PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 13 NFL Games

People really getting worked up that a guy looked paralyzed and might play the next game just because "we would never be so lucky"? Lol

2 other thoughts:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Baltimore is going into Heinz and winning next week (that's when they play, right?)

While I really don't have a ton of fear of the Steelers, I do have point out that when the Patriots have to work hard to beat a crappy team we do mental gymnastics to explain why it isn't concerning. Only winning by 3 at home to the Packers with their backup? We wrote that damn book!

Went to sleep at the end of the 3rd quarter, 20-10, why am I not surprised the Bengals blew this one. God d%#*!@t I hate that team, Marvin Lewis should be fired today, no excuses.

Went to sleep at the end of the 3rd quarter, 20-10, why am I not surprised the Bengals blew this one. God d%#*!@t I hate that team, Marvin Lewis should be fired today, no excuses.

I went to bed around the same time and expected them to blow the lead. I'm glad I didn't try to stay awake longer.

You are disappointed that he isn’t severely injured? Wow
I did not say that. What i wanted to say is they haven't had a single singnificant injury to a starter this year except for Joe Hayden, who is coming back. They and Shazier dodged another bullet last night. We dont have our number one WR, number two WR since week 8, our number one, two and three LB. I'm just pissed that we have that many injuries.

I went to bed around the same time and expected them to blow the lead. I'm glad I didn't try to stay awake longer.
Yup. As soon as that weak holding call negated the TD that would pretty much have wrapped it up.

Shazier needs to learn how to tackle, I've seen him leading with the head in full force many times.

Depending on what the doctors said to him (It could have been something like "it was more the shock and the scare than anything" to "you are very luck, a few inches more to the left or right and that would've ended your career") you have to question his efficiency going forward. Those who suffered accidents or other traumatic events know that the brain in certain situations pull the brakes earlier than what it used to for that same situation before the traumatic event.

Maybe a pro athlete can overcome that, I know for sure after my motorcycle accident it took a while to regain confidence and I could never lean on a curve anymore like I used to before the crash. I have listened Formula 1 drivers saying the same thing that after a violent crash, they lost like 0.2 seconds a lap, that's a blink of an eye but in racing it's a lot of time.

Really glad Shazier's okay. Hate, hate, hate seeing that.

The hit on Burfict and the one on Brown...yikes. And yeah, Burfict shouldn't even be in the league anymore, but Schuster and the guy who hit Brown should both be looking at massive fines.

Both of those hits were far more dangerous than what Gronk did.

Chuck it up to Brown and hope for a flag. Gotta love the new NFL. Pats had better be prepared for this. Does Gilmore get Brown?

The Bengals have been among the league's most undisciplined teams for years and it all comes back to Lewis.

I did not say that. What i wanted to say is they haven't had a single singnificant injury to a starter this year except for Joe Hayden, who is coming back. They and Shazier dodged another bullet last night. We dont have our number one WR, number two WR since week 8, our number one, two and three LB. I'm just pissed that we have that many injuries.
Shazier is not a minor injury.
No confirmation yet that he isn’t at least partially paralyzed.

I wouldn’t root for a debilitating injury just because we have had some.

Shazier is not a minor injury.
No confirmation yet that he isn’t at least partially paralyzed.

I wouldn’t root for a debilitating injury just because we have had some.
There were reports about him missing one game.

There were reports about him missing one game.
Reports I heard were they think he may have feeling in his legs. This could be tragic and career ending.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back