PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel and tampering.

Explain to me how the dolphins got dinged for tampering with Brady then. What’s the difference? They talked to him while he was under contract, we let him walk. Once we let him walk the tampering charges didnt just disappear.
They fired him. Are you trying to argue that we tampered with him while he was employed? There is nothing to support that any more than there would be to support Arizona tampered with belichick or any team tampered with any coach

But how are they harmed if they fired him? The harm from tampering is you convince the guy to leave his job. He didn’t leave he was fired

Brady was a case of actual tampering.

But "drama" doesn't mean anything. Right now all this amounts to is people saying "What if the Patriots TAMPERED??" and then other people replying saying "YEAH, what IF they did that?!" and then more people writing articles about how it would be bad if they did that.

Meanwhile there's zero evidence or anyone connected to either situation saying that anything of the sort happened. The closest we have is a reporter saying that the Titans owner had hurt feelings that he attended the HOF ceremony.
What if the raiders tampered with Andy Reid?

What if the raiders tampered with Andy Reid?
Yeah... what IF???

Now Florio just has to write an article about it.

They fired him. Are you trying to argue that we tampered with him while he was employed? There is nothing to support that any more than there would be to support Arizona tampered with belichick or any team tampered with any coach

But how are they harmed if they fired him? The harm from tampering is you convince the guy to leave his job. He didn’t leave he was fired

Brady was a case of actual tampering.
I’m not trying to argue anything. Again, please return to my OP. The debate I was having with Tommy was whether or not Kraft had made promises to Vrabel to make his way out of Tennessee would count as tampering. He was saying that isn’t tampering, I’m saying it would be tampering. Him being fired doesn’t matter if it can be proven that he had a wink/nod deal with Kraft to go coach the Patriots and in turn forced his way out. Again, I’m not saying that happened or that there is any evidence of it happening. I’m saying that I can see that drama off in the distance and if it went that route what kind of proof would be needed and what type of punishments if any would be levied. It’s similar to when we went after the Texans for tampering with Caserio. A conversation was had at a ring ceremony. If Vrabel acted in bad faith to get himself canned to jump ship to New England, it could create a **** storm.

I’m not trying to argue anything. Again, please return to my OP. The debate I was having with Tommy was whether or not Kraft had made promises to Vrabel to make his way out of Tennessee would count as tampering. He was saying that isn’t tampering, I’m saying it would be tampering. Him being fired doesn’t matter if it can be proven that he had a wink/nod deal with Kraft to go coach the Patriots and in turn forced his way out. Again, I’m not saying that happened or that there is any evidence of it happening. I’m saying that I can see that drama off in the distance and if it went that route what kind of proof would be needed and what type of punishments if any would be levied. It’s similar to when we went after the Texans for tampering with Caserio. A conversation was had at a ring ceremony. If Vrabel acted in bad faith to get himself canned to jump ship to New England, it could create a **** storm.
No. Nothing would ever happen. Tennessee suffered no damages.

Explain to me how the dolphins got dinged for tampering with Brady then. What’s the difference? They talked to him while he was under contract, we let him walk. Once we let him walk the tampering charges didnt just disappear.
It has to be more than just possible. In the Miami situation the league had a witness statement. Does Miss Panther Panties have anything like that? And not having a contract signed when there is a valid offer on the table is very different than a firing

It has to be more than just possible. In the Miami situation the league had a witness statement. Does Miss Panther Panties have anything like that? And not having a contract signed when there is a valid offer on the table is very different than a firing
Why is she Panther panties? Does it roar? Sorry Chung but I am confused about everything you said.

Why is she Panther panties? Does it roar? Sorry Chung but I am confused about everything you said.
Haha.... brainfart with Titans/Panthers mixup. But it may roar!
Otherwise, it is possible that Kraft may have wooed Vrable, but there is a burden of proof beyond being in the same venue. Vrable was fired and I don't think there is any paperwork stating the reason being his visit to foxborough.
Brady walked away from a contract offer while totally free. Who knows what may have happened had the team not been penalized and lost its HC. A witness reported the attempt to meet with the intention to draw him to Miami while he was under contract.
Different circumstances. I will couch this with-Roger may not see it this way.

What was the timing between HOF and the Frankfurt game. IIRC the Germany game was AFTER. And up til that game they still had some chances of getting to playoffs.

So, you got two critical FACTs going against the Florio witch-hunt
1. He was fired.
2. The first time anyone reported the Pats were even thinking about moving on; let alone ‘who could be next’ (which is the 2d step) was after the Germany game (by like a week or 2).

So any accusations of tampering would need a lot of Vrable-RK emails

- BL: Just another click-bait article.

If we get stuck with a under qualified minority hire because Kraft has no balls, I hope there is a mass exit of season ticket holders.

Kraft needs to strap on a set & hire the most qualified candidate

I am probably in the minority over here but I do not want Vrable or Mayo as our next coach. We need a young innovative offensive minded coach and neither of them are that. Vrable might be a decent coach but his style is tough running and good defense but that doesn't work in todays NFL.

If we get stuck with a under qualified minority hire because Kraft has no balls, I hope there is a mass exit of season ticket holders.

Kraft needs to strap on a set & hire the most qualified candidate
Mayo is more than qualified. Why assume he's not?

I am probably in the minority over here but I do not want Vrable or Mayo as our next coach. We need a young innovative offensive minded coach and neither of them are that. Vrable might be a decent coach but his style is tough running and good defense but that doesn't work in todays NFL.

Yeah, I think Vrable is a good coach but he is like Belichick-lite, IMO. I get the logic behind it but I'd rather go in a completely different direction and not half ass it.

Mayo is more than qualified. Why assume he's not?

Who is Mayo more qualified then?
He has never even held a DC position

He certainly is not more qualified than
Vrable

We need a new coaching staff, not Mayo replacing Bill while keeping all the other minions

I loved Troy Brown as a player, but I don’t want him back as a WR coach.

Who is Mayo more qualified then?
He has never even held a DC position

He certainly is not more qualified than
Vrable

We need a new coaching staff, not Mayo replacing Bill while keeping all the other minions

I loved Troy Brown as a player, but I don’t want him back as a WR coach.
"More than qualified" does not mean "More qualified than"

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back