PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 1 Post Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind'f insane that we beat the recently 13-3 yet improved Cardinals on the Road, with our entire Offensive Line crippled and with our being without the best QB and without the best TE in History.

God, I wish we were us.

Oh. :eek:

Wait.

We are. :D

RE: Mingo, he's only been on the roster for two weeks. Reports are he's almost literally living at the stadium to catch up, but I'm guessing BB doesn't think he's quite ready. BB will put in the players that give the best chance to win, and that fit the game plan.

Maybe next week or vs. Texans he'll start seeing reps on D. Hopefully weeks 2& 3 we get Solder and Gronk back. By week 5 it it will be like a wave of fresh bodies added to the team. Brady, Nink, with Mingo now playing up to speed. Week 7 or 8 hopefully we see Dion Lewis back and going.

Injuries will happen, but it feels like BB now has layers upon layers of depth. Not just for injuries, but to keep players fresher, longer.

I was disappointed that the Pats didn't win by my predicted score of 41-10, but I guess I'll have to live with just a close win. :cool:

The Cardinals may be the best team in the NFC - certainly in the top 3-4. Good football game and a nice win on the road against a strong team without the GOAT, the Gronk and half the OL.

Racked up 132 Yards in a Loss. You do the Math.
spock.gif

He racked up 132 TOTAL yards.. 89 on the ground. 43 receiving.

So, when you discount the 45 yard run that should have been wiped out due to Gresham holding Sheard, he had 44 yards on 15 carriers and 43 yards on 4 receptions.

they also added robert nkedimche(sp) ..... and they have some talent, but their defense also has some holes......their LB group ain't all that and one corner is an obvious liability when a guy starting his first game can expose it like that

mitchell has the hands.......maybe not the fastest blaze down the field, but he can help stretch the defense

The Cards lost their #2 CB to a knee in a late preseason game. They were forced to play a rookie opposite Patrick Peterson and the Pats Coaches exploited him.

Not enough people talking about what a monster fitzgerald was last night.

Dude single handedly kept the cards in the game making catches only he could make while blanketed by logan ryan.

Seriously finger tip type catches that should only be stopped via defensive pass interference.

People talk about how poor the D played in the second half but what i saw was a future hall of famer putting on a clinic in being clutch.

That said it was a hell of a game, very entertaining.
And, FWIW, I give props to Arizona for not stopping the game and setting off fireworks to celebrate his 100th career TD they way they did in Denver when Peyton broke some record that Brady will probably break. They just let the game continue. Bruce Arians and Fitzgerald both seem to understand that no one is bigger than the game.

Beautifully put, Sir. And thank you!!
beer.gif

Do I presume that the "Squirrel" Title~ extraordinarily appropriate for one of Julian EdelPerson's Ferocious Excellence, I applaud Thee!! ~ is a reference to Scrat of the Ice Age Chronicles?

Dunno the ultimate origin but Edelman in a video when asked what he wanted for a nickname, laughed and quipped "Squirrel!" Note that HE posted a photo of himself on his FB page in a Squirrel T shirt. I agree the name is apt for his ferocity and quickness.

I do take credit for naming Dion Branch "The Twig".

He racked up 132 TOTAL yards.. 89 on the ground. 43 receiving.

So, when you discount the 45 yard run that should have been wiped out due to Gresham holding Sheard, he had 44 yards on 15 carriers and 43 yards on 4 receptions.

All true, but with his elusiveness and quickness, he at least looks quite capable of being a top 5 back this year. If Fitzgerald can stay healthy along with the rest of their offense being effective, teams won't be able to stack the box.

All of this, of course, based on one game! :)

David Johnson...That kid's about to go ApeShit, I believe.

He's got 2000 Yards (combined) Potential.

He didn't do much outside that one 45 yard run.

Racked up 132 Yards in a Loss. You do the Math.
spock.gif

He racked up 132 Total Yards.. 89 on the ground. 43 receiving.

I'm not sure what part of "combined" Yards you're struggling to grasp...
spock.gif

But, yes: when you count what actually happened, he racked up 132 combined Yards ~ just as I said he did ~ and is therefore on a pace for...what?...2092 Yards. So in The Real World, you still lose. :D

But my point had nothing to do with Yesterday's Game ~ despite the amusing fact that it inarguably supported my Statement on a statistical level ~ and far more to do with his Potential.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what part of "combined" Yards you're struggling to grasp...
spock.gif

But, yes: when you count what actually happened, he racked up 132 combined Yards ~ just as I said he did ~ and is therefore on a pace for...what?...2092 Yards. So in The Real World, you still lose. :D

But my point had nothing to do with Yesterday's Game ~ despite the amusing fact that it inarguably supported my Statement on a statistical level ~ and far more to do with his Potential.

Hey.. I just did the math like you asked.. Wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with you.. :p

David Johnson...That kid's about to go ApeShit, I believe.

He's got 2000 Yards (combined) Potential.

I remember one play where he was going through the hole and Hightower went in to tackle him and didn't even lay a hand on him. His change of direction is exceptional.

I posted this in another thread. How did the Pats lose to Ariz in 2012 at Gillette? Close game, great drive to get in FG position and a last second FG by home team kicker no good.....
Same thing last night.....only this time the Pats were the visitors.....................

Let's take a moment to appreciate who isn't on that list. Thuney was our best lineman last night, and was really, really good. His first NFL game, and he already looks like a stud.

Last edited:
I remember one play where he was going through the hole and Hightower went in to tackle him and didn't even lay a hand on him. His change of direction is exceptional.

Yeah, Johnson's the real deal, legitimately one of the best RBs in the NFL. I don't like that we gave up thta big run, but when you're going against one of the best in the league and you only give up one big play, that's not so bad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back