PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Heat and Jimmy Butler.

The bipolar nature of this team is infuriating.
This.

One minute they look like the best team in the league.

The next a bunch of front-running, soft, dysfunctional stat-chasers with a coach who has a deer-in-the-headlights look about him.

This.

One minute they look like the best team in the league.

The next a bunch of front-running, soft, dysfunctional stat-chasers with a coach who has a deer-in-the-headlights look about him.

Agreed. Maybe they can play two more good games?

Agreed. Maybe they can play two more good games?
I wouldn't be surprised with either outcome. Win by 20. Lose by 20. Blown 4th qtr lead.

Maybe winning a tight game I think is the most unlikely outcome.

We missed Vincent badly last night and since he’s gone down with the ankle. The C’s have a good opportunity now with the guards we have on the shelf. You guys also have momentum.

Wouldn’t that be some ****? The City of Boston’s major sports teams would own some of the most epic comebacks of all time. ‘04 Red Sox, ‘16 Patriots, and maybe the 2022-2023 Celtics.
C's have momentum. Vincent probably out for y'all. Brogdon may be out for us.
Pressure is now on Miami.
That being said, if the Celtics don't bring the same intensity they had last night,especially defensively, they will lose.
They're the better team but they'll still lose if they don't bring it. That really goes for all games in both Conference finals and the nba finals.
Really not sure which Celtics team shows up tomorrow night

It’s amazing how much more “intensity” teams play with, and how the coaching is suddenly superior and made the adjustments, when a team is hitting north of 40% 3-pointers versus when they’re shooting south of 30%.

C's have momentum. Vincent probably out for y'all. Brogdon may be out for us.
Pressure is now on Miami.
That being said, if the Celtics don't bring the same intensity they had last night,especially defensively, they will lose.
They're the better team but they'll still lose if they don't bring it. That really goes for all games in both Conference finals and the nba finals.
Really not sure which Celtics team shows up tomorrow night
Yeah, Game 6 in Miami is basically a must-win for both teams. Our buttholes are puckering up and the last thing the Heat want is to have to go back to the GAHHHHDEN for Game 7. That defensive pressure is creating a ton of turnovers. Can’t win a game, much less a series, when that happens.

@One-If-By-Sea you should have said that was a prediction first and then a joke if the C’s end up losing. ****in’ rookie.

No no no. Your are not an experienced PatsFans poster. On PatsFans it is customary to change on the fly. You can pretend the post is a joke one day, and the next day you can pretend the post was serious. If it turns out the post was really a joke all along, then you write a long post about TB versus BB and tag Wozzy, All3Phases, patfanken, crawhammer, SHOWTIME15, rainmaker, and DaBruinz, and the whole thread is spammed out of existence so no-one remembers.

****in' Gen Z loser, I have kids older than you. I will let you suck me later.

Last edited:
Average AL needs to drink some shooting elixer.

It’s amazing how much more “intensity” teams play with, and how the coaching is suddenly superior and made the adjustments, when a team is hitting north of 40% 3-pointers versus when they’re shooting south of 30%.
Yep, it's a pretty simple game in a lot of ways.

I do think it's all related though, a team playing with defensive intensity, moving the ball around, getting shots in rhythm, is a different animal than a lethargic, disjointed team walking it up and chucking threes.

I don't know how to turn that into a statistical analysis though.

Devil's advocate: when you play with more intensity and superior strategy you're likely to end up taking more open and better shots than the other team, thus sinking a higher percentage.

Huge game tonite!
Glad the team finally showed up.
Let's hope they can match Miami's 1st half intensity.
At least they made a series of it.

Just saw Brogdon is out tonight. Just great. More opportunities now for Smart to commit his jackass turnovers and critical mistakes at critical times.

Just saw Brogdon is out tonight. Just great. More opportunities now for Smart to commit his jackass turnovers and critical mistakes at critical times.
So far it looks like Smart is trying to carry the team on his back, straight to the offseason. WTF was that pass straight out of bounds, and a 45 foot 3 point try.

The Heat need to keep feeding Martin the ball. Outside of Tatum and Brown, the Boston offense isn’t doing much. Your defense is very active, though. Going to be a gritty game.

If the 3’s are falling against the zone, it’s a matter of time before they go back to man-to-man and Butler gets some good looks. Keep it up, boys. This series can’t go back to Boston.

The Heat need to keep feeding Martin the ball. Outside of Tatum and Brown, the Boston offense isn’t doing much. Your defense is very active, though. Going to be a gritty game.
Martin has been balling. I'm hoping the 60% 3-pointers for the Heat don't keep up. Both teams are playing some mad defense.

Lowry is so washed. I hate seeing him on the court now. I wish Herro was healthy so we could keep Lowry on the bench.

hope Buckets and Bam are OK. Don't want any excuses

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back