PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Matt Patricia overrated for his coaching here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned by others I always thought the Peyton Manning loss against Denver defined Patricia's weakness as a coach.

In a word, yes. If you ever thought he was anything more than adequate, you were overrating him. Flores was a better DC, and he's a better HC. I can't see looking at it any other way.

Besides his Stokoe the Clown tee-shirt (which I also have), another image of Fatt Matt I'll always remember is his face-palming during the 2016 pre-season while watching his boss' first pick of that year's draft screw up again and again...

Worst DC and maybe the worst long term coach in the BB era. And it stings a little to say that.

Patricia felt like an upgrade over Pees who seemed to run a prevent the entire game. But for me that appeal was short lived when quickly a pattern of his 4th quarter defensive strategy seemed to be "hey let's let the other team comeback so Brady can show how great he is". The Lions now have blown so many double digit leads since he's been their HC.

Flores' defense was such a breath of fresh air after Pees/Patricia. Flores' scheme always seemed to be able to dial up a pass rush that freed up a rusher in critical passing downs. You see it now with Miami's defense as well. And you see how we lack that kind of scheme now that he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back