PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Tried To Move Up From 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Woody couldn't shot gun snap. However, he was a very good center and guard. Obviously, this lack was a flaw, but not a fatal one. We got some very good play out of Woody.
I would agree of his overall play was steady. He and the guard had to play out of their true position every time they went into shotgun. Although not fatal it was frustrating

So in your reality, the difference between "dwarf" and Darelle Revis is less than 1 inch?

Yea it's always funny to see how obsessed people get over an inch of height, like it's some huge factor in anything.

They need to go look at the combine numbers for the CB group and compare the verticle jumps.. there are shorter corners who have a several inch higher vertical than CBs who are several inches taller

So that 1 inch of height ultimately won't matter if they have a comparable verticle jump... and even then, just think of how small a window the ball would have to go into for a 1 inch difference in verticle leaping ability...

98% of the time that 1 inch will not factor in at all. I only remember 1 play last year where the height of Butler caused a touchdown over someone like Gilmore in that situation, but that's because the QB made an absolutely perfect pass.

I think it was against the titans or jags in the playoffs. It's very rare to see height actually make a difference in the outcome of a play when you're only taking about a 1 or 2 inch difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye