PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Billdos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early thoughts on the Bills

QB - Allen is the kind of QB that can give the Pats an issue because he's so boom or bust. That's how a non-elite QB/offense has to play us to score right now. Throw it deep. Toss it into double coverage. Aim for big PI plays. The Jets, Dolphins and Steelers were too scared to even try. Allen won't be. More likely than not it blows up in his face, but it will give them a chance to manufacture some points.

WR/TE - They have some decent weapons. Not great but decent. Beasley is the type of guy our D hasn't had to face much of yet, John Brown has truly elite speed and will be hard to play 1v1. Knox had a break out game today, we will see if he can repeat. Overall they offer some interesting challenges our D hasn't had to face yet match up wise. The talent isn't at a high level but the mix of options they have is pretty extensive.

RB - They don't have that RB who can catch which is good news. Not that it has worked against the Pats this year. They do have a good stable of backs and a solid run blocking OL. They haven't really had a bad running game at any point this year. That being said this is the kind of straight ahead no nonsense run game that the Pats routinely shut down.

OL - (edited with more detail) Good in run blocking. So-so/poor pass blocking. Dawkins at LT is okay, large and has been with the team for 3 years. Spain is a FA LG. A big guard and one of the better run blockers in the NFL not long ago. Mitch Morse at C is another FA. One of the better all around centers (particularly pass blocking). Jon Feliciano is another FA. The big guard is nursing a neck injury he suffered against the Bengals. Something to monitor. If he can't go Spencer Long (FA) will come in as his back up. He isn't usually good but has put it together for short periods of time. At RT the rookie Cody Ford and FA Ty Nsekhe. Nsekhe is also the back up swing tackle. Right now it seems like a time split situation is going on with both playing about half the game. Ford is struggling in his rookie year with Ty not looking much better.

Clearly this unit has a lot of moving pieces. Nearly everyone on this unit is new to the team and has to learn to play together. Add in an injury and it becomes even more dicey

Defense - I don't feel the need to break this down. It's good. Maybe I'll get into it tomorrow.

Last edited:
And, we are 11th in the league, so that would tell me we are average knocking on above average.

Where are you getting that from? They are 18th in points per game

Screenshot-20190923-064817-Chrome.jpg

The Bills are a few plays away from potentially being 1-2 and much of their offensive success so far is off of broken plays. Josh Allen is still a below average QB at this point in his career and the Bills are not exactly loaded with weapons. That said, they have a very strong defense and with the Pats thin at OL, TE and WR it is quite possible that this game is dogfight. With the way the Pats defense is playing I think it will be very hard for the Bills to move the ball consistently. Their best chance will be big plays.

I don't blame Bills fans one bit for feeling confident and excited about this game. Regardless of history, if you're not going to get excited about being 3-0 and hosting your most hated division rival, then I question why you're even watching football.

As for the game, I just think our D is playing too well right now. BUT, if we give up a ST touchdown and a pick 6 in this one, we're probably not getting away with it. Unlikely in back to back weeks, but still, that's why they play the games. I don't see us losing if all the scoring is straight up though.

A reminder to hit the mute button once the game starts. Butthurt Fouts is back.
Yep. Soon the string of games not on at 1PM starts and hopefully we will be done with them till end of December.

True, but the difference between us and BUF is that we’re...well, the Patriots.
Well the real difference is that we have epically dominated and blown out 3 opponents while the bills squeaked by in 2 of the 3.

Well the real difference is that we have epically dominated and blown out 3 opponents while the bills squeaked by in 2 of the 3.
Squeaked is being nice imo. NYJ/Cincinnati choked both games away.

Cincinnati choked

That was just a game of choking

jills go up 14-0
bungles score on 3 straight possessions to make it 17-14
jills get the ball back with a little under 5 minutes. all bungles have to do is make a stop and then run some clock, instead they give up a 50 yard play that sets the jills up in the redzone and they end up scoring
bungles then drive and throw a pick in the redzone to end the game.

at 2 points in the game
-they traded fumbles on back to back drives
-they traded interceptions on back to back drives

I see a decent amount of pearl clutching about how the Pats can't play like they did yesterday which means they obviously haven't seen much of the jills this year, namely that game yesterday. bungles had coughed it up 3 times and still were in the lead with a few minutes to go

Last edited:
Most Bills fans on Twitter already with the

"Pats have played no one and Bills got better. Bills 28 Pats 20"

Even if the Pats haven't played anybody...they have a better roster..team and coach. And they haven't played anyone either.

I'll never get it but it's their SB that's for sure. IF Bills somehow find a way to win..you know what will happen. Bills will take AFC East (Media) Then will go 2-5 and be out of it.

Every team that beast the Pats..Lions..Jags last year..Pitt...always slides completely downhill. Bills winning this might be worse in the long run based on that history alone

I just wanna see a running game against the bills. Be balance and set up play-action. Might have to keep a spy on allen as well. Moves pretty well.

Great another week of chicken littles terrified at the big bad Bills. Jesus grow a set. How the **** do you people get thru daily life?
So, the Pats are unbeatable?
I, personally, think we win.

But, come on, any given Sunday.
A fumble here, a bounce there... 5h!t happens!
We saw what happened in the Jete game.

I have no problem with people having a differing opinion.
The O line is thin, a few WR's banged up, on the road....

But, in closing, the Pats win.;)

Minus Edelman our WR situation would really push our Dept. Gunner should be getting some quality reps in Practice this week with our Ones. Need TE Matt LaCosse to take some heat off our WR's if Edelman is out LaCosse was Inactive against the Jets. Finally we are playing a real Team next Sunday this one will not be easy especially on the Road. IF we Blow em out! more power to us.

The 3 teams the Jills have played are a shanked field goal away from being winless, just like the Pats opponents.

The -7 spread tells us the sharps think Gostkowski will be perfect on extra points this week.

Last edited:
Great another week of chicken littles terrified at the big bad Bills. Jesus grow a set. How the **** do you people get thru daily life?
Bill always takes every opponent seriously.

The Bills look better than they have in a very long time. They're worth taking seriously until they prove otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST