PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Try to be positive for once

Sure whatever you want to call it. I still believe that was Zappe's one shot to put Mac on the bench permanently and he crapped the bed on national tv. Bill took a look at that and in practice and decided Mac was the better option going forward. The BB I know would notice Mac's pissy faces and hysterics and that would get him benched right away - if Zappe was good enough.

Again "he's not Mac" or "Mac is having a terrible season" which he is... doesn't mean Zappe is good. That's the same pro Stidham argument we heard a couple years ago. It just means the Patriots might need to find a QB this offseason.

Zappe has faced the 16th (Packers), 21st (Browns), 30th (Bears) and 31st (Lions) ranked scoring defenses in the league. Nothing more than one of many backup QB's who had some success vs bad teams who have no tape on him and turned into a pumpkin once defenses get a look on tape and game plan for him. If Zappe already had 5 passes batted down I'd hate to think what good defenses could do to him. Did Zappe even throw 5 passes over the line of scrimmage in the Packers game? He had 99 yards against them including OT and they're the best defense he played this year. If he gets another shot at the top job in camp he needs to be a lot better than that.

Mac might not get us to the playoffs this year. Zappe definitely won't.
Your takes on Brady's performance in Miami and Denver in 2001:

"Drew might not get us to the playoffs this year. Brady definitely won't."

Your takes on Brady's performance in Miami and Denver in 2001:

"Drew might not get us to the playoffs this year. Brady definitely won't."
Zappe =/= Brady and Drew =/= Mac

I'm positive that Fat Matt needs to go. He ruined a Super Bowl and now an entire season of offense.

I remember when this site was active and people had discussions. Now it is so negative let's all try to say something positive.

Yes the team is not the world beaters we have been but the team is still about above average and not the worst team like a lot of people seem to think
Is your avatar a picture of Patricia when he was younger? Just curious.

You’re a handsome bloke. Are you related to Vegas Ferguson?

On a positive note Marcus Jones should be up to the challenge of sticking with the Cheetah. And I think we have an adequate backup center in Kody Russey.

Our defense is elite.

And we have the best ownership in the business.

And our coach—if he doesn’t blow it— has a real chance of surpassing Don Shula as the coach with the most wins. Evah.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back