PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel and tampering.

It's impossible for it to be tampering. Vrabel was fired, he didn't quit.
Not if he did things to push himself out the door. Force his termination because of promises made by Kraft. That’s exactly what tampering is. Dealing with an employee of another organization while they are under contract. I’m not saying it happened. I’m just slightly worried that the stories are creeping up. Add that to the history of goondell and his cronies and how they look at the organization and I’m not interested in the drama.

Well you would have to prove it not just say they were in the same city once.
And they fired him. He could drop his trousers in front of the owner, and if they fire him, there can’t be tampering.
Explain to me how the dolphins got dinged for tampering with Brady then. What’s the difference? They talked to him while he was under contract, we let him walk. Once we let him walk the tampering charges didnt just disappear.

Explain to me how the dolphins got dinged for tampering with Brady then. What’s the difference? They talked to him while he was under contract, we let him walk. Once we let him walk the tampering charges didnt just disappear.
Brady turned down a contract because he was given guarantees by the Dolphins.
Vrabel was under contract, and he was fired.

I can't make it any more clear.

Brady turned down a contract because he was given guarantees by the Dolphins.
Vrabel was under contract, and he was fired.

I can't make it any more clear.
I think the difference we have here is that I’m saying what if Kraft made guarantees to Vrabel. Its the same situation. If it can be proven that Kraft made guarantees to Vrabel if he could get out of his contract with the Titans, that is exactly what tampering is.

I think the difference we have here is that I’m saying what if Kraft made guarantees to Vrabel. Its the same situation. If it can be proven that Kraft made guarantees to Vrabel if he could get out of his contract with the Titans, that is exactly what tampering is.
It's clear you don't know what tampering is. Vrabel was not in line to become a free agent - that is what tampering is. He was under contract for the foreseeable future. The Titans *fired* Mike Vrabel. The Patriots did not *fire* Tom Brady. His contract expired.

Who cares? Vrable had a sucky record with the Titans. I'm not surprised he got fired. I'm not sure why some people here want him to be the HC. Look at his record in Tennessee.
For all the people who bring up Belichick’s record without Tom Brady, look at Vrabel’s record with Ryan Tannehill as the best QB he’s had.

If Vrabel himself is a major part of the reason Tannehill was his best QB, that’s one thing. But they never picked a 1st round QB while they were there, and we know there was strife with him and the GMs. Just something to look into and think about.

It's clear you don't know what tampering is. Vrabel was not in line to become a free agent - that is what tampering is. He was under contract for the foreseeable future. The Titans *fired* Mike Vrabel. The Patriots did not *fire* Tom Brady. His contract expired.
You think negotiating with a coach that is under contract with another team isn’t tampering? What the hell would you call that then?

You think negotiating with a coach that is under contract with another team isn’t tampering? What the hell would you call that then?
You have proof of negotiations taking place? Negotiations that include 'make sure the owner fires you', by the way, since he's still under contract.

Not if it can be argued that behind closed doors he forced his way out. That’s what worries me. The rumors circling since the ceremony and now this.
Evidence is required, or no?

You have proof of negotiations taking place? Negotiations that include 'make sure the owner fires you', by the way, since he's still under contract.
Omfg man. No I don’t have proof. That’s what I’ve been saying all along. Read what I’m writing. How much proof is needed? What if it came out that Kraft was TAMPERING with Vrabel at the ceremony. Again, I’m not saying it happened. This is all what-if based on the drama that is starting to be kicked up. I’ve been arguing with you on what constitutes as tampering. Now you’re changing the topic. You said I dont understand what tampering is. Clearly I do. By NFL rules you cannot conduct business with an employed coach or player without ownerships permission to do so. The story started back when Vrabel came to the ceremony, then florio stirred it up, now other outlets are saying the Patriots played a factor into his termination. Someone is going to sooner or later come out with the argument he was tampered with OR it’s gonna just disappear. I’m hoping for the latter.

Evidence is required, or no?
Absolutely. Who knows what is out there though. We tried to get the easterby for tampering with nick based on an interaction at a ring ceremony. All I’m saying is what’s the difference and I hope it doesnt come down to that. It would slow everything down.

How do you prove that? Do the Pats have a Flores that'll spill the beans?

Brian Flores spilled the beans on the Brady tampering, after he was fired iirc.

There is no known direct link to the Patriots expressing a desire to replace Bill with Vrabes. Rumor yes, but nothing substantiated.

How do you prove that? Do the Pats have a Flores that'll spill the beans?
That’s what it would all have to come down to. He said she said. It’s why our pursuit of tampering with Caserio went nowhere.

That’s what it would all have to come down to. He said she said. It’s why our pursuit of tampering with Caserio went nowhere.
Just like this will go nowhere. Relax. Bill's fate is our #1 story. **** florio.

??
Tommy, Brady showed up on Ross's boat prior to the 2019 season, when he was under contract with the Patriots for another year. He was still with the Patriots. He had a year to go until free agency.

My Gawd! This place is like a poor reality show for idiots.

My Gawd! This place is like a poor reality show for idiots.
Yippee-ki-yay-mother****er! I liken it more to soaps than reality. There’s more drama, intrigue and for a while there, we even had murder!

Omfg man. No I don’t have proof. That’s what I’ve been saying all along. Read what I’m writing. How much proof is needed? What if it came out that Kraft was TAMPERING with Vrabel at the ceremony. Again, I’m not saying it happened. This is all what-if based on the drama that is starting to be kicked up. I’ve been arguing with you on what constitutes as tampering. Now you’re changing the topic. You said I dont understand what tampering is. Clearly I do. By NFL rules you cannot conduct business with an employed coach or player without ownerships permission to do so. The story started back when Vrabel came to the ceremony, then florio stirred it up, now other outlets are saying the Patriots played a factor into his termination. Someone is going to sooner or later come out with the argument he was tampered with OR it’s gonna just disappear. I’m hoping for the latter.
But "drama" doesn't mean anything. Right now all this amounts to is people saying "What if the Patriots TAMPERED??" and then other people replying saying "YEAH, what IF they did that?!" and then more people writing articles about how it would be bad if they did that.

Meanwhile there's zero evidence or anyone connected to either situation saying that anything of the sort happened. The closest we have is a reporter saying that the Titans owner had hurt feelings that he attended the HOF ceremony.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back