PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Udoka was apparently a bad boy, is facing possible team discipline

So, the Celtics are holding their HC to a higher standard than the Senate held Bill Clinton? Yeah, that's about right.

So, the Celtics are holding their HC to a higher standard than the Senate held Bill Clinton? Yeah, that's about right.
Right....Maybe congress should take note of the Celtics standards. I noticed you referenced a Democrat. Shouldn't the Republicans also adhere to these standards?

Williams and Gallinari out, the Udoka mess- tough way to start a season.
On the bright side, Williams and Gallinari both returning around January. Same month the team turned itself around and played great rest of season. Udoka was a big part of that but I'm sure the players will retain positive lessons they learned from him despite fact most now have a low opinion of him as a man. And the new HC will have had 1/2 season to get his feet wet. Stevens speaks highly of him and I have big respect for Brad. The 2nd half could be something to watch. I know these guys are hungry for a title.

Williams and Gallinari out, the Udoka mess- tough way to start a season.
On the bright side, Williams and Gallinari both returning around January. Same month the team turned itself around and played great rest of season. Udoka was a big part of that but I'm sure the players will retain positive lessons they learned from him despite fact most now have a low opinion of him as a man. And the new HC will have had 1/2 season to get his feet wet. Stevens speaks highly of him and I have big respect for Brad. The 2nd half could be something to watch. I know these guys are hungry for a title.

Gallinari's not coming back around January.

First head coach of color for the Celtics????

Bill Russell
KC Jones
ML Carr
and
Doc Rivers

all would like a word with this ignoramus.

Incidentally, 3 of four from that list have won a championship or more.
And Tom Sanders as well....

Just listened to Robert Littal's podcast. Sounds like there was a lot more going on than just a consensual relationship between 2 adults. Obviously you don't suspend an extremely talented coach for a year for just having a fling.
Especially one that just led the team to the NBA Finals in his first year coaching. I can't imagine that most* of the higher-ups wanted to suspend him at all, let alone for an entire season.

*I say most b/c there might be someone who had an axe to grind (perhaps justifiably).

good read ....
The selectivity of the media never disappoints.....
Matt Barnes: "I'm a reporter, it's 100 times worse, not my business to report the details"

Monica Lewinsky wishes the media provided her with the same media protections as Udoka's side piece....aka "victim".... is getting

Call it the 'code', the 'unwritten rules', 'locker room brotherhoods don't rat"
I kind of get it...except the real reason is all about maintaining access and not diving down all the rabbit holes that exist throughout pro sports.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but Phil Jackson had a relationship with Jeanie Buss during his time with the Lakers. Why is Udoka being punished for a consensual relationship? What am I missing?

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but Phil Jackson had a relationship with Jeanie Buss during his time with the Lakers. Why is Udoka being punished for a consensual relationship? What am I missing?

I could answer this with more than "We don't have all the facts, but the reports are that it was about how Udoka behaved, and not that he had the relationship", but that would veer into speculation and politics, so I'll just leave it there.

I devoted most of my working life to teaching. Public schools are now a degenerate wasteland. I would not subject my child to such destructive nonsense. I support a 100% voucher plan, in the hope that the current disatrously bad system will fade away.

we are missing a LOT of the details and full account of what happened and for good reason. It really not our business to know and not on the Celtics to let us know.

Totally different situation as the Celts ownership had to hire a PI I think. Phil (HC) asked Jeanie (SVP) out. Jeanie said they have to be fully transparent, so she asked her boss/dad the owner for the okay. He said I always thought you should date an older man as they'd appreciate you more.

Udoka allegedly hooked up with the married spouse of a Celtics executive and also someone else in the organization. Apparently somebody was threatening to sue the Celtics stemming from Ime's philandering, etc., etc. The "consensual" thing is a matter of dispute, apparently inserted by Udoka's agent to make things look better than they were.

More on this stuff here: Home

Totally different situation as the Celts ownership had to hire a PI I think. Phil (HC) asked Jeanie (SVP) out. Jeanie said they have to be fully transparent, so she asked her boss/dad the owner for the okay. He said I always thought you should date an older man as they'd appreciate you more.
I use that same line on the college girls....

I devoted most of my working life to teaching. Public schools are now a degenerate wasteland. I would not subject my child to such destructive nonsense. I support a 100% voucher plan, in the hope that the current disatrously bad system will fade away.

1664469756363.png

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back