PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI putting both feet in mouth and tarnishing Boston's image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borges cooked a story to bring down the Pats and TB12 and their show outed it as fake news.
Not sure we should use the word "cooked". Borges didn't invent the fake story, but he fell for it hook, line and sinker.
They also have the best Brady interview out there and are not afraid to ask the tough questions that nobody else will.
It's the only Brady interview ( they have exclusive rights ) and last I heard it wasn't clear if the WEEI "pissants" still have it or not. [ What they're saying: Tom Brady doesn't want WEEI host fired ] says:
Brady explained that he hadn't yet decided what the future held for his appearances on WEEI. He told the station on Monday that he'd have to re-evaluate their arrangement -- just days after WEEI and parent company Entercom agreed to a deal with the Patriots that awarded the station the rights to exclusively broadcast "Patriots Monday" and "Patriots Friday," which feature interviews with both Brady and Bill Belichick.
Everyone realizes they only have that interview because they pay the Pats the most, right?

Fauria's actions do not set back Boston's reputation back. He's a grown man who's not even from here originally. EEI doesn't represent Boston either...even though they like to think that they do.

To the rest of the country, he’s a Boston guy and WEEI is the dominant radio station in Boston.
So, in a way, both entities are the same and represent the city.

Don Yee is a pretty successful guy. I would like to think he is above being offended by a stupid radio voice inspired by his last name. I'm fact, given his success in life, I am betting Yee is not in the habit of embracing victimhood.

Yee is doing fine. But I’m sure he’s spent a good portion of his life trying to show everyone he is an “american.” He has to be fed up.

I would think TB12 cuts ties to Fauria now that he insulted his agent. weei is already on thin ice with him.

My advice to any/all posters who listen to sports radio (myself included) is to not take them seriously or what they say as gospel.

They are on the air to drive ratings, stir the pot and push passionate sports fans to such an emotional state they are compelled to call in or talk about the show.

The program directors enable their on-air talent to cross the line intentionally or unintentionally.

Always ask yourself, "Are you not entertained?"

Its up to us how we want to be entertained and what are the parameters of the entertainment should be because all the station cares about are ratings and ad revenue and nothing else matters.

WEEI is doing a great job building a national reputation as a backwards, classless radio station. WEEI also seems to be doing its best to alienate Tom Brady as well.

First they mock Brady's 5 year old kid on the morning show. Now they suspend Christian Fauria for three and a half minutes impersonating a r.acist accent of Brady's agent, who is American and has no accent.

Bravo WEEI for making Boston look as bad as Philly [or insert your own city of choice] fans.

Boston radio host suspended for mocking Tom Brady's agent by using Asian accent

https://deadspin.com/weei-suspends-christian-fauria-five-days-for-racist-don-1822894984

Yee is also Edelman's agent, and just landed Garoppolo the richest quarterback contract in NFL history.

The past 3 weeks have set Boston's reputation back a decade.
Now, if only anyone outside of Boston were paying attention...to the rest of the country this is Patriots' fans eating their own...a version of "Boston on Boston" crime...

My advice to any/all posters who listen to sports radio (myself included) is to not take them seriously or what they say as gospel.

They are on the air to drive ratings, stir the pot and push passionate sports fans to such an emotional state they are compelled to call in or talk about the show.

The program directors enable their on-air talent to cross the line intentionally or unintentionally.

Always ask yourself, "Are you not entertained?"

Its up to us how we want to be entertained and what are the parameters of the entertainment should be because all the station cares about are ratings and ad revenue and nothing else matters.

Well said.

And I would amend the first sentence to not taking ANYONE in life too seriously.

I would love to ask Don Yee if his inclination is to shake his head at Fauria and think, "What a tool." Or is he deeply offended and feeling like his credentials as an American are being questioned.

Something tells me that Don Yee is not the professional victim type of guy. Most successful people aren't.

It’s not about the PC crowd. Put yourself in Don Yee’s shoes and think about whether it is offensive when someone mocks you with a foreign accent. Don yee spent his entire life here - in fact he’s been an American longer than Fauria has. i’d be pissed. I mean what does it take for someone to be an American these days?

Very well said

It's a media outlet. Tell me more about this 'reputation thing' they are trying to protect as well as them representing Boston et al?

Fauria is a hardo

The Murray bit actually is pretty funny. He's not dissing her ethnicity by imitating her accent as much as poking fun at "nagging wife syndrome." I suppose people can feel offended about pretty much anything nowadays.

Nagging wives (an axiomatic phrase if ever there was one) are guaranteed to be offended by at least 2 things. Anything we say & everything we do

Been a few weeks of radio personality screw ups. I saw that the Eagles had one of their own arrested for a DUI and assault after the parade. Lol

Fauria started out mocking Borges for falling for the fake Don Yee. He might have been ok if he stopped there but proceeded to doing the show in his fake Asian accent long after they moved on from Borges. That might have been too much, he does a fake Italian accent all the time but since he's Italian no one gets offended I guess.

To the rest of the country, he’s a Boston guy and WEEI is the dominant radio station in Boston.
So, in a way, both entities are the same and represent the city.

Yes WEEI is generating national headlines, not in a good way

Well said.

And I would amend the first sentence to not taking ANYONE in life too seriously.

I would love to ask Don Yee if his inclination is to shake his head at Fauria and think, "What a tool." Or is he deeply offended and feeling like his credentials as an American are being questioned.

Something tells me that Don Yee is not the professional victim type of guy. Most successful people aren't.
Not sure re: Yee.

I hope he wasn't offended but I get why if he was.

So, I learned in this thread that making fun of people and mocking them because of their ethnicity is totally cool

Good to know that you're finally starting to figure things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back