PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waters' Locker Cleaned Out (Update: Reports Nameplate Taken Down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm insulted that you did not find me insulting enough:)

I just feel bad for you that you cannot see that in reality your just exploiting your poor social skills and immaturity for all to see.

If you want to continue to do so by commenting my threads with nonsense be my guest I just think it would suit you better to present yourself in a better manner not only in here but in all aspects of your life.

Water's will be a Patriot very soon. Either tomorrow (after labor day weekend) or possibly week 2.

Water's silence. BB's silence (despite BB being BB). Water's still being on the reserve/future's contract list.

Nothing else makes sense.

EDIT: This really is playing out like it's a way of keeping an extra man on the roster and as a way of helping someone clear waivers when its done after other teams have finalized their rosters.

Last edited:
It's doubtful he's seeing any money at this point anyway, if he's not reporting, he's not getting paid. They could fine him so he'd have to pay back money if traded or as a condition of being released.

Yeah I know he isn't earning but right now we seem to be letting him do whatever he wants.

He lost his #54...his Patriots future looks bleak to me :(

Last edited:
New England Patriots offensive line this off-season:

Light - retired
Gallery - retired
Koppen - released
Waters - in limbo

At least the New England Patriots offensive line will experience at youth movement this season.

New England Patriots offensive line this off-season:

Light - retired
Gallery - retired
Koppen - released
Waters - in limbo

At least the New England Patriots offensive line will experience at youth movement this season.

We only lost Waters and Light though. Gallery never took a snap and Koppen played 3 quarters last season.

Obviously Light and Waters were huge for us last year but I think we can still be solid up front. The key is Soldier and Vollmer.

So why is Waters being silent? How does that serve him or the Patriots.. at all?

Are there other examples of this kind of behavior from coach and player almost into week one?

I still say there is an "after labor day" agreement going on.

Last edited:
Water's will be a Patriot very soon. Either tomorrow (after labor day weekend) or possibly week 2.

Water's silence. BB's silence (despite BB being BB). Water's still being on the reserve/future's contract list.

Nothing else makes sense.

EDIT: This really is playing out like it's a way of keeping an extra man on the roster and as a way of helping someone clear waivers when its done after other teams have finalized their rosters.

Hightower just took his number.

Saying that Gallery retiring weakens our O line is a bit over dramatic. And losing Koppen as BBass said, isn't a huge deal at this point in his career either.

Waters returning would make a lot of issues turn to non issues, or at least far smaller issues. Solder-Mankins-Connelly-Waters-Vollmer. If Solder needs help early on you give him TE support (Fells). With Waters back in the line, our biggest area of concern on the whole team (IMO) would be Vollmer's health not having (from what we know) a solid back up in place.

According to this :

New England Patriots Want Brian Waters More Than They Say

You may be on to something but with the Texans not the Cowboys. I'll quote the pertinent part at the end, no clue to it's accuracy. If so we can't just release him and let him walk to an AFC contender. Trade, play for us, or retire.
If this story is true, trade Brian Waters to the Dallas Cowboys for at least a 2013 seventh round draft pick and be done with it.

do you understand what I said or do I need to post it again? I know that 1 extra letter could throw you off.
Just pointing out correct names on the roster.

If this was true why wouldn't the Patriots be fining Waters? I don't think they would be playing nice with a guy who wants out of town to a competitor.
This^

Even after Hightower's jersey # change, it still seems like the likely scenario is Waters coming back.

Wanting a release from your contract to go to a conference rival less than a week before the season after getting an excused absence from training camp and the preseason by telling the team you're either coming back or retiring demonstrates an unprecedented amount of dishonestly I can't remember seeing in a contract dispute. I'd go as far as to say the team would take legal action to retroactively fine him as a contract holdout this whole time if he was really trying to pull this. There are so many ways to poke holes in this rumor of him suddenly wanting to be released from his contract I can't believe anyone is buying it.

Honestly this is getting F'ing ridiculous.

Waters is really showing his true colors here. Unprofessional. Disrespectful to the fans and more importantly your TEAM.

The Pats need O-line help, pretty much their biggest (and really only...) weakness at this point. They're loaded from top to bottom and look to have a vastly improved defense and are coming off a SB appearance. The question I ask is why wouldn't you want to be back?

Look - he missed TC and all of preseason. Great. He got out of it. But now it's time to play ball. Pats are preparing for the Titans as I type this. If he's indeed still contemplating retirement then make a f'ing decision already and let the team know. All he's doing is hurting the team at this point. And yes, I know he came in late last year. But it's time to put the pedal to the metal and get the season going. Act like a professional and make a decision already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes