PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was this the greatest sporting moment you've ever witnessed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 10, 1982: Miracle on Manchester

Although a Bruins fan for life (folks were Gallery Gods), I was fortunate enough to be given a couple of prime "Forum" seats to witness the NHL Kings comeback from 5-0 to defeat the Gretzky-led Oilers in OT. Perhaps being there made the dif or just the faster pace of hockey, but seriously, as a pure sports fan minus my Boston bias, doubt I'll ever experience something that dramatic again. This was one where you really had to be there.

ALCS '04 is tough to deny or place below as I had waited for such a moment for far too long (Who hadn't?) The fact that the opponent was the Yankees, well, what more needs to be said?

Sorry, but I found the Pats 1st ring was the best and most special (14 pt. underdogs) and the 5th ring ranking just slightly after that. (Had my lucky charm, a new puppy I named "Pats," lost my voice, won a major bet, stuck it to Rams & Steeler fans and blew serious cash on SB gear. Far too many memories from the 1st.)

For me, this is in the top 3 with 04 ALCS and Istanbul. Don't like Basketball or Hockey.

I've been in person at some pretty great "soccer" games, but this is another level

In person, I witnessed SB 49 (tops) followed by Fisk's game 6 in '75..Yeah I'm that old...... As a fan watching on TV and seeing it unfold, Sunday night was tops..
Was at a party and a Cowboy fan said ( when down 16) "they need 2 TDs and 2 2 pt converions, that's 4 scores."
As each happened, I was " that's one,", "that's two" and so forth. At the beginning of overtime, we all said, it's Brady time....
Can you imagine what fans of other teams felt?? Despondent, and admission that Brady is GOAT, I see it here in Philly....( and I thank them for Rowe and Chung)
Best email I got was,
" would you mind letting other teams win once in a while?" Nope....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes