PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Schedule Release Wednesday April 17 (Pats to Open on SNF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL did give the Super Bowl winner 2 mini byes per season, with the advent of Thursday Night Football.

The flipside is that they also have two short weeks unlike most teams who have one

Extra rest is helpful but losing rest offsets the advantage.

Is 'would of' instead of 'would have' some meta joke at this point in the thread?

I could read the rest of the thread to find out but I won't.

I’m glad you picked up on the joke there.

I want the Jete! They won the offseason again with Sam Darnold, Leveon Bell, CJ Mosley, Jamison Crowder, Kelechi Osemele, plus whoever they draft at #3.

Is 'would of' instead of 'would have' some meta joke at this point in the thread?

You could of read the rest of the thread.

They should have the Arizona Cardinals open up on MNF since they're one of the oldest teams along with the Packers and Bears.

At, on and in (time) - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary

We use on:
  • with a singular day of the week to refer to one occasion:
I’ve got to go to London on Friday.
  • with a plural day of the week to refer to repeated events:
The office is closed on Fridays. (every Friday) In informal situations, we often leave out on before plural days:

Since we are talking about Thursday Night Football, the use of the "on" is proper.
Omitting the "on" is not grammatically incorrect; I stated that it's not necessary. Both references ("on" used or omitted) are correct.

I hate the night games. I don't like the time or the broadcasting from NBC ESPN. Thursday night games are the worst. give me a 430 start time or 100 thank you very much.

I bet if the Rams won they would of played Thursday. NFL bias against the Patriots continues.
I hope it's not the Chiefs. It would be great to start the season kicking the Jete butts.

For some it is, for some it ain't.

It could mean that someone doesn't feel up to being serenaded by blue towels again.

The NFL did give the Super Bowl winner 2 mini byes per season, with the advent of Thursday Night Football.

Giving the Pats a quick turn around is no favor..

OTOH it does not matter, Goodell will make every effort to dethrone the Pats juggernaut, but BB & crew will prevail..

Giving the Pats a quick turn around is no favor..

OTOH it does not matter, Goodell will make every effort to dethrone the Pats juggernaut, but BB & crew will prevail..
Yep. Looking forward to the 5/6 away game stretch that the schedule will reveal in April.

You must be retired.

If your traveling to see a game at Gillette you can often get the tickets for a good price since many don't want to go because of the lateness.

99% of fans don’t give a **** about how old the Wackers or Bears are.
I don't think anybody cares about this rivalry outside of Green Bay and Chicago. It's basically been Patriots-Bills for the last decade. Should have just made it the Sunday night game.

I don't think anybody cares about this rivalry outside of Green Bay and Chicago. It's basically been Patriots-Bills for the last decade. Should have just made it the Sunday night game.

Goondell now has an excuse not to come to Gillette.

You do have a point. For such an “amazing” rivalry, there is also such a lack of notable moments or superpower battles between these two franchises in the modern era, outside of their regional lore. I mean, growing up it was always obvious that certain rivalries were great, but I never realized how much GB-CHI was in the minds of that small region. Even the NFCCG in 2010 had a lackluster feel to it, like this is supposed to be some epic legacy game and no one really cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back