PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyrann Mathieu Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just waiting for someone to say

“But can he rush the passer”

Because yes, yes he can! Despite the career sack numbers, he’s one of the better blitzing DB’s and great at creating pressure, and maybe the best at blowing up plays behind the LOS, in the league. His versatility is almost unparalleled for a DB. I’ve always loved him. On and off the field.

Last edited:
Houston is on him from what I’ve read.

Houston is on him from what I’ve read.
He’d be a good addition. Quite a luxury, but Chung and McCourty aren’t getting any younger, and it gets rid of Richards, right? :)

Sadly for us, I doubt that we’ll be able to afford to be players in this kind of market where teams have been spending tons of money. I think it’s a major pipe dream.

If only we had a free agency thread for all free agency news. That way people wouldn’t start a new thread everytime someone is cut, signed, or gets a tweet posted about them

I'm kind of split on whether to have a new thread for every big name or one thread for all the names.

I like opening up the forum and seeing separate threads that are easily identifiable with a big name. It's quick to see and the posts are focused on that particular player.

How about this? Each free agent news opens up in a separate thread but labeled FA in the title and after two days it's merged into the FA mega thread. That would be great.

I wonder if Matthieu could be had for a Revis-style deal. His stock is not quite as high as it was in 2015. Maybe he could be compelled to come here for 2018, play for a championship, then get his payday.

This is a guy whose presence would make me feel comfortable about filling out the front 7 with JAGs and rookies.

From Bert Breer's MMQB post. Mathieu says, “It’s not all about money for me, I want to go somewhere where I can be completely immersed in football, and it’s not too much about anything but winning. I want to be a part of winning culture, where you feel that all the time. That’s all I want.”

Sounds like he wants to be here.

From Bert Breer's MMQB post. Mathieu says, “It’s not all about money for me, I want to go somewhere where I can be completely immersed in football, and it’s not too much about anything but winning. I want to be a part of winning culture, where you feel that all the time. That’s all I want.”

That’s encouraging.

I like him but I don't see it. The team only has $20m to deal with and extensions to make.

Sounds like he’s just saying the right things. In the end, it’ll likely come down to money that the Patriots won’t spend on him.

Sounds like he’s just saying the right things. In the end, it’ll likely come down to money that the Patriots won’t spend on him.
Could have had Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Malcolm Butler, Amendola, Logan Ryan and Honey Badger. B.B. blew it. Bad at crunching numbers in my opinion.

Could have had Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Malcolm Butler, Amendola, Logan Ryan and Honey Badger. B.B. blew it. Bad at crunching numbers in my opinion.

Had a stud in Hicks too..:

That’s encouraging.

Yeah, the fact that I posted what he said doesn't mean for a minute I buy into it.
Talk is just that. When the time comes to put pen to paper all the talk in the world doesn't mean squat. If he's serious then he'll consider NE and if the numbers work then that will do the rest of the talking but I doubt it happens. The resources are limited here this year, it is what it is.

With Chung, Mac and Harmon, where does Honet Badger even fit in?

With Chung, Mac and Harmon, where does Honet Badger even fit in?

Everywhere. Slot corner to help spell Jones. Outside corner to relieve Rowe against shiftier guys. Dime packages where he can take Chung's spot and Chung plays Richards' spot. Subbing for Chung and McCourty so those guys aren't playing every snap and can rest up.

I agree it's a bit of a luxury though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back