PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyreek Hill Investigation

The NFL is really stupid. This is what they should do.
1. Only test for performance enhancing drugs. Who cares what else the players do.
That would be a public relations nightmare like in the 80’s when multiple players are caught regularly abusing recreational drugs (and I mean things like opioids, not something harmless like marijuana).
2. Only punish players for their convictions, get out of the investigation game, you suck at it.
According to this logic, they couldn’t punish Ray Rice. Or Greg Hardy. We all saw the PR nightmare that turned out to be when they gave Rice only 2 games.
3. Group crimes into a couple of categories, violent crimes, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol related, etc. Set up a simple chart that takes into account the severity of the crime, misdemeanor/felony and the number of times a player has been convicted in the past and have a set punishment based upon those criteria.
Well, I agree they should make things more consistent.
4. If a team releases a player based upon a morals clause, other teams can't pick him up for 1 year, and the team that does pick them up has to forfeit a draft pick back to the team that released him.
Yeah that’ll never work in a million years. Probably wouldn’t even be legal.

That might be a situation where his return would not be worth his value to the 2019 Chiefs. Unless he becomes a total distraction they might be better off keeping him.
If we assume the Chiefs’ one and only priority is winning (which is a safe assumption)...

I wouldn’t trade him right now. His value is lower than his talent merits because of the recent unpleasantness. I’d keep him for the season. And Tyreek should refuse a new deal because, as above, his value is lower than his talent merits right now. I expect he will stay in KC and no new deal will come about this season.

it is, but you do have to consider the fact that players can corrupt the rule as a means of shooting their way out of town.......I think part of this is leeway on behalf of the chiefs who didn't hesitate to dump hunt. not right, but it should not have been easy for thr browns to grab him......it should be the kind of suspension at least where the player is not allowed to sign with anyone until the suspension is completed
Agree. Teams should not be able to sign suspended players.

Last edited:
If we assume the Chiefs’ one and only priority is winning (which is a safe assumption)...

I wouldn’t trade him right now. His value is lower than his talent merits because of the recent unpleasantness. I’d keep him for the season. And Tyreek should refuse a new deal because, as above, his value is lower than his talent merits right now. I expect he will stay in KC and no new deal will come about this season.
Yep. Some team might give him big money and they gets a 3rd in comp

I threw 4 in there because it isn’t fair to have a team do what is right and allow another team to punish them for it.

If players are caught, by law enforcement, doing illegal drugs, and arrested, then then can be punished. I don’t care if they are smoking pot in March.

As if we needed any further proof Hlll was the beneficiary of a very select version of NFL (ahem) scrutiny and the only thing about NFL discipline that's consistent is it's inconsistency...

The Chiefs are currently on the NFL's grace list, probably because they saw all the excitement that team generated among fans and don't want to have that taken away.

On the other hand, now that the Seahawks no longer generate that excitement:
NFL suspends Seahawks’ Jarran Reed six games

The point was some of the most recent player suspensions by Goodell.. Not specific to players who had committed violence against children or domestic violence.. Otherwise, I'd have included Ray Rice..

Hardy is a bigger scumbag than Hill dude almost killed that girl

As if we needed any further proof Hlll was the beneficiary of a very select version of NFL (ahem) scrutiny and the only thing about NFL discipline that's consistent is it's inconsistency...

**** that liar Ian Rapoport! Time to stop using him as a source. Dude lies.

Oh look, suddenly Seahawks fans are bringing up Tyreek Hill. Oh so now you care about this?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The inconsistency is astounding. Could Goodell be any worse at handing these punishments out?

The best way to make our players unsuspendable would be for Kraft to sell part of the team to actress Rooney Mara.

It just gives more ammo to respond to Patriots haters who say that they are "cheaters". To Chiefs, Ravens, Giants, Cowboys and Browns fans: your team are a bunch of wife/child/girlfriend-beaters (I am sure I am missing a few).

One upside from this bungled non-suspension of Hill (the man should have gotten 4 games for just telling his wife to be terrified of him too) is that now the Chiefs will be allocating A LOT of their future cap $$$ to him. One more misstep and the Chiefs will be using millions of cap space on a suspended guy....and thus unable to add more weapons.

The best way to make our players unsuspendable would be for Kraft to sell part of the team to actress Rooney Mara.
Interesting proposition. But remember that Lisa Friel is Giants fan.

One upside from this bungled non-suspension of Hill (the man should have gotten 4 games for just telling his wife to be terrified of him too) is that now the Chiefs will be allocating A LOT of their future cap $$$ to him. One more misstep and the Chiefs will be using millions of cap space on a suspended guy....and thus unable to add more weapons.
Perhaps not. The word on the street is the Chiefs want to put some "specific language" into his contract. Most likely to protect them by allowing them to cut them without too much penalty.

Apologies if this was already posted but another example of inconsistent punishment being handed out by The Ginger Jerkoff.

Two years later. Not saying he is innocent but was never charged or prosecuted but the NFL conducted a thorough investigation and found him guilty.

“He had his appeal come back on Friday and it was denied,” Rapoport told NFL Network Monday morning. “He was not arrested, he was not charged, he was found culpable by the NFL.”

Seahawks DT Jarran Reed suspended 6 games by NFL

It just gives more ammo to respond to Patriots haters who say that they are "cheaters". To Chiefs, Ravens, Giants, Cowboys and Browns fans: your team are a bunch of wife/child/girlfriend-beaters (I am sure I am missing a few).
Except that, as much as I hate to say it, they can (and will) play the "murderer" card.

That would be a public relations nightmare like in the 80’s when multiple players are caught regularly abusing recreational drugs (and I mean things like opioids, not something harmless like marijuana).
PR is totally what it’s all about.

According to this logic, they couldn’t punish Ray Rice. Or Greg Hardy. We all saw the PR nightmare that turned out to be when they gave Rice only 2 games.
Well, I agree they should make things more consistent.
Yeah that’ll never work in a million years. Probably wouldn’t even be legal.
But should they punish people for crimes if they don’t get convicted?
Of course NOW they’ve put themselves in a position where they have tied the morality of the league to disciplining players in order to pander to public sentiment.
If they had, all along, taken the position that they cannot discipline a player for committing a crime unless they are convicted of it, they would have consistency and an answer to anyone who complained. (We have to respect everyone’s rights and cannot discipline any one for a crime without a conviction.)
Teams could them make moral judgments on whether they wanted a player on their team based upon suspicion or non-prosecuted cases.
Of course the hardest thing to do is unring the bell, particularly when the ring tone is stupidity.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back