PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange.
The over/under for the Pats at Redskins game opened at 47 1/2 has now dropped to 43 1/2.
Is that reflective of TB's poor offensive performance last week or that Haskins might start.
Or maybe a compliment to the Pats D.

Pats defense/Redskins offense

It's hard to win back to back road games and we just survived a rock fight in Buffalo.

Not saying they'll lose but the game might be tougher than we expect.

Uh... no. Just, no.

Well, when I bought my ticket it was 90 degrees in the DC area. I did not anticipate it going into the 70s. I know for 1 PM games the sun ordinarily will be on the visiting sidelines. Late in the game the sun should go down, but I am not sure by how much. I went the safe route and got a seat behind the Redskins bench.

Makes sense. Yeah, the temp is supposed to drop like a stone this week, BUT the game time forecast actually has it getting warmer during the game.

I hate the sun in my face so I'm going with your plan.

I'm on Stubhub now, shopping around, and the tickets on the Redskins' sideline are markedly less expensive than on the Pats' sideline.
Game temps will start in mid 70's and be in high 60's by the end. Rain is forecast for Monday so there's the chance it moves up a day.
I'm thinking some sunshine might be a good idea? I've not sat on that side at FedEx before - is it blinding late in the game?

The difference in price is dramatic. I like to be behind the pats bench only to take more interesting photos of our players. I have sat here before and I didn’t find the sun blinding or anything. I wore a baseball cap though.

Loving this schedule.

The Pats have had the easiest opponents of all the AFC teams (.267, 4-11 record) and are tied for 2nd with Seattle for the entire NYFL. The 49ers lead all teams (.250, 3-9).

Had great seats last night for the Nationals' come from behind win. It reminded me of the unique joy that comes to the fans of a team that everyone expects to lose. Nats stadium last night was out of its mind.

And...there were comments about how bad the Redskins are throughout the game, at the entry lines, in the stands, at the concessions, at the urinals...

This town is disgusted by their football team and wants the entire thing blown up, from owner to cheerleaders.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water ...

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 8.12.18 AM.png

Is that a joke?

I know it’s still early but what was Oakland thinking with Ferrell at 4?
The thing that really sux is Ferrell is a vg prospect/player. Picking him that early is almost unfair. Im sure hes not complaining abt the checks but you put a ton of pressure of him.

Basically the same spot as Chubb, give or take I believe. Chubb was a low-key DPOY in his rookie year. His stats were very comparable to Macks that season. Unbelievable year for any rookie.

I liked all their picks but just thought Jacobs & Ferrell were taken a bit too early. Way too early in Ferrells case.

This defense would destroy Haskins IMO. I bet they start Keenum or throw a curveball and start Colt McCoy. BB has a pretty good record in 20 years against rookie qbs making their first start. the only ones who gave us problems were Colt McCoy, Sanchez and Russell Wilson. Other have not fared so well like Andrew Luck and Vince Young. Haskins struggled in the preseason against second stringers and did pretty bad against the Giants last week, So they would be foolish to start him.

Last edited:
At work so really can't go crazy but watching Washington last night a few things stood out.

Communication issues. Glaring issues. Mostly LBs. After a while you begin to get a feel for what sort of thing players might be talking abt. Motion, audible etc

This wasn't that. Guys were telling each other where to line up. Noticeably frustrated. Nothing was tight, guys were giving up space, lanes by themselves. At times it was a mess.

Big trouble covering the flat/RBs. Giants didnt exploit it as much as they could of but Wash had real trouble. Honestly there were a few times nobody was even there. A few plays Giants had that & mof open but didnt connect. Just leaving levels uncovered or open empty spots. I'll try to post a few clips after work if I can.

Honestly I expect a much better showing this week for the simple fact that players/coaches (Manusky) might be gone w another performance like that.

I was reading abt their defense yest & saw a crazy stat. Can't find that piece but heres a tweet saying the exact same thing. This is insane.

I watched the Skins play on MNF against the Bears 2 weeks ago. My impressions:

a.) The Skins started to move the ball better in the second half, but Keenum just killed them with a stupid reach over sneak on 4th down all because ADP couldn't pick up a single yard.

b.) The Skins CANNOT run the ball against our defense. The only real threat is Chris Thompson in the flat, IMO.

c.) They will not have Vernon Davis nor Jordan Reed...so no worries for Pat Chung this week and he can cheat elsewhere.

d.) Terry McLaurin and the Quinn kid need to be shut down....not a problem for Gilmore & Co. Paul Richardson needs to be covered too and he is some good.

e.) The Skins have some players on D though in Ryan Kerrigan, Monte Sweat, and Josh Norman.... but if there is an opponent we can run on...it's this team...they rank 29th in yards allowed on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes