PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

troy vincent basically said Clement's TD should have been overturned

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
“That slight movement of the ball. The old language read [if there’s] slight movement, then that means you’ve got to overturn it. … [Now] you can have movement but you can still maintain control. We removed and got out of the business of slight movement. Because you can have movement but still be in control,” Vincent said.

gettyimages-9143265661.jpg

Did NFL's Troy Vincent Just Say That Corey Clement's Super Bowl Touchdown Shouldn't Have Counted?

Have you heard the ref Mic'ed up? He basically said the ball moved but he had control. So ref admitted this live at the time.

If my aunt had a penis, she would be my uncle.....

If my aunt had a penis, she would be my uncle.....

That used to be true but after further SJW review in 2018 I'm not sure it still applies. If the aunt doesn't identify with the penis would she still be an uncle?

(hmmm...an auncle or an unt maybe?)

His hands came off the ball for half a second. By the time he put his hands back on the ball, his foot was out of bounds.

It should have been reversed but ultimately we didn't coach or execute well in key spots. Philly earned it.

Yea. Was a bad call. Everyone knows if it were week 3 it'd have been overturned. Probably the only stop the defense would've made that day. Idk. I can't remember. Don't want to

That's two TDs that should not have counted.

Whatever. Moving on

Goodell told the refs before the game to use common sense in interpreting catch/no catch. So it was "rules be damned, let's go for the 10 drunk guys in a bar standard"

I feel better.

Wait, does this mean we won?

Maybe I’ll just pull a @FourierSeries and pretend to myself. That’ll make it all go away.

First things first, the Pats defense was beyond pathetic in that game. The Eagles exploited every weakness and the Pats didn't have an answer. However, even though he had control, the ball was moving as he was going out of bounds. Therefore, it should've been incomplete.

Collinsworth and Michaels did not agree it was a catch as well based on how it's been called throughout the season. While I was thinking the same thing, I knew there was no way, in this big game, the refs would overturn it. And they didn't.

But nothing beats the made up rule of "Face Guarding" in the 2006-7 AFC title game against the Colts. I was screaming at the TV when Phil Sims was calling it before the refs did. Anybody notice that hasn't been called since?

Ooh! Have they fired the confetti cannons yet? We may have time still....

The Patriots lost.

Ooh! Have they fired the confetti cannons yet? We may have time still....
'

Yes because me making a thread with the Executive Vice President of Football Operations going on record saying any movement of the ball it should be overturned is the same as me making a thread about how it was a conspiracy that the Pats were screwed and had it been called properly they would have won, I didn't do that because I don't know that. . Nah if I was gonna make it out as conspiracy i'd have gone with

Troy "played with the eagles for 9 years, the lolphins for 4 season & the jills for 3 seasons" Vincent admits Pats were screwed out of a SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back