1 yard line and shot themselves in the foot with the false start. I don't care what the score was in the 4th. When a QB like Orlovsky gets his team back in the game in the 4th because the D continues to suck it is cause for concern.

Regardless this team can win the next 4 games (which they very well may)but the fact reminds these wins against lousy teams are fools gold wins that do nothing but give the pats an impressive regular season record. I still nothing that indicates that this team is not one and done in the playoffs.
Well said

Orlovsky's QB rating was 1 point below Brady's

and it's not like Brady was going up against a great D

Embarrassing is an understatement for the way the D played in the fourth.

Anyone read Curran's article? Might be worthwhile if you haven't. I'd link it but I can't figure out how to link on an IPad.

The point of the article was that BB was experimenting all game and he, i'n fact, took the Colts less seriously than his media rant suggested.

Anyone read Curran's article? Might be worthwhile if you haven't. I'd link it but I can't figure out how to link on an IPad.

The point of the article was that BB was experimenting all game and he, i'n fact, took the Colts less seriously than his media rant suggested.

vince_omg.gif

I have no idea what to think

Last edited:
The fact is that another scrub QB throws 353 yards, 2 TDs and completed 30 of 37 passes :eek: it is alarming.

200+ yards and both TDs coming in the 4th while down 31-3.

It is not alarming to people who know football.

The score doesn't indicate how lopsided this game was. Even if the Pats didn't recover the onside kick, odds were not good that the Colts would have tied the game with well under a minute left (36 seconds with no time outs).

The Pats in 2004 had a 13 point lead against a Maimi team (that went 4-12 that year) with three minutes left in the game. The "crappy" Patriots offense turned over the ball twice and the Pats lost 29-28. Sometimes bad teams steal a game from a good team even in the last minutes. The bad team in question today didn't even win the game and never got within a TD of doing so after the Pats opened a 27 point lead. I am not saying the 2011 Patriots are nearly as good as the 2004 Patriots, but if the 2004 Patriots can collapse in the final three minutes against a bad team than any team this year could.

The Pats took the foot off the gas and even starting putting in a bunch of back ups like Matthew Slater, Nate Jones, and Niko Koutouvides. Yes, it is disconcerting that they would take the foot off the gas like that, but it wasn't like the first team defense was in for a lot of the 4th quarter.

I can't wait until Mike Reiss posts the snaps by players this week and we see how many snaps that back ups like the ones I mentioned and guys like Ridley, Cannon, Nick McDonald, etc. got on offense. Even Ochocinco got snaps in the no huddle which I think was a first all year. This was a practice for the Pats in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
I also like how the Homers have run out of ammunition, and now when people criticize something they're Jets fans.

Yeah, being 9-3 and in control of our division with a great shot at home field advantage throughout the playoffs while playing a 4th-string center and a bunch of UDFAs and offensive players in the secondary...it's a disaster! I am going to have to smash my rose-coloured glasses in anticipation of the obvious "one and done" in these coming playoffs that we somehow are getting into despite the worst Defense in the history of the NFL.

Just one request - if we don't go "one and done", can all the CLs please stop posting in recognition of being completely and totally wrong about this team? I'll offer to stop posting in response if we do go "one and done". How about it?

I would like to. Where is it?

200+ yards and both TDs coming in the 4th while down 31-3.

It is not alarming to people who know football.

Yep. 18/20 for 240 and 2 TDs in the 4th.
So 12/17 for 113 and a pick through the first 3 quarters.

Eh they just let the foot of the gas IMO....nothing to be alarmed about

Yeah, being 9-3 and in control of our division with a great shot at home field advantage throughout the playoffs while playing a 4th-string center and a bunch of UDFAs and offensive players in the secondary...it's a disaster! I am going to have to smash my rose-coloured glasses in anticipation of the obvious "one and done" in these coming playoffs that we somehow are getting into despite the worst Defense in the history of the NFL.

Just one request - if we don't go "one and done", can all the CLs please stop posting in recognition of being completely and totally wrong about this team? I'll offer to stop posting in response if we do go "one and done". How about it?

Yeah, I still don't get why the haters are acting like the Pats lost today. Look at the players who got significant snaps today (Nick McDonald, Nate Jones, Niko Koutouvides, Matthew Slater, etc.). These guys are not going to probably see the field in the playoffs except on special teams. Yet, people are killing the Pats for winning a game where they had a four score lead with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter and still won with much of the team being the taxi squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes