PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel and tampering.

The timing of everything would raise suspicion. And this being the patriots, Goddell probably can't wait to punish the team even if he has zero evidence. I wonder if the best path forward may be if Vrabel can take a year off, or join the team in a different role for a year before taking over

Who cares? Vrable had a sucky record with the Titans. I'm not surprised he got fired. I'm not sure why some people here want him to be the HC. Look at his record in Tennessee.

FWIW, if NE moves on from Bill in any capacity, they can interview Vrabel immediately as he is unemployed. Today is also the first day that they can begin virtual interviews for candidates that are coordinators for teams either out of the playoffs or on a playoff bye week (so, Ravens or 49ers). If the coordinator works for a team in the playoffs this weekend then the virtual interview has to wait til middle of next week, and then if they want to do an in-person interview with any of those currently-employed folks, it has to hold til 1/22 or later.

Theoretically, I believe they can satisfy the Rooney rule requirements via virtual interviews this week and hire Vrabel after if they wanted to but I am not sure if an in-person interview is required first. If so then it means no vacancies can be filled until 1/22.

First, even if Vrabel is their guy, they have to go through a dog and pony show of an interview process to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Second, I think the divorce between Vrabel and the Titans have been a long time coming. It started even before there was a question of whether Belichick might be leaving the team this year or not. I think the Titans would have a hard time claiming that the Patriots tampered and Vrabel forced his fire because of it.
I think there is this guy, Goodell, who would hear the case.

How bad could it be?

Playing victim is part of her new collaboration of effort to run a modern and fluid enterprise with sustainable practices and whole earth language. She must feel glorious that her team is so forward thinking that journalists even feel like part of Planet Titan.

If not Harbaugh, sign me up for Vrabel and a new OC, Mcdaniels would be my choice.

Harbaugh is a far superior coach than Vrabel
Hope pats would consider him over either Vrabel or Mayo

Florio loves to try and create/manifest the narrative, rather than report on it......

Florio (for the last 3 months):

We MUST know when Kraft will fire Belichick! The Media deserves to KNOW the inner workings of the Patriots!!!! Tell us NOW!!!!

The point is that he did not quit, he was fired. If he did quit and they hired him, their claim would be that he was induced to quit via tampering - and the Titans would still hold his contract rights and would be due compensation from NE for signing him, just like Belichick and the Jets in 2000.

But they fired him and stated reasons for doing so which are wholly their own and have nothing to do with anyone else. If another team hires him later, they would have a pretty tough time claiming that their internal reasons for firing someone were somehow driven pre-firing by another team that hired him later.

If he was becoming a big problem and trying to force his way out of town then it might be a slightly different conversation because TN could claim that he became a problem because Kraft told him he wanted him in NE. But that's not the situation.
Yes I mistyped that. Meant to say he was fired.

BBs father is from the Nashville area

BBs father is from the Nashville area
BB is from Annapolis. He's got a hard core Maryland accent. I don't think he has much of a connection to Tennessee.

BB is from Annapolis. He's got a hard core Maryland accent. I don't think he has much of a connection to Tennessee.
His father was born near Nashville. He grew up in Annapolis because his father got a job at the naval academy.
Every time the patriots play at Tennessee there are stories and conversations about his roots there and the family that still lives there.

His father was born near Nashville. He grew up in Annapolis because his father got a job at the naval academy.
Every time the patriots play at Tennessee there are stories and conversations about his roots there and the family that still lives there.
Anything for a story. He's got roots there like I have roots in Quebec.

This could be the dumbest argument ever made.
Vrabel quits his job
The patriots are looking for a coach and among many others interview Vrabel.
They hire him.
Titans claim tampering? When? How? You can’t tamper with a fired coach.
It would be hard to prove but an argument could be made that when Mike Vrabel went to New England, Kraft began tampering with him there. Hardly the dumbest argument to make. Especially if the Titans came forward and said Vrabel pushed himself out so that he would become available. Most of the questions you asked were answered. Read the post next time.

There’s a little nugget at PFT right now in an article about the clock ticking on Pats and Belichick. Florio comments on how the Pats can’t make it look too obvious if Vrabel is there guy because the owner of the Titans could feel like she got bamboozled out of a coach that forced his way out to jump ship to New England. This is something that concerned me all the way back when Vrabel was in New England for his ceremony. Rumors were rampant then that the Krafts were interested in him. The whole thing just screamed drama incoming to me.

Are the Pats screwed if they hire Vrabel now? What level of proof had to be available that they tampered with a coach? What type of punishment can we expect to be leveled if there is one? If the Pats go Vrabel, it’ll be the worst kept secret in ages. A damned if they do, damned if they don’t type of situation.
It's impossible for it to be tampering. Vrabel was fired, he didn't quit.

It would be hard to prove but an argument could be made that when Mike Vrabel went to New England, Kraft began tampering with him there. Hardly the dumbest argument to make. Especially if the Titans came forward and said Vrabel pushed himself out so that he would become available. Most of the questions you asked were answered. Read the post next time.
Well you would have to prove it not just say they were in the same city once.
And they fired him. He could drop his trousers in front of the owner, and if they fire him, there can’t be tampering.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back