PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Additional Needs Remain: SS and IOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're trying to criticize fans of this team for always wanting more, or wanting to improve, even if it's in the slightest.

You do understand who the coach of this team is right?

Bill Belichick is the definition of "it's never good enough"
To a certain extent, yes, but I don't think any of us imagined such big splash moves to begin with. Pining for a guy who hasn't been healthy in 3 yrs just seems unnecessary to me, but I respect your opinion and where you're coming from, so apologies for the criticism.

If Levy were healthy and came on the vet minimum, I wouldn't mind having him in for a workout. Personally, I don't think he'd make the team, but I could be very wrong. I think our LB corps is solidified now with the signing of David Harris, that's all.

Yes, Mangold was just an example. Apparently, the team doesn't think that he is a fit for us. We're better off with a low cost veteran who can back uno both center and guard. As we have discussed, we may have many possibilities on the squad already.

Or Mangold isn't healthy yet and can't pass a physical.

It looked to me like it was Robert's responsibility on that play. Can't say for certain though.

Roberts ends up covering Sanu, Sanu pushes him to the ground. Isn't that pass interference or something?

We still need a LB who can cover somebody.

IF he could be cleared by a dream team of Boston spinal surgeons, adding Zach Orr would be unbelievable. Very unlikely to happen but if it did, holy sh*t. I don't think that signing Harris would have any effect on the Pats interest...two very different player at this points in their careers. When things suddenly go silent on the news front (like they did did Harris and have for Orr) it always heightens my suspension about the Pats being involved.

As for interior OL, Jon Toth is still unsigned. I'd be shocked if he isn't still on the Pats radar. Multiple accounts had them interested in interior OL, specifically center, with their third round pick. I am still not sold on Andrews as their long-term answer there, although given his contract perhaps BB and Co. think otherwise. The physical strength is just not there against massive DTs. Toth's situation seems to be injury related but he likely will be recovered from late May back surgery by the start of training camp or shortly thereafter. There is very little news about him online but he is definitely still a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes