PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Von Miller might be out for year

Not a team that was going to make noise in that division. But, tough outcome if out for year.

Not a team that was going to make noise in that division. But, tough outcome if out for year.

they could tank for trevor lawrence and trade lock if they dont like what they see

they could tank for trevor lawrence and trade lock if they dont like what they see
I’d never want the team I root for to tank for a shot at one player, regardless of how highly rated he is. The combined (1) probability you get the pick (2) likelihood the player becomes a star (3) sending a « message of losing » (see 76ers) - it’s just a bad mix.

I’d never want the team I root for to tank for a shot at one player, regardless of how highly rated he is. The combined (1) probability you get the pick (2) likelihood the player becomes a star (3) sending a « message of losing » (see 76ers) - it’s just a bad mix.

This would actually have been a great year for the Patriots to tank. And the problem with the 76ers was that the players they took didn't work out, not that they tanked. The tanking actually worked.

Tanking also doesn’t happen in the NFL. And the Colts didn’t tank either.

thought the broncos might be a surprise team this year, but this, obviously doesn't help

Terribly bad luck!

I wish him a complete and speedy recovery.

This would actually have been a great year for the Patriots to tank. And the problem with the 76ers was that the players they took didn't work out, not that they tanked. The tanking actually worked.
I suspect I might not get huge support for my stance, but the loser franchise (76ers) was unable to find winners. The picks were horrendous : Embiid & Simmons, while talented are flawed losers. Payton (2014), Okafor, and Futlz were misses.

For the tanking « to work » you need to execute and hit on enough draft capital to succeed. I also believe it’s easier to hit gold in bball. One player can also impact a bball team more than one NFL player, IMO. For those reasons, I prefer the team I root for not ever tank.

Damn, I like Von. Only time I didn’t like him is when he was rushing Brady. Here’s to a swift recovery bruh!

I suspect I might not get huge support for my stance, but the loser franchise (76ers) was unable to find winners. The picks were horrendous : Embiid & Simmons, while talented are flawed losers. Payton (2014), Okafor, and Futlz were misses.

For the tanking « to work » you need to execute and hit on enough draft capital to succeed. I also believe it’s easier to hit gold in bball. One player can also impact a bball team more than one NFL player, IMO. For those reasons, I prefer the team I root for not ever tank.

Except in BB it is difficult to say who is the most important position wise. Usually wings and big men win out over PG's because the PG number one pick history in the NBA isn't very good if I recall. In the NFL, no QB, no hope so if you can get a Luck, or Brady etc by tanking..you do it.

Feel bad for Miller, but fck the Donkeys.

The "Loser franchise" was poised to be dominant. Unfortunately, for that "loser franchise", it drafted a point guard who had a bum shoulder, altered his shot because of his shoulder, and then developed a mental block about that shoulder from which he's only now beginning to recover.

But that "Loser franchise" would be easily the best team in the East if Fultz hadn't had that situation develop, or if it had gone with Tatum instead.

Hate that for anybody

Damn, I like Von. Only time I didn’t like him is when he was rushing Brady. Here’s to a swift recovery bruh!

It seems the Bronco's pass rush will be below average. If only they had put more resources into edge rushers

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back