PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 1 (vs HOU) . Practice News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Pats staff not realize this imminent medical issue with Darboh?

I'm fairly sure it was widely reported, so they would have known. They may have just wanted to take on his contract for next year -- or he may be eligible to return if he heals up quickly enough and they like his classroom progress. Interesting to see how it's handled.

Did Pats staff not realize this imminent medical issue with Darboh?

Of course they did. I'm not sure, but he must have been waived-injured by SEA in the first place. I'd say probably since he's scheduled to have surgery today (and it's not as if he just called the doctor over the Labor Day weekend to set that up).

The whole point of the exercise was clearly to sign him to the active roster to preserve his contract, and then place him on IR/Eligible to Return. Even if he's not ready, the Pats will begin the 2019 off-season with a young WR asset already under their contractual control through 2020.

Good to see Brown's absence wasn't injury related. OL should be healthy for game one at least.

I wonder if Michel is playing Sunday.

With the thin WR corp, it will be interesting to see if they dress extra RB's. If they do, my guess is Michel is active. Though how much he plays is another matter.

Of course they did. I'm not sure, but he must have been waived-injured by SEA in the first place. I'd say probably since he's scheduled to have surgery today (and it's not as if he just called the doctor over the Labor Day weekend to set that up).

The whole point of the exercise was clearly to sign him to the active roster to preserve his contract, and then place him on IR/Eligible to Return. Even if he's not ready, the Pats will begin the 2019 off-season with a young WR asset already under their contractual control through 2020.

Confused. Tweet said waived. Did not see him kept on any kind of IR.

Confused. Tweet said waived. Did not see him kept on any kind of IR.

First tweet said "waived". Subsequent tweets corrected that to "waived-injured." If he's not claimed in 24 hours, he automatically reverts to IR.

This question came from another poster in another thread, so:

Could Darboh not have been placed directly on IR, having already been part of the 53 by Sunday @4pm, without having to be subjected to the waiver process?

I wonder if Michel is playing Sunday.
They are relatively healthy right now so your going to have healthy scratches. A rook who missed most of camp is a likely candidate but if he's ready healthwise and for his role then let's see what we have. We only have 4 RBs so that helps his case for the 45 too.

We will likely be able to use a late season special teams addition.

They are relatively healthy right now so your going to have healthy scratches. A rook who missed most of camp is a likely candidate but if he's ready healthwise and for his role then let's see what we have. We only have 4 RBs so that helps his case for the 45 too.
White, Hill, Burkhead and Develin are plenty. I wouldn't have any more active. If Michel is ready, that's great. We would then have Hill or Burkhead inactive.

White, Hill, Burkhead and Develin are plenty. I wouldn't have any more active. If Michel is ready, that's great. We would then have Hill or Burkhead inactive.
I know Bolden was basically a STer but we usually carried 4 when he was here. I think going with 3 is a very likely possibility and as I said a rook with no preseason is likely too. But as light as we are at WR we might want one more skill position guy. Basically if we only dress 3 WR might want 4 backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes