PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 10: Other Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange with all the MVP acclaim Russell Wilson has got this year you rarely hear about him off the field or his lockerroom presence.

I remember in his 2013-2014 SB years there was a lot of talk that he was a Uncle Tom and was not well liked by the team.

I never hear that anymore so did he learn ways to fit in or did they get rid of his critics?

That sounds like something the Mannings would spread around. Maybe that's what happened to Wilson in those years. :)

I do.

I want the Pats to face the 18-0 49ers in the Super Bowl and force Shula and Mercury Morris and the rest of those clowns to cheer for the Patriots. That would be delicious!

Did i read that right? Wilson has over 2 times as many game winning drives as the great Aaron Rodgers?

Yup. He also has 4 times as many GWD's in the playoffs.

Now that he's playing QB, Ryan Tannehill (17) is going to be hard for Aaron (15) to catch. He has a decent shot to catch Andrew Luck (16) though.

So Jimmy plays well when he has an strong supporting cast?
Amazing!

No excuse to lose another game this year. We are getting healthier and have match up out of the way. Every other team we play is much more conventional and allows us to play our game...
Ummm...Houston?
But the big bad Ravens won and there not afraid to come into Foxborough Mike!!!
No they are not...but we absolutely should be.

Ummm...Houston?

No they are not...but we absolutely should be.

There are two difficulties with the Ravens system, and only 2:

1. Size of the players surrounding Jackson for running purposes
  2. Speed of Jackson

The first is easy to counter, but it makes you more vulnerable to the latter. The second is more difficult, which is why Michael Vick, who was Jackson before Jackson, was able to succeed to some extent, even without the RPO to buttress his game. So, if BB can negate Jackson's speed (and most of the big plays in that game were because defenders didn't stay in their lanes, thereby allowing that speed to become a problem) without going smaller along the line and LBs, Baltimore's got nothing.

With Jackson, speed kills, and throwing doesn't.

For the experienced posters here and those who have played the game, of what advantage is it to the Seahawks for them to say this to the media? I am missing something?
Wagner shares how Seahawks decoded Jimmy G, 49ers
This is why I don't question BB in his approach. Why not keep it in house for the other times you will get to play him?

That play was pure comedy gold. Holy hell.

The best part of that play was made by #32, the Seahawks' RB. He totally whiffed on an attempted block then stood around a few yards away while Wilson was being sacked. He also just stood and watched as the ball came loose and the O lineman fumbled. He didn't even consider heading toward the play to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes