PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind them? There are like 4 players who were there that day and still on the roster. It’s not like it happened last season.

It is a nice example of how a crappy team can beat a good team.

Tom Brady Gives Uninspiring Assessment Of Patriots' Young Receivers — NESN

Brady channeling his inner Kyrie. This is at least the second time he has voiced his displeasure with his receiver choices publicly this season. I'm sure he has voiced similar sentiments in private in the past but this is not like him. Not a good look, in my opinion. Does anyone remember him complaining publicly in 2006 or in 2013? His skill position players were much worse during those years.

I get that Brady feels more urgency because he is essentially on a one year deal but what is the upside of voicing displeasure to the press? ***** to a Kraft and BB, fine. BB gave you perhaps the top WR in the league but it didn't work out.

In my mind there's no reason that Meyers can't be as valuable by the end of the season as Mitchell was....so work with him after practice, try to get him up to speed, make up for some of the time that was lost when you were sitting at home in your 38, I mean $33 million Brookline mansion instead of driving to Foxboro in your free Aston Martin to be with your teammates for OTAs. Meyers was open every route, it seemed, with Stidham during the preseason, so maybe don't try to throw the blame at him very time you don't connect.

And while you're at it, trying to figure out how to get on the same page with Gordon. With his toughness, athleticism and route running, they should be connecting far more often. Figure it out, get done with what you have. Stop moping and stop making excuses when the offense sputters. Your coach never does. Ever.

"Our program is built on competition and working hard and not built on excuses.”

Not for me it is PJ!

First Patriots game I will be attending anywhere since my birthday on November 17th...1991!

Naturally the Pats lost that day...to the Jete, darnit...I didn't have the strength to go to another game for the rest of that season, and I then moved to Dallas TX the following January...

We'll be in section 328, row 19...obvious nose-bleed seats, but we hope to be sitting closer - much closer - with other Pats fans by the start of the 4th quarter.
I hope that my post wasn’t misinterpreted... Every Pats game is worth getting excited for. I just feel like this one has kind have been ignored somehow. Terrible NFC opponent, ...

I hope that you have a great time and that the game has an awesome results for all of us. Hopefully Pats are + 10 at halftime.

I’ll be thinking of you during the game my friend!

Yep, I've never been inside Gillette Stadium for anything, so even FedEx Field should look wonderful...though I do miss the old days of caravanning to Sullivan Stadium after meeting everyone else at the parking lot across from the Erie Pub at Adams Corner in Dorchester...man I thought that Greg McMurtry would be the real deal...
Don't feel bad so did the Red Sox when they drafted Greg in the 1st round.

It’s a trap!!

It’s a trap!!

Could be, but I doubt it. After last week's feeble offensive showing against a superior Buffalo defense, I expect the Patriots to come out firing on all cylinders. There are posts on the board about Brady not being on the same page with Meyers. I anticipate that this will be a breakout game for Meyers against a poor pass defense.

I hope that my post wasn’t misinterpreted... Every Pats game is worth getting excited for. I just feel like this one has kind have been ignored somehow. Terrible NFC opponent, ...

I hope that you have a great time and that the game has an awesome results for all of us. Hopefully Pats are + 10 at halftime.

I’ll be thinking of you during the game my friend!
Thanks, and I smell what you're cooking regarding the normal pre-game excitement level of a matchup such as this one...The Deadskins are out-of-conference and have nothing going for them, and the Pats offense doesn't bring the star-studded buzz into town like they usually do...one of those "just win baby and let's get out of here without any injuries" games...

If things go as well as I think they could go on Sunday, then we'll head to the lower sections during the 4th quarter, where the TV cameras are...I'll be the one wearing my Stokoe the Clown tee shirt, a favorite of the HCs of both the Detroit Lions and the New Orleans Saints...

Brady channeling his inner Kyrie. This is at least the second time he has voiced his displeasure with his receiver choices publicly this season. I'm sure he has voiced similar sentiments in private in the past but this is not like him. Not a good look, in my opinion. Does anyone remember him complaining publicly in 2006 or in 2013? His skill position players were much worse during those years.

I get that Brady feels more urgency because he is essentially on a one year deal but what is the upside of voicing displeasure to the press? ***** to a Kraft and BB, fine. BB gave you perhaps the top WR in the league but it didn't work out.

You could probably find something equally bad or worse from every veteran QB who has ever played an extended time in the NFL.

In my mind there's no reason that Meyers can't be as valuable by the end of the season as Mitchell was....so work with him after practice, try to get him up to speed, make up for some of the time that was lost when you were sitting at home in your 38, I mean $33 million Brookline mansion instead of driving to Foxboro in your free Aston Martin to be with your teammates for OTAs. Meyers was open every route, it seemed, with Stidham during the preseason, so maybe don't try to throw the blame at him very time you don't connect.

And while you're at it, trying to figure out how to get on the same page with Gordon. With his toughness, athleticism and route running, they should be connecting far more often. Figure it out, get done with what you have. Stop moping and stop making excuses when the offense sputters. Your coach never does. Ever.

"Our program is built on competition and working hard and not built on excuses.”

I don't think he said anything all that bad. I certainly wouldn't compare it to Kyrie. Yes, maybe he shouldn't have said some of the things he did. But it isn't like he threw any of those guys under the bus. Here is probably the worst thing he said.

("We’ve had a lot of young players over the years try to come into our offense,” Brady said on WEEI. “It’s a challenging position, because there’s a lot that’s put on receivers. Young players, it’s hard to count on (them). There’s not a lot of young players who have had major contributions in our offense. That’s just the reality of that position. )

Should he have said this? Probably not. But let's not blow it up to make it a bigger deal than it is either. It is only so odd because it is Brady and he's usually so perfect about not giving any sign of displeasure to the press about these things.

You could probably find something equally bad or much worse from every veteran QB who has ever played in the NFL just about.

I don't think he said anything all that bad. I certainly wouldn't compare it to Kyrie. Yes, maybe he shouldn't have said some of the things he did. But it isn't like he threw any of those guys under the bus. Here is probably the worst thing he said.

("We’ve had a lot of young players over the years try to come into our offense,” Brady said on WEEI. “It’s a challenging position, because there’s a lot that’s put on receivers. Young players, it’s hard to count on (them). There’s not a lot of young players who have had major contributions in our offense. That’s just the reality of that position. )

Should he have said this? Probably not. But let's not blow it up to make it a bigger deal than it is either. It is only so odd because it is Brady and he's usually so perfect about not giving any sign of displeasure to the press about these things.

You could probably find something equally bad or much worse from every veteran QB who has ever played in the NFL just about.
It means that there is no depth at WR.

I think the reality is just that Gunner is a JAG at WR and Meyers probably isn't very good either.

Both are UDFA. Of course they will struggle.

I get the *****ing personally.

Kraft took away your best receiver. Gronk retired. Gordon is not up to speed.

The receiver you were very much looking forward to connecting with is missing the first half of the season and returning in week 9.

Things will get better as the season goes on.

The Redskins some real talent on the Dline and the Pats are playing with a make shift Oline.

No NFL game is ever easy. I would be shocked if the Pats lost, be I wouldn't be shocked if it was a close game.

Tom is whining and I don't think it's particularly constructive.

The Redskins some real talent on the Dline and the Pats are playing with a make shift Oline.

No NFL game is ever easy. I would be shocked if the Pats lost, be I wouldn't be shocked if it was a close game.
Agree.

27-10, 27-13 type game is what I'm thinking. Maybe they hit 30 as Skins D is awful.

I really doubt that. Colt McCoy is not in game shape. This would be his first real game since he broke his leg, and it's his plant leg on top of that.

IMO, Gruden is throwing McCoy in as a FU to Snyder who wants Haskins to start. Gruden knows (probably is hoping) that he will be fired on Monday.

I really doubt that. Colt McCoy is not in game shape. This would be his first real game since he broke his leg, and it's his plant leg on top of that.

IMO, Gruden is throwing McCoy in as a FU to Snyder who wants Haskins to start. Gruden knows (probably is hoping) that he will be fired on Monday.
I think we see a good effort from them. Players & coaches have been getting killed all week. One would think some sort of pride & professionalism would emerge but I dont think they have the will to survive any type of comeback. Or pull out a miracle.

Also I think its absolutely knee slapping hilarious that Colt is starting! Honestly funny sh¡t.

Gruden's having a rough week. Winless against NE. Might not have a family or job on Monday.

Maybe I'm insensitive but it's sounds to me like standard stuff to say that in the Patriots offense, new receivers often struggle and it's going to take some time. This has literally been said hundreds of times and the results on the field show the truth of this. Nothing to see here...

The key to this game is our offensive line. If they do play better than last week, it could a rough day for us. They have to give Brady some time to throw and they have to get some push in the running game.

The defense should be fine.

Surely you jest? :confused:

giphy.gif

(didn't want the setup to go unappreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes