PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Billdos

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady throws 2 TD's in Buffalo he will surpass Ryan Fitzpatrick and will have thrown the most TD's in Buffalo since 2000.

A break down of the Bills defense.

DL - Murphy generally is a pretty good player, but since his transition to more of a DE role in Buffalo he hasn't been doing as well. Also I wonder how much his injury in 17' might have taken from him. Shaq Lawson is a player I expect to give the Patriots some trouble with on the edge more so than Murphy. With Harrison Phillips down Lotulelei should see more time. He's merely okay. Ed Oliver seems to be doing fine so far, the rookie isn't too scary yet. Jordan Phillips will see more time, but he isn't anything special Of course the big name right now on this unit is Jerry Hughes. Overall though without H.P. this line isn't looking as worry. Still pretty good. More built around the edge than middle. Something the Pats traditionally do better against.

LB - Lorenzo Alexander is now 36 years old. You need to wonder how much he has left. He was pretty damn good last year. Edmunds is now in his 2nd year and it is time to see if the athletic freak can get it done. So far, pretty good results. IDK if I would call him elite though. Milano rounds out the starters. Another good player in that unit. The backups aren't seeing. A very solid unit. Usually it is only 2 LBs on the field with Alexander as the 3rd option. FYI Edmunds and Milano play every snap.

CB - White and Wallace will be out there every down. White was the rookie sensation of 17' but hasn't lived up to that billing sense. He's been fine but not elite. I imagine part of his game was figured out and he has yet to adjust. If this year is any indication I don't think he has adjusted to it yet. Wallace was kind of like the White of 18'. So far this year he has yet to find the same success. Still pretty good. If healthy Taron Johnson is the #3. If not Kevin Johnson is. Taron had a good rookie year last year and is the better option to go if healthy. Kevin pretty much sucks.

S - Hyde and Poyer play every snap here. Hyde is the better of the two but Poyer is very good in his own right. This is the best unit on their team and arguably the best safety tandem in the NFL right now. Neal comes in now and then as needed. While he is graded and thought of well when I watch him I find myself not impressed. Poyer and Hyde make his job too easy and he feast on cupcake match ups.

Overall a strong unit. I think their CBs are a tad overrated and that is covered up by the safeties a bit. As for their pass rush it isn't as fearsome as i thought looking at it from a personnel standpoint. I think that has been overrated. They've faced some really bad offensive lines and haven't even taken advantage of them really. 2 of their 7 sacks are from DBs. The fact they need to scheme up pressure to do with lines like those is interesting to me. BTW 4 of them came vs the Jets in week 1. So it hasn't really been consistent.

A break down of the Bills defense.

DL - Murphy generally is a pretty good player, but since his transition to more of a DE role in Buffalo he hasn't been doing as well. Also I wonder how much his injury in 17' might have taken from him. Shaq Lawson is a player I expect to give the Patriots some trouble with on the edge more so than Murphy. With Harrison Phillips down Lotulelei should see more time. He's merely okay. Ed Oliver seems to be doing fine so far, the rookie isn't too scary yet. Jordan Phillips will see more time, but he isn't anything special Of course the big name right now on this unit is Jerry Hughes. Overall though without H.P. this line isn't looking as worry. Still pretty good. More built around the edge than middle. Something the Pats traditionally do better against.

Funny how Bills fans think their D is other way around stronger up the Gut. They keep saying they wish they had another DE like Hughes. They think their D is another Good DE away.

Funny how Bills fans think their D is other way around stronger up the Gut. They keep saying they wish they had another DE like Hughes. They think their D is another Good DE away.

You lost me at "...Bills fans think..."

I’m glad this game is on the road. Not only are they getting a road game over with, but it makes it more interesting facing a team that is undefeated.

I'm just hoping that the allure of two 3-0 teams facing off will be the deciding factor on which CBS game is shown in Myrtle Beach.

The Giants number is what blows me away
Got the Dallas and Tampa games out of the way. Host Arizona and Miami. Farthest road game left is Chicago. Must be nice.

Regards,
Chris

I think the defense will be once again fired up. If they prevent any touchdowns this game, they will be the first team to ever shut out opponents in four straight games, as far as touchdowns. That's never been done in the NFL, and no, last century doesn't count.

Last edited:
I think the defense will be once again fired up. If they pitch another shutdown this game, they will be the first team to ever shut out opponents in four straight games. That's never been done in the NFL, and no, last century doesn't count.
they didn't shutout the Steelers

It said 11th when I looked it up, but stats may not have been updated to include all games that were played yesterday when I did.

Official NFL rankings are by yards, not points. Perhaps that was what you were looking at. The 18th ranking is based on points.

I'm just hoping that the allure of two 3-0 teams facing off will be the deciding factor on which CBS game is shown in Myrtle Beach.
Yeah I'm not far away. Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach.
Stream sucked last week. Ended up at sports bar. Though that had its merits as a few Jets fans sat near me. Comical.
The 2 tds they got were like them winning the SB.
Can't blame em. Those are probably their season highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back