PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tua Tagovailoa injured today - considered serious

I suspect that most of us need an arithmetic lesson, but that is for another day.

We need to look at the following and see what is at stake:

the total revenues to Division 1 schools from football, including all sources
annual payment to coaches
other cost of running a football program
the number of Division 1 players

The analysis has been done many time. We can review it in another thread in the offseason, or before if others are interested. It will be obvious that the colleges can easily afford to give players stipends at pay equivalent to part time jobs. Many players cannot afford to go home, or purchase the simplest of necessities. Obviously, this would be possible if they spent time at a part time job instead of funding the entire athletics programs of the schools, and ridiculous salaries for the coaches.

On a totally unrelated note, some tight end from penn state is being touted as a baby gronk!

That would be Pat Freiermuth, and I can't imagine why. :)

Penn State TE Pat Freiermuth draws Rob Gronkowski comparisons

AP_19251753408192.jpg

I can't see how or why someone is equating this to Bo Jackson. The problem with jackson's hip--even if it's the same injury--is that the hip did not have adequate blood supply to heal.
The report I saw said he had a dislocated and possibly fractured hip.

It makes sense that the guy selling stuff in the stands can go on workers comp if he slips on a hotdog but athletes are carted off & "we hope" they have insurance.

I thought this bs wasn't going to start until Monday the Boomers are out in full force this weekend (I'm just joking, feel the need to say that considering how soft some are here)
Did you a) completely misunderstand what I said, or b) have no actual response to it? Also, 26 years old here..

Edit: Disregard. Noticed you acknowledged lacking intelligence in later posts.

Last edited:
they don’t sell jerseys with names on them as far as I know
C'mon you have to know what I mean?

You're buying a #12 Michigan jersey, it's pretty clear who/why you're getting that specific one.

Did you a) completely misunderstand what I said, or b) have no actual response to it? Also, 26 years old here..

Edit: Disregard. Noticed you acknowledged lacking intelligence in later posts.
It's over your head.

You're post was nothing new & the same **** the other side has been saying for decades. There's been answers to your questions for years.

NCAA made a billion dollars + in 2017 & 850 last year in revenue between sales, marketing rights/bball tournament. Many paths to get there & pay college athletes.

Amazing how many company guys are in here.

Worker > company

It's over your head.

You're post was nothing new & the same **** the other side has been saying for decades. There's been answers to your questions for years.

NCAA made a billion dollars + in 2017 & 850 last year in revenue between sales, marketing rights/bball tournament. Many paths to get there & pay college athletes.

Amazing how many company guys are in here.

Worker > company
Amazing how much *****ing your side can do with no answers. $1 billion? There were nearly 500,000 NCAA athletes that year.

Please point me to all these amazing answers you have. I genuinely believe these kids should be compensated in some way. Show me it can be done.

Amazing how much *****ing your side can do with no answers. $1 billion? There were nearly 500,000 NCAA athletes that year.

Please point me to all these amazing answers you have. I genuinely believe these kids should be compensated in some way. Show me it can be done.
I have a 10 point plan.

1)Send me some $ via PayPal, live around Boston?

I'll tell you steps 2-10 immediately after that.

uh oh...you've entered Joe Kerr territory, BGC...:eek:

This is the biggest joke.

School isn't for everyone. And all due respect their are people driving Uber/Lyft that graduated from Harvard. An education doesn't guarantee you anything.

Again School isn't for everyone. Schools have np letting these kids f off, not go class or take gym for credits if they want. And kids aren't going there for an education.

Free education is abt as comical as saying it'll tip the scales of balance in terms of who has a chance to win. It's a complete joke.
I am a Gator and I can tell you I had many classes with football players who wouldn't show up half the time or sleep/chilled out when they did. It is a joke like you say.

I have a 10 point plan.

1)Send me some $ via PayPal, live around Boston?

I'll tell you steps 2-10 immediately after that.
Good job. You really showed all the boomers around here how ignorant they are and how your more rational, forward thinking side can provide solutions like "Trust me it will work. Or maybe it won't but then they'll fix it and it'll be great. Someone actually smart has figured this all out, just trust me and stop putting down the workers." F***** clown.

Any chance Tua drops to 31 or 32 in the draft?

I am a Gator and I can tell you I had many classes with football players who wouldn't show up half the time or sleep/chilled out when they did. It is a joke like you say.
Gators do Florida justice but get a bad rep overall. I've heard some unbelievable **** from players taking home a test (obviously having someone else do it) to chicks be at your service, at the school but obviously didn't go there. Players in rehab getting credit lol. Places like Maryland, Texas, UNC, FSU, Southern, UG aren't much better if at all.

Idk maybe Florida is a bit more special?

Surprised the state survived the 2005-2010 2008 team gets a ton of hype for good reason lol. Cam, Spikes, Hernandez, Tebow, Harvin, Pouncey bros, J Jenkins, Riley Cooper, Rainy, Murphy, Cunningham ... But that period was legit insane down there. Shoot outs, gangs, robbery, drugs, fraud, DV.

Again amazing the state survived.

Good job. You really showed all the boomers around here how ignorant they are and how your more rational, forward thinking side can provide solutions like "Trust me it will work. Or maybe it won't but then they'll fix it and it'll be great. Someone actually smart has figured this all out, just trust me and stop putting down the workers." F***** clown.
Let them earn money outside of "school" by marketing themselves.

That's as American as it gets.

Only took 4 seconds to think abt.

Sometimes I wonder if a team is beating the crap out of another team, Alabama was up 35-7 with about 3 minutes left in the half, they should take their "stars" out... particularly as Tua had just come back from a high ankle sprain.

There was no doubt the Alabama was completely in control of that game.. Saban second guessing himself??..

Sometimes I wonder if a team is beating the crap out of another team, Alabama was up 35-7 with about 3 minutes left in the half, they should take their "stars" out... particularly as Tua had just come back from a high ankle sprain.

There was no doubt the Alabama was completely in control of that game.. Saban second guessing himself??..
You’re probably right, although much like Belichick, Saban pointed to the importance of practicing the two minute drill before the half and said that Tua wanted to get as many reps as possible.

It’s definitely a call that’s going to be criticized, and perhaps rightfully so, but it’s so darned difficult to go against football geniuses like Belichick or Saban.

The main argument for paying:

—They bring the schools millions of dollars and deserve something, especially when many are broke. Look at the kid from OSU who was suspended for two games for borrowing and paying back money to fly his girlfriend out to the bowl game.

The main argument for NOT paying:

—They’re getting a totally FREE education, which can often be a six figure deal. No student loans for the next 20 years (mine are $962 per month, with hundreds of dollars a month going to interest) is a pretty big deal. Yes, some of these athletes are going to go on to become professional athletes, but most NCAA student athletes don’t end up getting paid as a pro, so the idea of getting a free ride with zero student debt is more appealing than some realize. It’s not like they’re getting nothing in return. 25 grand a year that goes toward school is fairly significant for teenagers/early twenties.

Personally, I can see both sides, but ultimately feel as though they should receive some type of monthly stipend in addition to the free education.

So what is the point where you take players out ? Is 28-7 enough ? How about 21-7 ?

While I agree that with his ankle being not 100% you could have been more careful I don't really understand why everyone brings up the score as talking point that Saban did something wrong.

In the end this was a freak accident that happened in the first half of a football game. If Tua makes it to half time and then gets taken out of the game everyone praises Saban for being proactive to protect his QB.

I don't know if there really is much to learn from what happened.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back