PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Udoka was apparently a bad boy, is facing possible team discipline

It's incredible how a former NBA player who covers the NBA could be so ignorant.
Mind-boggling.
The Celtics hired the first African-American HC in history way back in the 60's. They were also the first NBA franchise to start 5 black players.
The,Boston Celtics have been the #1 NBA franchise in terms of racial justice.
Jay Williams is a moron.
If Bill Russell were alive he might slap Williams' ignorant face
And then KC Jones would've smacked his face so it flung back in the other direction.

Stooopid.

Let’s try and settle this down away from politics, which this has nothing to do with. :rolleyes:

Let’s try and settle this down away from politics, which this has nothing to do with. :rolleyes:
For my part, I shouldn't have responded to a ridiculous post that was political. I never discuss politics online as it's a terrible medium for that purpose. Better to do it face to face over a pint and you can see whoever you're debating is also a human being. Very out of character for me. I took the bait. Better to let stupidity just sit there by itself for everyone to see.
There's way too much divisiveness in our country already and I wasn't helping.

Not sure. All depends how much digging the press wants to do and how willing the women are talking.

I would think the C's would want to have this die
If it's allowed to die something else will come along and grab our attention.

If it's allowed to die something else will come along and grab our attention.
RW3 out for 8-12 weeks was another people's elbow to Cs fans...

It's too bad the 1st head coach of color for the Celtics got run out town in this shameful way after such a short stint with the team. Just reinforcing that Boston stereotype.

View attachment 45638

First head coach of color for the Celtics????

Bill Russell
KC Jones
ML Carr
and
Doc Rivers

all would like a word with this ignoramus.

Incidentally, 3 of four from that list have won a championship or more.

Bill Russell
KC Jones
ML Carr
and
Doc Rivers

You know... I originally had a /s at the end of my post to indicate sarcasm, but I figured that it was so obvious (esp with Bill Russell's recent death), that I thought it didn't need it. Your post is not the first response to this (although it was since deleted due presumably to realizing that it was satire). Apologies for not being more clear.

You know... I originally had a /s at the end of my post to indicate sarcasm, but I figured that it was so obvious (esp with Bill Russell's recent death), that I thought it didn't need it. Your post is not the first response to this (although it was since deleted due presumably to realizing that it was satire). Apologies for not being more clear.

My post wasn't directed at you.

Bill Russell
KC Jones
ML Carr
and
Doc Rivers

Don't forget Satch Sanders

So according to this, Udoka's fiancé moved to Boston just two weeks ago with the couple's 10-year-old son. Just in time for all hell to break loose. I suppose we might assume the son is in a Boston-area school. What a freaking mess.

So according to this, Udoka's fiancé moved to Boston just two weeks ago with the couple's 10-year-old son. Just in time for all hell to break loose. I suppose we might assume the son is in a Boston-area school. What a freaking mess.
Yes brutal ... also a rumor that one of the Celtic starters (w/angst) ratted him out to Nia ....
But sad all around ... supposedly they all knew ... then again ... much clutter on sports teams.

Screamin' A Smith weigh in on this new information yet?
He got crap thrown in his face the other day ...
Seems he is always protecting the man ... and more as we all know.

Reactions: Ian

Yeah... I saw that segment (replayed). That's why I'm waiting for his updated commentary, when he apologizes to the woman, and his audience, for being so pathetic as to be looking for racism under every rock, and in every action and comment.

It was a perfectly reasonable (albeit charged) exchange, they came to a shared understanding, and then the YouTuber goes into some strange sociocultural analysis ... what does Malika Andrews have to do with the Celtics? She is a sports analyst sharing her thoughts on a talk-show, but the commentator is attempting to draw parallels between Andrews not being suspended at ESPN for that interaction on air, and Udoka being suspended for his actions, suggesting that shows unfairness ... those two things are in no way parallel/analogous/related whatsoever, completely different stratospheres.

Andrews came on strong, Stephen A. pushed back, they reached a shared understanding like adults should. That was a pretty good example of how to work through disagreement in a healthy way. All that said, the video leaves out whatever was said prior to Andrews confronting Stephen A., so we lack a lot of context as to what was said that led to that point.

This is such a bizarre commentary/analysis by the YouTuber after the initial exchange. Some weird culture war lens stuff, linking people/ideas/events that aren't related, in what feels like someone made one of those idea diagrams with a bunch of circles with lines connecting them, with loose ideas jotted down, and then proceeded to read each of those circles back-to-back-to-back without any cohesive analysis/thought process. Very politically charged, too.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back