PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'Voted off the island': Inside Bill Belichick's failed job hunt (ESPN report)

And his coaching performance. Last year his offense and special teams were both bottom of the league. That's not good if you are looking for a HC. You don't hire someone that you think is only going to be an asset on defense. The Patriots haven't been a tight mistake free team for the last couple years.
Exactly. And that's one of a few reasons why his time was up here.
Bill's best bet is to say "I'll run the defense, I'll help coach overall fundamentals and get gameplans together, but after that the offensive coaches will be having the latitude to run their own system"
This.

Can Kraft be sued for this stunt?

I keep reading about a "BB camp" and don't even know what that means. What I've seen are people independently going to bat for him out of their own free will (Edelman, Law, Gronk, Gilmore, etc). Having a hard time picturing Bill leading some camp aimed at influencing media storylines.

As for Kraft looking bad, he doesn't need anyone's help to do that.

I keep reading about a "BB camp" and don't even know what that means. What I've seen are people independently going to bat for him out of their own free will (Edelman, Law, Gronk, Gilmore, etc). Having a hard time picturing Bill leading some camp aimed at influencing media storylines.

As for Kraft looking bad, he doesn't need anyone's help to do that.
Does Bill have an agent? i didn't think so, but maybe he hired one. Usually it would be them doing this sort of stuff with the media.

. :rofl: I'm calling ********. Bob picks up the phone and tells Blank that the guy that he trusted for 23 years, cannot be trusted????*
I'm from Maine but I didn’t just fall off the potato wagon.

So, Bob decided to derail Bill's chances at another HC job. That's a strange way to show appreciation to the man who coached your team to 9 SBs and 6 SB wins.

It really doesn't look good for the future of the team if the Krafts have decided to be more involved with the football decisions.

And I hope the Falcons fall off a cliff.
Kraft appears to be very petty. Choosing mayo because he took a trip with him. Mayo was a weird choice the more I think about it

Van Nada and WickerSHAM....

Tells me all I need to know about that garbage piece....released the day after BB's B-Day.....

Bob and Jonathan Kraft better hope that Mayo works out. Because after him Kraft is going to have a harder time than Jerry Jones, Art Modell & Dean Spanos combined finding a competent coach willing to put up with their BS.

If this is true we shouldn't expect a statue any time soon.

I don't know. Paradoxically Kraft may be pressured to honor BB even more for PR reasons after The Dynasty mini-series and articles like this paint him as miserly, self-aggrandizing & petty.

I do believe Kraft did torpedo BB with his candor to other owners. I also believe that after another group of teams crap the bed this season, that BB will get another HC job. Dallas, Philly and the Giants are mentioned as possibilities in the article. But…I am going to throw in 2 more teams that would be very BB like to shove it up Krafts butt…….the Bills and….the JETE! The Bills will fold up again this year and if the Jete pull their normal season escapades, woody will be looking for a new HC.

BTW….i am not trying to trash Kraft at all. I love BB but he put the teams together and made some horrible decisions. Besides….Kraft kept the Pats in Foxboro, built the stadium, and pretty much stayed out of the way for 6 SB wins. He has done great for the team.

The heat is going all on Kraft.... The more stories come out they put a bad light on Kraft. He'll try to claim ownership for the success but it will bond Brady and BB with the legacy and reason for success. It will make Kraft look like he hit on fools gold
Kraft has not exactly covered himself with glory this offseason.

I do believe Kraft did torpedo BB with his candor to other owners. I also believe that after another group of teams crap the bed this season, that BB will get another HC job. Dallas, Philly and the Giants are mentioned as possibilities in the article. But…I am going to throw in 2 more teams that would be very BB like to shove it up Krafts butt…….the Bills and….the JETE! The Bills will fold up again this year and if the Jete pull their normal season escapades, woody will be looking for a new HC.

BTW….i am not trying to trash Kraft at all. I love BB but he put the teams together and made some horrible decisions. Besides….Kraft kept the Pats in Foxboro, built the stadium, and pretty much stayed out of the way for 6 SB wins. He has done great for the team.
Nah, as much as he must hate Kraft at this point, he hates the Jets a thousand times more. Now Buffalo...that would stick it to Bob AND the Jets.

Outside the Atlanta owner the Atlanta Braintrust voted on the coaches and BB was not in the top 3 they'd hire. They were not hiring him.
The article also seems to indicate maybe Kraft said that to Blank while BB was still the head coach like friends venting to friends and that he actually tried to endorse BB for the HC job with Atlanta at the time because it would save Kraft a lot of money.
So it seems a completely overblown story that also appears inaccurate in the context of what Kraft said when and unrelated to BB's ability to get the job.

Which is it: Kraft is cheap or Kraft is only cheap unless he can screw BB over, then money is no concern? The logic just doesn't make any sense here.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back