PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We lost because Cooks was cheap shotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eagles beat the Patriots, period. If you can’t beat a team using their back up QB you don’t deserve to win. The defense played a terrible game and they were out coached. Sh.t happens, when you play in the championship game you either get a great win or a tough loss, this time it was the tough loss.

Who cares if he's a "backup QB"? He sure played a high level throughout the playoffs and had a season where went 28:2. He won't be a backup QB any longer.

It was not illegal, but if the NFL cares about head injury, they absolutely need to change the rules so it would be. It is stupid that it is illegal if you are defenseless receiver, but if you are a runner, suddenly it is ok to clean your clock and put you into the protocol. I know this will not be a popular opinion with the old guard, but...sorry.

It was a dumb play by Cooks, who was playing like a panicked marsupial until he got knocked out.

The Patriots had three receivers with over a hundred yards, and the offense was pretty unstoppable in the second half, so honestly Cooks was sort of irrelevant.

Last edited:
Who cares if he's a "backup QB"? He sure played a high level throughout the playoffs and had a season where went 28:2. He won't be a backup QB any longer.

I think most people would agree that facing a team’s back up QB in an important game is advantage, I know I do. Foles played great and beat the odds, whether he can turn that back into a starter career remains to be seen. And if he wants to see art it won’t be in Philly, so we will see how he does with a new team, HC, and OC.

If Butler did something he wasn't suppose to then bench him Simple as that. A coach can't play favorites and expect to instill discipline..
Bench him for the Thursday night opener at Gillette, then.

Will the NFL come back and fine the guy who put the hit on Cooks? Or no because it wasn't an illegal hit? I'm confused if it was clean or not.

Will the NFL come back and fine the guy who put the hit on Cooks? Or no because it wasn't an illegal hit? I'm confused if it was clean or not.

It wasn’t illegal because he was a runner at that point. Helmet to helmet isn’t illegal on runners (otherwise there would be a penalty every other play that a back goes into the line.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News