PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Prince Aaron demands Packers fire GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
His lack of reflection and overall personality is the very reason they drafted Jordan Love as an insurance policy and somewhat of a power play to show them he doesn’t control the team.
Having everyone in management flying to meet him would seem to show that he does control the team. That's the sort o thing I was talking about when I said the Packers should have just ignored the tantrum.

Remember, he said it, not me...

There must be something in the water in WI that turns Packer QBs into divas. Rodgers' tenure in Green Bay may end in a similar fashion to Favre's.

"Draft me a receiver!!!"

"No"

Classic Film Reaction GIF by Film at Lincoln Center
Aaron Rodgers had 48TD passes last year :D

The team is 26-6 over the last two regular seasons, arguably the best offensive line in the league, arguably the best WR in the league, and a pretty good defense.
and just 2-2 in the playoffs.

There must be something in the water in WI that turns Packer QBs into divas. Rodgers' tenure in Green Bay may end in a similar fashion to Favre's.
Favre didn't get his coach fired or ask the GM to be fired though. Rodgers is taking things to a whole other level of diva.

I presume this is curtains for him. No way team can have him on roster now if he asked for gm head.

I presume this is curtains for him. No way team can have him on roster now if he asked for gm head.
He has accessed the cheat code: call out someone specifically in the organization and drag them through the mud.

He’ll get traded soon.

and then AR will celebrate, as Brady did (and does)
=========
Rodgers has been clear since January. He wants a commitment from GB (an extension with serious guarantees, and a no trade clause). He does NOT want the team to have the choice to dump him whenever they feel that Love might be able to start.

Very few players can get away with this kind of request. One was Brady. A second is Rodgers. He wanted a long-term contract before the 2020 season. The GM said no, AND THEN he drafted a quarterback in the first round. So, what did Rodgers do. He has the best season of his career. And THEN, after having shown that he can still play at a high level, and getting no contract, he said that he wasn't coming back.
==========
Of all fan bases, I would think that we would at least understand why Rodgers has taken the position that he has.
==========
Finally, the fans own the packers. The GM doesn't work for some billionaire owner. The GM will go. The only question is whether it is before or after Rodgers is on another team. This GM could have had the 3rd pick and more.

Last edited:
and then AR will celebrate, as Brady did (and does)
=========
Rodgers has been clear since January. He wants a commitment from GB (an extension with serious guarantees, and a no trade clause). He does NOT want the team to have the choice to dump him whenever they feel that Love might be able to start.

Very few players can get away with this kind of request. One was Brady. A second is Rodgers. He wanted a long-term contract before the 2020 season. The GM said no, AND THE he drafted a quarterback in the first round. So, what did Rodgers do. He has the best season of his career. And THEN, after having shown that he can still play at a high level, he said the he wasn't coming back.
==========
Of all fan bases, I would think that we would at least understand why Rodgers has taken the position that he has.
==========
Finally, the fans own the packers. The GM doesn't work for some billionaire owner. The GM will go. The only question is whether it is before or after Rodgers is on another team. This GM could have had the 3rd pick and more.

It wasn't really even close to the same thing. Was Brady happy when Jimmy G was drafted? No. But he was a good soldier. He went out there and proved he still had a lot of game left to play. He handled it the right way. Rodgers has handled very much the wrong way. That's the difference.

As for Rodgers going to a new team, that will probably happen at this point. He wants to shoot his way out of town and has burned bridges. But i don't think he will celebrate. He might ask to go to certain teams, but he doesn't get to pick. His contract has no such stipulation. And at this point GB likely isn't inclined to just roll over and give into his demands of a specific team automatically unless the deal isn't much different.

Furthermore, even if he goes where he wants, he will still have the same problems following him. That being that he can't have everything. He wants to be paid as the highest QB or close to it. Have all the leverage in his contract. Have a great defense and be surrounded by a great offense, and have final say in every major decision on the team. Even if you give him all those things, if it doesn't work out he is the type to point fingers and not take responsibility.

I want him fired or i'm taking my ball and leaving. Hes been mean to me.

View attachment 32547

It wasn't really even close to the same thing. Was Brady happy when Jimmy G was drafted? No. But he was a good soldier. He went out there and proved he still had a lot of game left to play. He handled it the right way. Rodgers has handled very much the wrong way. That's the difference.

As for Rodgers going to a new team, that will probably happen at this point. He wants to shoot his way out of town and has burned bridges. But i don't think he will celebrate. He might ask to go to certain teams, but he doesn't get to pick. His contract has no such stipulation. And at this point GB likely isn't inclined to just roll over and give into his demands of a specific team automatically unless the deal isn't much different.

Furthermore, even if he goes where he wants, he will still have the same problems following him. That being that he can't have everything. He wants to be paid as the highest QB or close to it. Have all the leverage in his contract. Have a great defense and be surrounded by a great offense, and have final say in every major decision on the team. Even if you give him all those things, if it doesn't work out he is the type to point fingers and not take responsibility.
You think that a team will trade for Rodgers without him being 100% on board with the new team?

You think that a team will trade for Rodgers without him being 100% on board with the new team?
..at first i was going to say i have no clue, but yes, i think a team that is a QB ( with his ability) away from a super bowl run would. Winning a SB would bring a lot prestige and $$$$$ to a franchise even if its for just one year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back