PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatieri announces retirement from the NFL

A legend for me and that 45 yards kick in the snow one of the best ever plays in our team history

That's the kick history will remember most, but to me the field goal vs Tennessee in the 2003 Divisional game was at least as impressive. In one of the coldest games in NFL history — as low as 4 degrees — he basically kicked a rock 46 yards for the lead. Incredible.

There was also the first SB against the Giants, where BB went for it on 4th and I think 7 instead of attempting a makeable FG. If AV is on that team, they're 19-0.

There was also the first SB against the Giants, where BB went for it on 4th and I think 7 instead of attempting a makeable FG. If AV is on that team, they're 19-0.
I agree. And it was 4th and 13. I think Gost could have made it too if Bill just trusted his player.

That decision might round out my top 3 of all time BB coaching blunders along with benching Butler and thinking lawyering up the wording of the taping memo was a good idea.

As legendary of a kicker as you can possibly get. His kick in the snow is the greatest kick of all time easily and he has 2 game winning Super Bowl kicks. Great, long career. We were lucky as Pats fans to have him. I wish him the best in retirement.

I thought that he retired a year and half ago.

The crowd booing him in 2006 was one of the most disgusting acts in Patriots history.

A few posters I agreed with suggested Adam retire as a Patriot but I would take it one step further and let him kick 1 FG which would give him 600 for his career.

The crowd booing him in 2006 was one of the most disgusting acts in Patriots history.
Right up there with the deafening booing of Plunkett while he was still here.

So, Vinatieri is the greatest kicker of all time. Brady is the greatest QB of all time. Gronk is the greatest TE of all time.

And Belichick drove them all away.

How do people here not have a huge freakin' problem with that?

So, Vinatieri is the greatest kicker of all time. Brady is the greatest QB of all time. Gronk is the greatest TE of all time.

You mean you are not happy that Bill brought back the worst QB in the room in the league for a second go around?
Bill lost his fast ball a long time ago.

You mean you are not happy that Bill brought back the worst QB in the room in the league for a second go around?
Bill lost his fast ball a long time ago.
Based on some of the reports from OTA that Cam's throws still looking dreadful and Mac's terrific - I'm anticipating Bill will do the right thing for the QB position when the time comes.

super clutch, but also had opportunities being on a dynasty team as well

amazing player, ashamed he had to tarnish his legacy with the Colts but thems the breaks.. also people give him too much credit for the Panthers superbowl, where he missed 2 easy field goals earlier in the game and was 0/2, but people only remember the last one that won the game.. but he was 33% accuracy that day, so he gets way too much credit for that game
How did playing on the Colts tarnish his legacy? He won a ring, had another career-defining game, and broke the all time points record there.

Because 6 Lombardi Trophies produce selective memory.

Attachments

• patriots-sixth-banner-gillette.jpg
    patriots-sixth-banner-gillette.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
You want to talk about embarrassing? Get a load of these posts...

You obviously dont remember how that all went down with him leaving, straight to our biggest rival

He's been a Colt longer than a Patriot

lol

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots