PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ** Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

These aren't "positions" though. We're talking about information Matt Walsh provided based on his personal experience within the Patriots organization. Unless you have a specific reason to doubt some things and believe others, then you're just believing what you want.

You do realize your assertion is nonsense, right? I didn't even get into the Matt Walsh bashfest, but I can't just let you spout these absurdities. Goodell made it pretty clear that he believed some of what Walsh said and not necessarily everything Walsh said. If Goodell can do it, please explain why posters on the internet can't do it.

Last edited:

Felger just said that the Patriots had evidence of other teams doing it. And nobody says boo. Why?

schlereth and carter instantly softened their stance

Paolantonio looks a little happier now that he has information that Walsh gave Brian Daboll information about the walkthrough.

The information was available to anyone present at the practice - Walsh was there legally and was never asked to leave by the Rams. There is nothing wrong with that and the crap is virtually useless when all he told them was that Faulk lined up to receive a kick and that a TE rolled a particular way in a formation. ESPN is going to spin this as the reason the Patriots won.

I dislike Mike Felger as much as most, but I like that he isn't playing the part ESPN wants him to.

Schlereth's reasoning is incredible! He said that because Matt Walsh may have knowingly acted against the rules that NOW THAT'S THE BASIS TO DISBELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS because Walsh is that type of person, therefore, of course, you can't believe it when Walsh says the tapes were not used during the game!!!

Say what?! This is sureal.

Schlereth's reasoning is incredible! He said that because Matt Walsh may have knowingly acted against the rules that NOW THAT'S THE BASIS TO DISBELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS because Walsh is that type of person, therefore, of course, you can't believe it when Walsh says the tapes were not used during the game!!!

I'm glad Schlereth has no hand in anything that truly matters in life.

You do realize your assertion is nonsense, right? I didn't even get into the Matt Walsh bashfest, but I can't just let you spout these absurdities. Goodell made it pretty clear that he believed some of what Walsh said and not necessarily everything Walsh said. If Goodell can do it, please explain why posters on the internet can't do it.

People can do whatever they want. And I can think it sounds foolish. Wonderful country we live in.

And btw, I didn't hear Goodell say anything like that and I listened to the whole press conference.

Schlereth just doesnt want to admit he's wrong. Him and Wingo are obviously Patriots haters.

Just trying to cover his fat embarrassed AZZ.

Originally Posted by Deus Irae

Show me where Goodell said that, I listed to every minute and never heard that.

Show me where Goodell said that, I listed to every minute and never heard that.

Did you not hear where he was asked the question about whether he believed Matt Walsh was truthful about everything? It's possible that I misheard it, I suppose, but Dale and Holley also noted that they didn't buy everything Walsh said.

Last edited:

Schlereth just doesnt want to admit he's wrong. Him and Wingo are obviously Patriots haters.
Well they built this up for hours,only to look like shmucks. Now they have to try and talk they're way out of it. And in the process dig themselves deeper and end up looking like bigger shmucks than when they started out. :rocker:

Last edited:

Did you not hear where he was asked the question about whether he believed Matt Walsh was truthful about everything?

I did. Did you listen to the answer?

I did. Did you listen to the answer?

Of course I did. Do you really think Goodell bought the "get into coaching" angle?

Come on, at least be reasonable.

So long SpyGate, hello Scalp-Gate and IR-Gate.

I gotta say, I was a player on an nfl team, id try to practice on IR as well, if I hurt my arm, there is no reason why i cant work my legs, or vice versa...and on the scalping tickets thing, as a fan, ID say that id scalp them if i had them (extra ones) because I am dirt poor, but as a player, you already got alot of money, so why do it? Not a big deal, just wondering. Must have been sammule, he needed the extra money to feed his family.

Of course I did. Do you really think Goodell bought the "get into coaching" angle?

Come on, at least be reasonable.

We're talking about what Goodell actually said, not what I think he believes.

Also, I don't necessarily disbelieve the coaching thing. Why else would Walsh keep the tapes for 7 years, and then even when Spygate broke, the media had to come to him, not the other way around. This isn't really relevant to anything, but still.

Last edited:

The only thing that concerned me, and it was very very slightly concerning, is that according to Goodell, Walsh admitted the Pats did try to hide their camermen to a small degree.

But this is offset by Herm waiving at the camera, the camerman wearing Patriots apparel, and the obvious knowledge from other coaches that this was going on. If other coaches felt that this was a big deal, why didn't this come out earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents