PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mod edited title because original was major clickbait] Old story about Bill from 1995

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Jim McMahon: Bill Belichick's a "lying piece of sh-t" - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

“After training camp [Belichick] called me in and says, ‘Hey we’re gonna have to release you. We’ve got a lot of guys hurt. We need some roster spots,'” McMahon said on 850 ESPN Cleveland. “Then he said, ‘Hey no. But we really want you, we need you here.’ I said what are you telling me, Bill? He goes, ‘I want you to move here.’ If I’m gonna be here. I move my family here. They’re gonna be here for six months with me. I gotta find a hockey team for my sons. They were big into hockey at the time. So don’t screw me around. And he said ‘We’re gonna take care of you. . . . We’ll pay you to sit out.’

If true, that alone reflects a violation of the rules. Obviously, a non-player can’t be paid by a team to be available to the team whenever the team wants to sign him.

“So I called my attorney and said, ‘Can I trust this guy, he said they’re gonna pay me to sit out? He said it’s probably only gonna be one or two weeks.’ So I ended up finding a house . . . to rent, found a hockey team for my sons. So I called in the first week on a Friday to get my check and get the runaround. I’m thinking first week jitters. The second week I called in for my check, got the runaround again. I sat here for seven weeks doing nothing in Cleveland. . . . They finally signed me back Week Seven or Eight.

No matter what you can always can count on Florio to do what he does best. :D

Kliff Kingsbury, on the radio sometime in 2004-2007ish, said that the Patriots/BB put him on I/R in order to "Red Shirt" him....

Kliff Kingsbury, on the radio sometime in 2004-2007ish, said that the Patriots/BB put him on I/R in order to "Red Shirt" him....
I heard the same thing. Whatever.

I don’t even get it.

McMahon was expecting an official team paycheck while not being employed by them? I interpreted this as BB saying they’ll sign him later and account for the missed time, too, as part of the contract amount factor, which I don’t think is a violation. Shadow roster is a normal occurrence, provided there’s nothing under the table.

since it occured somewhere at the former Cleveland Browns team that went on to be moved to Baltimore becoming the Baltimore Ravens, some 25 years ago, I would punish not only BB but take the next first round pick from the Pats and sit Brady the first 4 weeks because he, for sure, knew about that violation, wait its that even a violation? :whistle: :eek:

he said, she said, who gives a damn?
the funny part is, the actual story is that BB lied not that he violated anything, he acutally didn't pay him to be available...

Please explain how this gets BB suspended? It confirms he did not give out any money.

But more importantly, what does Vince McMahon think of Bill Belichick?

Bill paid him from the secret fund meant for interns and assistant coach consultants not on other teams' payrolls.

Note: Secret fund financed by $5 gameday tap water in 8 oz Dixie cups.

Sorry if I have suspicions on Mcmahons accusations, seeing that he admitted to forgetting where he lived due to memory loss.

Perhaps chit like this is why the NFL has been after the Patriots for so long. There's a scene in The Untouchables where DeNiro says:

Now, I have done nothing to harm these people but they are angered with me, so what do they do, doctor up some income tax, for which they have no case. To speak to me like me, no, to harass a peaceful man. I pray to god if I ever had a grievance I'd have a little more self respect. One more thing, you have an all out prize fight, you wait until the fight is over, one guy is left standing. And that's how you know who won.

Kinda the same thing. Try a murderer for tax evasion because they can.

Please explain how this gets BB suspended? It confirms he did not give out any money.
Simple: He wasn't for any of the three prior fake scandals. It's on Goodell's To Do list. Owners keep up pressure. Never satisfied, even if Patriots franchise is folded and every game record is expunged from 1960. It will never be enough.

Has Jim McMahon ever really left the year 1985?
The Bears in '85 were indeed good, the best team in the regular season and deservedly favored to go all the way based heavily upon the NFC's recent domination. But the Bears were also buffoons. They lacked character (Singletary & Payton were outliers). The media adoration added heaps of pressure on them, similar to what the Mets brought upon themselves later that year in the World Series, which the Red Sox wound up blowing. He and the (enemy) world should eternally thank their stars that Berry blew it by starting Eason.

Their derisive taunt that Pats fans believe if Grogan started 'We had a chance' is typically nonsensical because it would have in fact increased our chances astronomically (no exaggeration). You can fill a page with all the consequences - all positive for us, and negative for the Bears - yes with them still a heavy favorite. Tangible and intangible advantages acquired by us, all if Berry wasn't stupid.

It's like somebody today going on about how Tom Brady had the potential to be better than Joe Montana if only somebody'd drafted him, but instead he never made an NFL team.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back