PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We lost because Cooks was cheap shotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of WIDE open throws to WRs Brady had last night compared to most games this season was startling. The play Cooks got skulled on was as much separation as he’s had all year, maybe that’s why he was so confused.

I don’t think they would have thrown for any more yards with Cooks in, just some of the balls that went to DA/Hogan go to him. The WR corps did well.

Now, if Cooks had a decision other than “ima hurdle this dude” on that jet sweep, maybe we get a first and/or TD to change the score early.

I thought McDaniels made the proper half time adjustments, especially in light of the Cooks injury. I thought Matt Patricia was going to do the same on D.

Cooks wasn't cheap shotted, it was a perfectly legal play

Church's shot was incidental. Jenkins' definitely wasn't. That was intentional. Cooks definitely had something to do with it. He should have just taken what was there instead of dancing around the field with zero awareness of who was around him. But the offense wasn't the reason for the loss. Even without Cooks, they were still able to move the ball almost at will. Except for the strip sack, the OL played an excellent game and was able to control Philly's DL.

If the defense stop just one drive in the second half. Pats win.
Every single defensive players beside Gilmore suck so bad in that 2nd half.

Cooks' clock was cleaned because she ran around like a fecking idiot. I'll re-watch that hit more closely, but I didn't think it was a cheap shot at first glance. Cooks seemed to run into Jenkins almost as much as Jenkins ran into him, thus the impact was greater than it would've been otherwise.

And that ballerina move on 3rd/2 was a complete disgrace. Fecking clueless.
I actually hoped that Brandon Bolden would be given the ball; instead, Skippy goes cutesy, again, when all we needed was enough power to get the ball close enough for
a Brady sneak.

Last edited:
Cooks wasn't cheap shotted, it was a perfectly legal play

With all of the protection for the players, I would have thought ANY helmet-helmet hit would be a penalty. Regardless of WR or RB reasoning.

Yes, it was a legal play, but I'm just saying they should change this rule for 2018. It is very dangerous, especially blind-side hit like this.

Cooks doesn't get taken out we win...

Your supposition is intriguing. If Cooks hadn't been knocked out of the game when exactly do you think he would have started playing D and at what position? How many tackles and pick 6's did you have him penciled in for?

Since this isn't college, targeting should become a strategy. Take 15 and use the protocol to have the other team likely lose a weapon for the rest of the game.

But if you really think that anything "offense" was the reason we lost this game, I don't know what to tell you.

It is so dirty but so effective. This is a legitimate strategy I’m worried we will see more in pro sports. I am more surprised players aren’t trying to take out QBs and there is no real solution to it all. One dirty hit on a 41 year old Brady next year and the season is over. I’m worried the game is going to die one day because of concussions and injuries that lead to early retirement of NFL players due to increased awareness in long term harm.. but that’s a discussion for a different thread.

they lost because the D that played the last 12 games of the season and the first two games of the playoffs didn't show up...for some reason, without the one guy whose presence alone would remind them that "nothing is impossible."

Cooks doesn't get taken out we win, second game in a row where a piece of sh*t takes one of our guys out, against the Jags they take out Gronk, against the Eagles they take out Cooks, same exact way obvious illegal headshot, offense seem like it never fully recovered after Cooks was taken out

The offense wasn't the problem. And it wasn't a cheap shot. It was a really hard hit but not cheap.

Cooks alone we put up two more scores

Our wide receivers were the least of our problems. We did not lose because we didn't have Cooks. Danny and Hogan both played really well.

Cooks alone we put up atleast two more scores, it was a huge lost, over a 1000yrds more deep receiving yards with Brady than what Moss had, he gets atleast two P.I a game one could of led to a scoring drive on a Brady jump ball, i know a lot of People don't like Cooks but thats the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back