PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson to Dolphins?

Thank God that BB, the Pats coaches and the Pats players don’t share the defeatist attitude of some the posters here, who are already raising the white flag on the season, in terms of competing for the AFC East title.

1630182581379.gif

With the additions on both sides of the ball, I fully expect them to be in the mix, even if Watson goes to the Fins.

This (Watson to the Phins) makes no sense. the Phins just spent a lot of draft capital on Tua. He has only played a handful of games. Granted everything else aside, Watson is a better QB at this point and probably for a while. But unless they send Tua back to the Texans and maybe a first rd pick. Then both teams would have a week to get their starting QB up to speed.

trading Watson now is a tough sell. Who knows if he is even going to be allowed to play at all.

I think the Texans have to hang onto Watson until
All of this is settled. Watch as soon as they dress him, he will get put on the exempt list.

This (Watson to the Phins) makes no sense. the Phins just spent a lot of draft capital on Tua. He has only played a handful of games. Granted everything else aside, Watson is a better QB at this point and probably for a while. But unless they send Tua back to the Texans and maybe a first rd pick. Then both teams would have a week to get their starting QB up to speed.

trading Watson now is a tough sell. Who knows if he is even going to be allowed to play at all.

All of this is settled. Watch as soon as they dress him, he will get put on the exempt list.
The Texans can trade Watson away, get a draft haul, and take the #1 QB in next year's draft.
The Dolphins can get a 2nd tier QB who was trending towards being 1st tier.

How does that not make sense?

Somewhere out there goddell watching this situation.

Houston getting Tua is key here. They need a Qb in return.

The Texans can trade Watson away, get a draft haul, and take the #1 QB in next year's draft.
The Dolphins can get a 2nd tier QB who was trending towards being 1st tier.

How does that not make sense?

I don’t think watson is playing this season.

Allen had two bad years and one good year. He MIGHT have a decade of great football. I also might have just had his only great year. Early still. Jackson was unstoppable for BAL.. until he wasn’t.

Watson, imo, has a loooong road ahead of him. His future is uncertain as well.

One good year this is getting embarrassing man. The dude was the mvp last year I don’t care if the brainwashed media gave it to let me pad my stats Rodgers last year. Like it or not Allen is a top 5 QB

Good afternoon Cousins,
Great Saturday breakfast of sharp cheddar cheese scrambled with home fries and a chocolate filled croissant, with orange juice and coffee.

Dolphins? Panthers? Keep your eye on the Vikings. Cousins is out in 2022.
Block Buster: Send him to the Texans with WR Adam Thielin, two first Rounders 2022, 2023 and a third 2023 and you might get a deal done. Three firsts and two seconds with a "definite maybe" in legal woes seems like a "no".
I don't think Nick C. sees Tua or Darnold as a future Texans QB. Cousins is better than both and has led the Vikes to the playoffs.

I don't think Watson brings two threes and three ones with his problems. The Vikes till have Justin Jefferson and TE Irv Smith as pieces for Watson. The fact that Watson has yet to be charged speaks volumes. Suspend him for a few games in Minn. to appease the wokes.
DW Toys

Ok, now we KNOW this story is planted by the Texans.

WTF would pay that for a guy who could be in the slammer this time next year?

If MIA is worried about QB they should have offered up a 4th for Minshew as insurance for Tua and keep the three 1sts and two 2nds for themselves.

One good year this is getting embarrassing man. The dude was the mvp last year I don’t care if the brainwashed media gave it to let me pad my stats Rodgers last year. Like it or not Allen is a top 5 QB
He had one good year in his career to date. Yes.

RGIII, Nick Foles also had one good year. It happens. Not sure how to respond to “like it or not”. I concede that he might be an excellent player. I’m not certain yet.

Agreed. Not only has Tua played only a handful of games, but last year he had almost no off season to learn the offense because of COVID and was coming off a very serious injury (career ending injury for most players). This guy was considered an amazing talent in college, finally seems completely healthy, and has really looked like a different player in the pre-season. Given the special circumstances last year, trading him now would almost be like trading a highly drafted rookie QB before the team even knows what they have (someone like Zac Wilson). I would argue that if Miami was anywhere close to giving up on Tua they would simply have drafted a QB last year with the #3 overall.

Making this type of trade if Tua sucks for another year or two might be more understandable, but this sounds crazy for Miami, who knows when (and maybe even if) Watson will play again. I know that teams can do dumb things (Exhibit A: Bill O'Brien Texans), but this seems beyond dumb for Miami. The source for this rumor has to be Watson's agent or the Texans, especially with all of the first round draft choices that are supposed to be going to the Texans.

Well, some may not agree, but if Miami sends Tua and 3 #1 draft choices (plus extra draft compensation) for Watson IMHO I think we Patsfans should be doing a happy dance.

Last edited:
Ok, now we KNOW this story is planted by the Texans.

WTF would pay that for a guy who could be in the slammer this time next year?

If MIA is worried about QB they should have offered up a 4th for Minshew as insurance for Tua and keep the three 1sts and two 2nds for themselves.
Agreed. If someone pays that price, I’ll be shocked.

That throw Allen just made in the game today should be illegal.
Loved Allen coming out fo the draft.
I was way off in that draft as far as who I thought was gonna be good. I thought Rosen had the best mechanics, I thought Darnold had the most upside, I thought Mayfield was the most NFL ready, and Allen the one who needed the most time to be ready because he was so raw. He was so inaccurate.

Shows how bad I was at predicting that draft, that I should be on the Pat’s draft squad.

Good afternoon Cousins,
Great Saturday breakfast of sharp cheddar cheese scrambled with home fries and a chocolate filled croissant, with orange juice and coffee.

Dolphins? Panthers? Keep your eye on the Vikings. Cousins is out in 2022.
Block Buster: Send him to the Texans with WR Adam Thielin, two first Rounders 2022, 2023 and a third 2023 and you might get a deal done. Three firsts and two seconds with a "definite maybe" in legal woes seems like a "no".
I don't think Nick C. sees Tua or Darnold as a future Texans QB. Cousins is better than both and has led the Vikes to the playoffs.

I don't think Watson brings two threes and three ones with his problems. The Vikes till have Justin Jefferson and TE Irv Smith as pieces for Watson. The fact that Watson has yet to be charged speaks volumes. Suspend him for a few games in Minn. to appease the wokes.
DW Toys
Agreed that other teams like the Vikings or Panthers (or maybe even the Broncos, Saints or Colts) without a long term QB option would seem to be more eager for a Watson trade. I suspect these "Watson to the Dolphins" rumors are because: i) Miami has lot more to return (Tua plus a bunch of extra first rounders) that Houston would want; and ii) just maybe Miami looks like an attractive landing spot to Watson and his agent, they have quite a bit of recently drafted talent so someone like Watson would still have plenty of talent to work with (especially compared to the Texans) even if Miami gave away some future 1sts (and Tua).

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back