PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 11 NFL Games *Bye Week Edition*

I don’t understand these teams going for two for the win all the time. The Panthers are better than the Lions, the better team should win more often than not over say 15-20 plays in OT vs one single play for 2.

Making it work? Thomas and Smith are by far better than anything Brady has....
Not everything is intended as an attack or comparison involving the Pats, Brees/Brady, etc.

Making it work? Thomas and Smith are by far better than anything Brady has....

Smith is not better than Gordon or edelman. You can make a case against what we started out with (dorsett and hogan)

We can’t compete with a team like the Saints right now. They are simply playing otherworldly.

The operative words being right now. If the Pats have shown us anything over the past 18 years it's that this is a marathon not a sprint. If past history is any indicator the product we have been seeing of late will hopefully be eclipsed by the product we see in January and February

Nobody is beating the Saints this year for the cup. They are loaded.

Sony is no Kamara and Mike Thomas is better than all NE wrs combined.

They might just be “The Greatest Show on Turf.”

This is one of the few years i can remember this many really good teams. Saints, rams, kc, and ne/pitt arent quite as good right now as the top 3 but given the history they may get there. Id say thats 5 teams I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see get the 1 seed and win it all, might even be able to throw sd into the conversation.

Man I wish a 41 year old Brady had young healthy elite weapons like a 40 year old Brees was given

I love how all the teams that have beat the Patriots this season...that clearly was their Super Bowl as they've played like crap ever since.

This can’t be our excuse every time our defense makes a mediocre qb look like joe Montana in his prime

The operative words being right now. If the Pats have shown us anything over the past 18 years it's that this is a marathon not a sprint. If past history is any indicator the product we have been seeing of late will hopefully be eclipsed by the product we see in January and February
The only thing that’s stopping that team is injuries. Short of that, they’re tea bagging the Patriots. Payton should get on his knees and blow his scouting department over that 2017 draft.

We can’t compete with a team like the Saints right now. They are simply playing otherworldly.
So said 31 other teams in November 2007 about another NFL team...................

4 and 7 up 31 in the 4th throwing it deep if that was Belichick & Brady people would be calling for their heads.

Although it is kind of funny in this instance because who they are doing it against, Eagles gotta be having fun, right?

I don’t understand these teams going for two for the win all the time. The Panthers are better than the Lions, the better team should win more often than not over say 15-20 plays in OT vs one single play for 2.
Strongly agree with this logic.

To add to that, there was even more incentive to kick the xp there imo. If you give it back up 1 with 1 min left, your opponent goes all out and uses 4 down side of go get a field goal. If it’s tied, they’re likely more conservative and willing to take it into OT. So it’s not like the successful 2pt gives you a regulation win with the same probability that an xp gives you overtime.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back