PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 13: other NFL games

Rooting for the chargers is making me depressed
I turned that game off because it looked like they would run away with it. Guess I should turn it back on. Bucs/Falcons is boring me.

I see the Chiefs doing it for sure. They have Tyreek Hill on their roster and put up with Hunt. I’d say AB is more of a model citizen than those guys
I mean, losing a leg is worse than losing a foot, but…

Gronk is truly back. He seemed it in the first couple weeks and then got hurt obviously so we couldn’t really know but wow.

Brady's lap dog Gronk with another touchdown...

Agreed. I don’t get how people are still so invested in the Buccaneers; unless I’m betting on them, I really couldn’t care less what they do. Never really got the concept of rooting for two teams, especially now where the Patriots’ future appears to be extremely, extremely bright. I suspect a lot of these weirdo Patriot still going crazy about the Buccaneers aren’t actually from New England.

Some of that investment is rooted in resentment toward BB/Kraft and the mistaken belief that Brady was the sole reason for 20 years of success.

You can be a fan of the player and the team. Majority of people who still root for TB12 will always choose the Patriots if they face off again. But there's nothing wrong in wishing him to do great if it doesn't affect the Pats which it doesn't he went to the NFC.

Most NFL fans are only invested in one team
except those that bandy about, following a team and rooting for them when they win... because by extension that makes them "winners" ... at least in their minds... in reality, its a more than a little bit desperate and needy...

Is that where the term fair weather fans came from?

I think fair weather fans are more like fans who jump from team to team...they go where ever the "weather" is better. at least those fans root for one team.

You can be a fan of the player and the team. Majority of people who still root for TB12 will always choose the Patriots if they face off again. But there's nothing wrong in wishing him to do great if it doesn't affect the Pats which it doesn't he went to the NFC.
The obsession and adulation - I find - is a bit weird. Whatever. Some people like broccoli, some don’t.

theres a difference between saying I hope he does well yada yada yada and actively rooting for another team to win in all... and believe me there are plenty of "Patriot" fans on this site actively rooting for the bucks to win it all, again.

Now that's the kind of Burrowing I want to see!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back