PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: 5-year old girl involved in Britt Reid accident awakens from coma

That's what I was thinking. $500,000 in a GoFundMe account is a lot of $$. Who's to say he didn't make a large anonymous contribution? It's a sticky situation for him, true, although he is not responsible (legally) for his adult son's actions, but the team I suppose could be implicated in some way if they knew the son had a problem and let him continue to drive to and from work. I just pray the little girl recovers. They said she opened her eyes, which is great, but it wasn't one of those rare awakenings where the person is talking and moving around normally right off the bat.

More likely it's the cumulative total of 13K donations. But I agree with waiting until we know more.

Everyone's concern should be with the full recovery of the little girl, but it's strange toxicology reports haven't come out since it's been 2 weeks.

Well, the legal arm twisting has begun.... normally I feel bad for people when lawyers extort them but I just can't bring myself to have any sympathy for Britt Reid here....

Lawyer seeking 'most serious charges' against ex-Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid (espn.com)
Good.

The poor little girl will never have a normal life thanks to that slime and his "only 2 or 3 drinks" excuse.

Sue him and sue the Chiefs. Go after them all. $100m. Life in prison. Bamboo under the toenails.

Good.

The poor little girl will never have a normal life thanks to that slime and his "only 2 or 3 drinks" excuse.

Sue him and sue the Chiefs. Go after them all. $100m. Life in prison. Bamboo under the toenails.
How can the Chiefs be sued? If I did something like that scumbag Reid did in my free time, my employer could not be sued AFAIK.

Hold on a sec. I just realized her family's gofund me is raising $ for what will surely be astronomical med expenses.
But no mention of any help from anyone in the Reid family!?!! With all their millions? Its hard for me believe Andy hasnt quietly stepped in and said"I got this" . It should have been w/o any hesitation, no lawyers. Do it because its the right thing to do.
Hes a morally bankrupt pos if he isn't or hasnt already done this. Im hoping he is helping and whoever wrote story neglected to mention it.
Well doing it quietly and not publicizing it is also the right thing to do.

How can the Chiefs be sued? If I did something like that scumbag Reid did in my free time, my employer could not be sued AFAIK.
Rumor is he may have been drinking at the facility and drove from there to the accident site. That could cause the employer sine liability I think.

Huh? Let what come to light? Brett hit that car while DUI, no question.

You are correct that the lawyers for the Reids have probably told them not to do any such thing, because such actions would be construed as an admission of guilt on the part of the Reids and open them up to civil litigation.

But they're going to get sued anyway. I hope the Reids get soaked pretty good.
You can’t sue a grown mans father for a grown mans actions.

Don't shoot the messenger but an intelligent sounding poster on ChiefsPlanet said there is precedent in the state of of MO in which the victim of a drunk driver sued the defendant but also the bar in which they were served - and won

Is the bar the same as a workplace that served Chumley Reid, Jr?

Awful news. Still a double standard with media coverage. Drives me nuts. People were more outraged over pretend Patriots rule violations than this real henious act.

They are still awaiting the results which is ********.

I guess it can take four to Six weeks depending on what they are looking for. Possibly more than just alcohol.

I guess it can take four to Six weeks depending on what they are looking for. Possibly more than just alcohol.

My cop buddy says its typically 2-3 weeks but I just don't trust how this is playing out.

My cop buddy says its typically 2-3 weeks but I just don't trust how this is playing out.

Could see it both ways. High profile case + high dollar lawyers = being extra careful.

Rumor is he may have been drinking at the facility and drove from there to the accident site. That could cause the employer sine liability I think.
Then that makes sense. It's why we have people Uber home from our company parties. A combination of fear and morals.

Don't shoot the messenger but an intelligent sounding poster on ChiefsPlanet said there is precedent in the state of of MO in which the victim of a drunk driver sued the defendant but also the bar in which they were served - and won

Is the bar the same as a workplace that served Chumley Reid, Jr?
Don't tell me who I can't shoot.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back