PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

True Context: The 2018-19 Patriots are playing to become a dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed the Cleveland Browns of the 1950s (1950 inclusive) who won 3 championships. I would argue they were the more dominant team of that decade than the Lions; Browns won 3 championships while appearing in 7 title games while the Lions won 3 championships appearing in 4 title games. That said, all of the Lions games were against the Browns so they went 3-1 head to head.

I added the Browns to your list

Thank you. Edited my post as well.

Here’s a cool “trend” that makes me believe greatness will find a way. In every decade, an NFL franchise has won at least three championships. Patriots have another chance on Sunday.

2000s - Patriots
1990s - Cowboys
1980s - 49ers
1970s - Steelers
1960s - Packers
1950s - Lions and Browns
1940s - Bears
1930s - Packers
1920s - Canton/Cleveland Bulldogs

This is not a joke: there are conspiracy theorists on the internet who believe this trend is absolute proof that the NFL is fixed and the Patriots are guaranteed to win either this or next year.

3 SBs in a decade makes a dynasty... Hmm, so if they win on Sunday that makes 2 team of the decade titles in a row, so just one more of those and it's a 3 time team of the decade super dynasty? lol (dreaming of dominating the 2020's with new coach, qb).

This is not a joke: there are conspiracy theorists on the internet who believe this trend is absolute proof that the NFL is fixed and the Patriots are guaranteed to win either this or next year.

They sure gave the Eagles the benefit of the doubt (three touchdown plays) last year to poke some holes in that argument, but who am I to question the opinion of NFL conspiracy theorists?

They sure gave the Eagles the benefit of the doubt (three touchdown plays) last year to poke some holes in that argument, but who am I to question the opinion of NFL conspiracy theorists?

Hey, a good story needs adversity. That's why they didn't let us win for 10 years.

Independent of AAFL? 3+ NFL championships in the same decade? No doubt they were an absolute dynasty.
Yeah, they joined the NFL in 1950. Their 4 AAFC championships were 1946-1949. Now the level of competition in the AAFC wasn’t near NFL quality — the only other consistently good team in the league were the 49ers and when they joined the NFL in 1950 they finished 3-9. But the Browns were completely legit and their dominance probably contributed to the AAFC’s downfall. Their run from 1946-1958, and really their extended run from 1946-1972, rivals the best that we always think of. It’s a shame they’ve been a clownshow since the franchise was resurrected.

But for the war years, the Yankees had a 28 year dynasty. And the Pats are not that far off.
I was going to add the Yankees of 1921-28 (Ruth era) but then I dug a little deeper. They won 6 pennants but 'only' won the World Series three times. To put that in perspective. Babe Ruth won three World Series with the Red Sox but 'only' won 4 World Series with the Yankees.....
I think you can add the earlier Yankees team to the only ones listed...as a dynasty ( 3 championships in a small window of time).... and believe me as a native New Englander, I am no Yankee fan but facts are facts...

The word “dynasty” is WAY overused. 5 years is not a dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes