PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

University of Rhode Island article about Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says the pot smokers are lefties ;)
Most of the pot smokers I've met do vote on the left of issues. YMMV of course

One of my best friends at my old job was this skinny little spider of a guy, all smiles and energy, fun to talk to, never, ever didn't smell like weed. We had some fun conversations as I drove him to and from work. We also played a lot of Pokemon Go together. Never smoked in front of me, since he knew I was Mormon, he was cool like that. Never talked to him about it because I didn't want to be responsible for knowing, since I believe it was technically still illegal here at the time. He was just an awesome dude to hang out with, wish I'd stayed in touch

Right. I already realized this as I’ve been saying for years that Jordan was only great because of the black lives matter movement and Larry Bird was only great because he was white. All the rings make no difference at all

Caste football was (or is IDK if they still exist) a white supremacist sports fan site who had the Pats as their darlings because we have had successful white WRs to the point that if you say there's a white guy WR on the Pats people will make lunch pail jokes. So the connections is there, but it is one-sided.

Someone adopting Brady as a symbol of something is about as much Brady's fault as Pepe the Frog is at fault for what the alt right have a cartoon frog into.

Brady's immense popularity comes from his on the field play and the tenure of his career, not because he owns a MAGA hat.

American colleges are a joke now. $60 grand a year to get a degree in History of Transgender Entomology or some other nonsense.
You can still get useful and employable degrees.

I'm going to express my wishes right now to not discuss the political premise of the article and just take it for what it's worth - the OP informing us of an article that's out there, which I'm sure will be discussed locally at some point.

Otherwise, now you know it's out there, but please don't devolve this thread into any of the political arguments that are likely to come due to what's in the article. :eek:

Consider who posted it, though

Brady's immense popularity comes from his on the field play and the tenure of his career, not because he owns a MAGA hat.
You don’t know that. How could you know that? What kind of research have you done? Have you put your sorry pale ass in the tattered rags of an early 19th century slave in South Carolina? I bet you haven’t. I bet you haven’t even put yourself in the penny loafers of a bloated, self-serving, ivory tower author with a mild case of yeast infection of the vaginal area? Have you? Have you?

Wow. Oh, and pardon me a sec...

giphy.gif

...just getting in before the thread closes. ;)

We lead very different lives

Huh?

Academia offers doctorates in kinesiology? Seems like getting a doctorate in the chiropractic arts.

Why is a professor of kinesiology writing that kind of paper? Seems out of his field.

The article seems like the conclusion was drawn first, then the author worked backwards to find supporting info.

Regards,
Chris

Heh, I think you're worrying over nothing, Ian. There's nothing to really discuss from this article other than "Wow, this dude's out of touch with reality." I think even our resident pot-smokin' lefties will keep their distance from this fellow.
Who says you have to be a lefty to smoke ganja mon. Come on man!

Huh?

Academia offers doctorates in kinesiology? Seems like getting a doctorate in the chiropractic arts.

Why is a professor of kinesiology writing that kind of paper? Seems out of his field.

The article seems like the conclusion was drawn first, then the author worked backwards to find supporting info.

Regards,
Chris
Clearly you are unfamiliar with the research methods of modern academia

Huh?

Regards,
Chris

Alex Guerrero Derangement Syndrome.

This low life couldn't find anything else to write about. I am thankful that this a-hole was not one f my professors. Sick and tired of the media.

Heh, I think you're worrying over nothing, Ian. There's nothing to really discuss from this article other than "Wow, this dude's out of touch with reality." I think even our resident pot-smokin' lefties will keep their distance from this fellow.

Actually the linked article is just a rambling of what they think this person said. I did not see a link to the actual text. And that web-site is as credible as the New York Jets.

Professor Kooz ???

Actually the linked article is just a rambling of what they think this person said. I did not see a link to the actual text. And that web-site is as credible as the New York Jets.

Actually Professor Moonbat was interviewed for the piece and is liberally (pun intended) quoted in it, Since you took the time to look at it you should have at least read some of them, you deprived yourself of some good laughs.

I agree with the policy that discussing politics shouldn't really be part of a football board. However at a certain point things stop being political and become crazy.

Example of political talk: Reasons why you may favor a UBI.

Example of non political talk: Brady merely existing the way he does emboldens white supremacy and he should apologize and feel guilt immediately.

One is a political subject and one is crazy. I make a distinction between left wing and these hard core SJWs or feminist. Just as I make a distinction from the right wing and neo nazi nationalist.

I think it would be helpful if we all did that.

*Rips the mask off*

Aaron Rodgers?! How could you write such a thing!

Wow. Oh, and pardon me a sec...

giphy.gif

...just getting in before the thread closes. ;)

At some point @SammyBlueCat is going to lord his kind's superior Pliability®* over us mere humans :( May as well tag him and get it over with :D

*edit: my Spidey Sense started tingling after I posted this, so I had to look; yes, the official TB12 site actually has a page devoted to that subject; apparently there is even something called the "pliable lifestyle" :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back