PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI putting both feet in mouth and tarnishing Boston's image

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
WEEI is doing a great job building a national reputation as a backwards, classless radio station. WEEI also seems to be doing its best to alienate Tom Brady as well.

First they mock Brady's 5 year old kid on the morning show. Now they suspend Christian Fauria for three and a half minutes impersonating a r.acist accent of Brady's agent, who is American and has no accent.

Bravo WEEI for making Boston look as bad as Philly [or insert your own city of choice] fans.

Boston radio host suspended for mocking Tom Brady's agent by using Asian accent

https://deadspin.com/weei-suspends-christian-fauria-five-days-for-racist-don-1822894984

Yee is also Edelman's agent, and just landed Garoppolo the richest quarterback contract in NFL history.

The past 3 weeks have set Boston's reputation back a decade.

Last edited:
Anyone that would judge a city by it's sports radio 'personalities' actions could find something to condemn in any media market. Of course that same person would defend their own city if such a ridiculous criteria was being applied to it.

WEEI is doing a great job building a national reputation as a backwards, classless radio station. WEEI also seems to be doing its best to alienate Tom Brady as well.

First they mock Brady's 5 year old kid on the morning show. Now they suspend Christian Fauria for three and a half minutes impersonating a r.acist accent of Brady's agent, who is American and has no accent.

Bravo WEEI for making Boston look as bad as Philly [or insert your own city of choice] fans.

https://deadspin.com/weei-suspends-christian-fauria-five-days-for-racist-don-1822894984

Yee is also Edelman's agent, and just landed Garoppolo the richest quarterback contract in NFL history.

talk about overreacting. fauria
was unprofessional there, but a friend of mine told me jim murray, some guy on felger/mazz is a sexist and was mocking giselle and her brazilian/german accent and i have heard no outrage about that.

WEEI is dragging Boston's reputation down? That's a prime ESPN style hot take.

THEY mocked Brady's 5 year old kid? No, a part-time on air guy whose claim to fame on radio is talking about glory-holing in Montreal bathhouses mocked Brady's kid. Everyone else on WEEI ripped him for it, and he'll likely never be allowed on the air again. Max Kellerman would certainly lead with, "WEEI mocked Brady's kid" though.

And is anyone really offended by Fauria's unfunny Asian voice? If you are offended, you need help. It was stupid given today's hyper-sensitive climate. It wasn't funny in any climate.

talk about overreacting. fauria was unprofessional there, but a friend of mine told me jim murray, some guy on felger/mazz is a sexist and was mocking giselle and her brazilian/german accent and i have heard no outrage about that.
The Murray bit actually is pretty funny. He's not dissing her ethnicity by imitating her accent as much as poking fun at "nagging wife syndrome." I suppose people can feel offended about pretty much anything nowadays.

You're looking for support from the Benny Hill fan? What?

Benny used to do, shall we say, less than PC impressions regularly on his show. Back before everyone became a drama queen, this was considered funny.

I'm offended on behalf of all those who can't dropkick because they're confined to wheelchairs... Change ur username, your reinforcing patriarchal cisgender ableism :rolleyes:

I get why you can't say this kind of stuff on air.

But honestly, probably 99% of this forum (including myself) says far more offensive stuff to their buddies almost every day.

So I think we need to tone down the outrage a bit. It was dumb, but nowhere near as offensive as some make it out to be.

Weei is just catering to their audience of over 55 white guys

If they were imitating an Irish, French, German, English, Italian, Russian, or Australian accent no one would bat an eye.

Go watch an All In The Family episode and lighten up.

The Murray bit actually is pretty funny. He's not dissing her ethnicity by imitating her accent as much as poking fun at "nagging wife syndrome." I suppose people can feel offended about pretty much anything nowadays.

ok, well, that was sort of my point. anyone can claim to be offended about anything, but i do think mocking someone’s wife or significant other is sort of off limits, too.

that guy would be beaten into a pulp in any other situation.

the felger/mazz spot on that station is a disgrace. all of those geeks would piss themselves if anyone one of these athletes confronted them.

And is anyone really offended by Fauria's unfunny Asian voice? If you are offended, you need help. It was stupid given today's hyper-sensitive climate. It wasn't funny in any climate.

Unfortunately, Christian Fauria is not an educated person (at least by my standards). He went to college at Colorado?

Anyway, I can certainly see some people being offended. Don Yee grew up in California and Fauria just assumes he speaks with an accent? If someone impersonated Fauria with an Italian accent, wouldn’t that be considered crazy because Fauria is an American?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back