PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

USA Today’s list of 10 coaches to replace Bill

The next coach will suck royally. I don't care who it is. If I were the Krafts I'd be selling this team.

The next coach will suck royally. I don't care who it is. If I were the Krafts I'd be selling this team.
Great, so we've gone from finding a new HC to finding new owners, too?

Scarry list. Jeez with the guys on that list coaching us this year we might have only won a couple games by now.

IF and this is a major IF! IF the Krafts have decided it’s time to move on, I don’t really like the idea of waiting until the season is over. This team needs to begin its GM/HC search now to give the next group that comes in a chance to put a great staff together and be ready for FA and the draft. Wait until the season is over, fulfill the Rooney rule, compete with other teams on black Monday and you’ve set yourself behind quite a bit as far as preparations are concerned. If they haven’t decided yet then that’s fine. I get it. Wait for the rest of the season to play out and make your move. When this team moves on from Bill though, Kraft needs to make the right move and be prepared to commit for 3-4 years minimum to whomever he gives the reins to. They’ll have to unravel over 20 years of work in building an organization from top to bottom. Not to mention replace countless staff. No small feat. If they do decide to move on, whoever they bring in better have huge balls. That’s why I believe a guy like Vrabel or if you could somehow swing it if he would even be remotely interested McVay. These young 1st time HC’s will fail miserably.

Bienemy & Johnson are the big names on that list. Both offensive coaches.

Vrabel isn't good enough to be giving up picks for. Too defensive oriented.

McDaniels? Maybe if the Raiders fiasco had not happened. Will never happen now.

I can't see BoB wanting to take over. He probably goes back to college.

Pretty awful list tbh. Krafts absolutely need to get this hire, and the upcoming draft, right.

IF and this is a major IF! IF the Krafts have decided it’s time to move on, I don’t really like the idea of waiting until the season is over. This team needs to begin its GM/HC search now to give the next group that comes in a chance to put a great staff together and be ready for FA and the draft. Wait until the season is over, fulfill the Rooney rule, compete with other teams on black Monday and you’ve set yourself behind quite a bit as far as preparations are concerned. If they haven’t decided yet then that’s fine. I get it. Wait for the rest of the season to play out and make your move. When this team moves on from Bill though, Kraft needs to make the right move and be prepared to commit for 3-4 years minimum to whomever he gives the reins to. They’ll have to unravel over 20 years of work in building an organization from top to bottom. Not to mention replace countless staff. No small feat. If they do decide to move on, whoever they bring in better have huge balls. That’s why I believe a guy like Vrabel or if you could somehow swing it if he would even be remotely interested McVay. These young 1st time HC’s will fail miserably.
Moving on now means they won't get Johnson because Lions will be going to postseason.

They couldn't interview Bienemy until January.

Speaking of Shanahan, I think the Chargers should look at trading for him. Shanahan would finally have the elite QB. Chargers get their offensive minded genius.

They can still look quietly while BB finishes the season. He's earned the right for a graceful exit.

Speaking of Shanahan, I think the Chargers should look at trading for him. Shanahan would finally have the elite QB. Chargers get their offensive minded genius.
Weird thing with Shanahan is I don’t think he pairs well with an elite QB. He pairs well with guys who are extremely system oriented and coachable.

Moving on now means they won't get Johnson because Lions will be going to postseason.

They couldn't interview Bienemy until January.
It’s not about interviewing guys now. It’s about not hiding your intentions. Get a team together to begin the coaching search, no worries about **** leaking and hurting anyones feelings. Figure out whom on the existing staff is interested in possibly staying if wanted etc. There’s a ton of work that will meed to be done that doesnt require knowing who the hc and gm are going to be right away.

They can still look quietly while BB finishes the season. He's earned the right for a graceful exit.
They run the risk of it leaking that they are looking. We’re gonna have to agree to disagree with the leaving gracefully bit. I dont see it as not being graceful to be asked to leave midseason vs the end of the season. They both offer the same end. BB stepping away at the end of the season and trying to pitch it as if it was his idea would be a sham and everyone would know it. Fired then vs now, what does it matter? He has no problem always moving on from guys early. He does what is right for the team. IF the Krafts feel that moving on from BB is right for the team, then they should do it sooner rather than later.

IMO the only way BB isnt coaching the team next year is if he retires, completely loses the locker room or accepts an extremely trimmed down hc role.

Welker….interesting. Why not.

When we’re adding ‘why not’ to the end of possible Head Coach ideas you know things aren’t going swimmingly :rofl:

Fired then vs now, what does it matter?
PR. Respect for 6 championships.

If he were any other coach, I'd have fired him already. The Krafts probably would too but BB isn't just any coach.

What good does it do to fire Bill now if many of the replacements probably won't be available until after the Super Bowl?

I don't care who replaces Bill and I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
MFFA (make football fun again).

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back