PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 8/21: Richards Still Confused By Penalty; Belichick Not Tech Savvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 8/21: Richards Still Confused By Penalty; Belichick Not Tech Savvy

Ian Logue

Here's a look at this morning's top Patriots stories for Tuesday, August 21st 2018.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Jordan Richards confused??:confused: Isn't that synonymous with his play??:confused:

Gotta say I'm with Richards on that one. I just saw the replay this AM and it looked like a textbook example of how to tackle to me.

Gotta say I'm with Richards on that one. I just saw the replay this AM and it looked like a textbook example of how to tackle to me.
And it may very well be that Richards hit should not have been called but was and will continue to be in some cases. It’s a huge judgment call.
The rule says initiating contact with the crown of your helmet. A proper tackle, especially from an angle where proper tackling it to get your head across in front of the ball carrier, can easily in full speed action look like a foul.

Penalties should be reviewable too. It’ll help clear these split second judgment calls up. The game is really too fast for these old judges to process all the time.

Belichick is hilarious. The whole thing with Netflix and Pandarama cracked me up.

Jordan Richards confused??:confused: Isn't that synonymous with his play??:confused:

Come on man, Richards is really smart. He's like all those other great physicists who translated their knowledge into great sports careers: Einstein and Hawking are two that come to mind.

Based on the headline, I'm thinking, "Slow news day?"

I know, but it's practically the ONLY thing today......mad props to Ian!

Tomorrow is gonna be even worse as we likely will be travelling to Charlotte for the dress rehearsal...

I hate this time of the year....it goes quiet between PS week 3 and kick off....

Penalties should be reviewable too.

This past weekend, McVay and Florio were both calling for replay review for this rule. BB, of course, has been lobbying for the ability to throw the red flag on all penalty calls for a couple years now, at least.

BB not "tech savvy" is just a huge smokescreen, to divert attention from this team.. he is as "tech savvy" as he needs to be.

Well he can’t be too out of touch seeing that he’s at least familiar with Pandarama. It makes sense given “Cruel Summer” was a big hit in the 80s.

By the letter of the rule, it was called correctly since Richards "lowered his head" to make the tackle. That said, a smaller player (Richards) needs to use leverage to tackle a larger player (the Eagle TE) which requires lowering the head (shoulder to waist) to maximize leverage (leg drive) and get the bigger man down. Had Richards tried to tackle the TE by standing him up, (i.e. not lowering his head), he would have been steamrolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back