PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Van Noy Cut

Last edited:
Dang, thought maybe he'd stay but can't say I'm angry. KVN I could have gone either way on, and was leaning towards keeping him for some leadership. Was fun, good luck to him.

Was Ridley a older prospect Four years in the league and hell be 28 by years end??
If its to make a trade for Ridley work this is a good move. But we've done this enough by now to know it has nothing to do with Calvin Ridley at all.

First of more to come. Not a surprise. If you're handwringing about the depth at LB, just a reminder that they don't play the USFL schedule, so there's time.

I would like to see Judon on the outside and some rotation of McGrone, Uche, Perkins, and Winovich for the rest of the LB group. Jennings looks to be a bigger slower guy which is what I am hoping we move on from.
Smaller, quicker, can’t shed blocks isnt better.

Not a surprise. He had a few games where he played like his 2019 and before self, but mostly he looked old and slow.
I thought he was better than Hightower this year that looked very old and very slow

Hightower is an UFA.
With Van Noy out, I bet that Bill will resign him. Bill will not let go all of his linebacker

Hightower is an UFA.

I think people want the Pats to sign him to an one year deal with no guarantees just so they can cut him.

Hightower looked awful this year. That isn't setting the bar very high.
I would have kept KVN over Hightower. Seems it’s gonna be the other way around.

The Pats actually have a decent amount of young, untested talent on the roster, some with decent potential. Hopefully they will get their chance and actually succeed this year.

I don’t feel too good about this one. KvN, though not an incredible player out there was still our best LB last year. If they let a guy like him go but still bring back HT or Bentley, I’m gonna be disappointed. Now, if this is part of their youth/athleticism movement, I’m all for it, but where are they going to get those guys from? Are they on the roster already? I can’t imagine they have any big roles planned for Wino and Uche since neither of them could crack the lineup. Maybe they are expecting McGrone, Raekwon, and the new to position/no gameplay experience Perkins to fill the gap?

I’m being dramatic. The offseason hasn’t even truly started yet, but we have hardly any cap money. If last year was remaking the Offense, it appears this year should be loaded towards the D. A rookie, and a few of the young guys will be fun to watch….just hopefully not roller coaster fun.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back