PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 13 Pats - Colts Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You stated he was playing well the last month. I disagree with the adjective well.

Then you weren't paying attention. There were games the opposing QB didn't even look in his direction.

Not really He clearly was not playing in Butler territory. Not even close.
He is if you project the fall off to be close. McCourty's capabilities are/were so much greater than Butler's ever were. That's what makes his slump all the more troublesome.

The Pats really need him to re-find his 2010 form.

Boy - from the sounds of it, I picked a good week to have a family thing to go to and miss the game. At least they won, it sounds like I might have opened a vein.:bricks:

I also like how the Homers have run out of ammunition, and now when people criticize something they're Jets fans.
The "Homers" (thanks for the capitalization - it confirms our correctness) won today and you misanthropes lost. We know you were rooting for the Colts because losses fuel your miserable existence and make you happy. I'm guessing you also root for the unemployment rate to go up and for the stock market to crash. Enjoy the rest of your week-end, Chief Dark Cloud.

Then you weren't paying attention. There were games the opposing QB didn't even look in his direction.
It does not matter when the defensive secondary is sliced and diced week in and week out.

It does not matter when the defensive secondary is sliced and diced week in and week out.

This secondary hasn't been sliced and diced week in and week out. But that is great story though.

There have been a lot of games where the Pats gave up a lot of yards, but until the 4th quarter today they have cut down on the big plays, points, and even passing yards.

Besides, if the opposing offense burns say Arrington or Molden, how is that McCourty's fault?

Last edited:
This secondary hasn't been sliced and diced week in and week out. But that is great story though.
Denying the fact the New England Patriots are dead last in defensive pass yardage this season.

There have been a lot of games where the Pats gave up a lot of yards, but until the 4th quarter today they have cut down on the big plays, points, and even passing yards.
Against a winless team that has NOTHING to play for.

Besides, if the opposing offense burns say Arrington or Molden, how is that McCourty's fault?
McCourty is not even the best cornerback in the New England Patriots defensive secondary this season. McCourty should be progressing not regressing.

Denying the fact the New England Patriots are dead last in defensive pass yardage this season.

That's because earlier in the season when the Pats gave up a ridiculous amount of yards.

Against a winless team that has NOTHING to play for.

Well, then the Steelers defense sucks too because they gave up 20 points to the same team.

McCourty is not even the best cornerback in the New England Patriots defensive secondary this season. McCourty should be progressing not regressing.

Obviously considering when anyone in the secondary gets burnt it is McCourty's fault since you seem to equate a bad secondary to a bad McCourty. The Pats gave up a lot of yards to Vince Young last week which was clearly McCourty's fault even though he wasn't even in the same state where the game was played.

This game went almost exactly the way I had expected. If the colts didn't score that last touchdown i would have been extremely close in the predict the score contest. Offensively, we dink and dunked the shiz out of them. Stats are very misleading because everyone was expecting a blowout but no one has put up more than 34 points on them besides the saints who went overboard.

On defense we took our foot off the pedal and started to experiment with our personel. Koutovides played most of the game but as soon as it was in hand he was replaced by guyton and our run defense suffered and everything started to click for the colts and besides we always do this on defense when the game is in hand so no one should complain.

This game went almost exactly the way I had expected. If the colts didn't score that last touchdown i would have been extremely close in the predict the score contest. Offensively, we dink and dunked the shiz out of them. Stats are very misleading because everyone was expecting a blowout but no one has put up more than 34 points on them besides the saints who went overboard.

On defense we took our foot off the pedal and started to experiment with our personel. Koutovides played most of the game but as soon as it was in hand he was replaced by guyton and our run defense suffered and everything started to click for the colts and besides we always do this on defense when the game is in hand so no one should complain.

Yeah, one thing we didn't talk about is all the subs getting reps. When Nate Jones made a play today, I had to remind myself that the Pats signed him this week. Riddley got a bulk of the carries over BJGE. Donald Thomas played a lot. The Pats probably pulled their starters too quick. Several guys out there for significant playing time weren't even on the 53 man roster two weeks ago.

Obviously considering when anyone in the secondary gets burnt it is McCourty's fault since you seem to equate a bad secondary to a bad McCourty. The Pats gave up a lot of yards to Vince Young last week which was clearly McCourty's fault even though he wasn't even in the same state where the game was played.
It's Belichick's mantra to be peaking in December however I did not see a New England Patriots football team playing 60 minutes of focused football.

I saw a New England Patriots defensive secondary that made Dan Orlovsky look like a Pro-Bowl quarterback aside from the interception by linebacker Jerod Mayo.

Last edited:
Well, then the Steelers defense sucks too because they gave up 20 points to the same team.
If you believe the Steelers defense sucks then you did not watch the Steelers - Patriots game this season.

It's Belichick's mantra to be peaking in December however I did not see a New England Patriots football team playing 60 minutes of focused football.

I saw a New England Patriots defensive secondary that made Dan Orlovsky look like a Pro-Bowl quarterback aside from the interception by linebacker Jerod Mayo.
The simple explanation is that the Patriots came to work for 45 minutes. For 15 minutes, they were utterly pathetic.

For the whole game? He really looked Pro Bowl at halftime? How about at the end of the 3rd quarter? How many TDs had he thrown up to that point? Was he carving up the D when it was 31-3?

And Vince Young Threw for 400 yards. Are you sure you know what you are looking at. If so do you think it might be the wrong thing.

Yep. Fortunately there is plenty of bandwagon room for the Browns (#1 passing defense), Jags (#3), Chargers (#8), Rams (#9) and Redskins (#10). Things are a little more crowded for the Saints (#29), Packers (#31) and Pats (#32).

Methinks you might want to plant your rhetorical flag in a better statistic.

Are you sure you know what you are looking at.
How about a defense that does not allow 24 points, 10/15 third down conversions, and nearly 36 minutes time of possession against a THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK?

How about a defense that does not allow 24 points, 10/15 third down conversions, and nearly 36 minutes time of possession against a THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK?

Because that's what matters. To hell with a win, if the defense doesn't hold everyone to -48 yards total offense and 5 or less points than it's really a loss anyway. Pats are 9-3* right now.

*really 0-12 because the defense sucks and gives up more yards than any other team in the NFL.

Check back when it's nut cuttin time. This was a defense that didn't allow a journeyman QB to get behind them early. That's it, keep it all in front of you till your up 30. The fourth qtr was a soft mixed matched personnel grouping. I mean Sterling Moore on Garcon, Bill had the test tube beakers out there and it got close. Big whoop....... I think the glaring part of the game that people aren't talking about is the 3 straight 3 and outs and the piss poor running game.

If there is anything that's gonna kill this team it won't be the defense. It will be an offense that is either unable or unwilling to run the ball. Mostly because it's not their identity!

For the whole game? He really looked Pro Bowl at halftime? How about at the end of the 3rd quarter? How many TDs had he thrown up to that point? Was he carving up the D when it was 31-3?
Football is a game played not for 15 or 30 or 45 minutes. Football is a game played for 60 minutes.

Where was the "garbage time" points scored for the New York Jets last season with a first string quarterback when the New England Patriots won 45-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes