PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Wingo has a message for fans who said the Super Bowl was boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasy football fans. Yay. Saw it in the GDT, "worst SB ever...most boring SB" etc. If you weren't on the edge of your seat filled with tension, then you're not a fan of football. Redzone channel will be back for you Week 1.

And for the New Orleans complAints fans saying they would have won because they would have scored more than 3 points. Maybe. Although Brees was the one looking old thru the playoffs. And your D was not going to hold us to 13.

Fantasy football fans. Yay. Saw it in the GDT, "worst SB ever...most boring SB" etc. If you weren't on the edge of your seat filled with tension, then you're not a fan of football. Redzone channel will be back for you Week 1.

And for the New Orleans complAints fans saying they would have won because they would have scored more than 3 points. Maybe. Although Brees was the one looking old thru the playoffs. And your D was not going to hold us to 13.

Let them dream, it just makes their pain worse.

reminded me of the game at home in 200? against the Dolphins when Bruschi scored a TD

The whining by Saints fans will go on forever, and it has gotten old already.

They were screwed over by Bountygate before this. Given that we, as Patriots fans, still scream about the ******** that was both Spygate and Deflategate, and spent plenty of time being pissed about Goodell changing the catch rule just in time for last year's Super Bowl, I think we should be fine with the Saints still being pissed about something that happened less than a month ago.

But maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
I'm fine with Saints fans complaining about not being in the SB. Fair enough. In my gut and brain, though, I think the Pats would have destroyed them - I'm thinking 34-13, something like that.

They were screwed over by Bountygate before this. Given that was, as Patriots fans, still scream about the ******** that was both Spygate and Deflategate, and spent plenty of time being pissed about Goodell changing the catch rule just in time for last year's Super Bowl, I think we should be fine with the Saints still being pissed about something that happened less than a month ago.

But maybe that's just me.

Not just you, Spygate/deflategate was ******** given what it turned into, and the Saints IMHO clearly did get screwed on bountygate based on what that also turned into (both the result of the NFL Commander & Chief letting PR Justice be his guiding principle).

Arguably one could say the Saints were outright derailed for 2011(2012?) by Goodell while the Patriots were just knee capped. While I might get kneecapped here for this belief, there's definitely a case to be made for that belief.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem hating the NFL leadership due to their corruption.... bounty gate, deflategate....

How long do you hate over a bad judgement call? Did we call the Colts-Bears Super Bowl illegitimate and have a boycott after the bogus Faceguarding call on Ellis Hobbs?

Saints fans have a legit beef. In 50+ years of watching the NFL, the only thing I've ever seen that was as bad or worse was a playoff game between the Giants and 49ers. Can't remember all the details but the losing team also got screwed and had a sure win (and shot at a SB) taken away from them.
If that happened to us, we'd be howling.

I liked the game, but Goff's wetting himself did make it a bit boring. And I mean that in the sense of never thinking the Rams really had a chance to win that game, absent a freak play.
But the fact that it would have taken only once such play, like the one Jason McCourty broke up, is what made it compelling.

That’s because the average fan rather see the stupid games where defenses suck and QBs just throw the ball up in the air and they get free walk in TDs.
Only ignorant people and patriot haters will say that.

My butt cheeks were clenched tightly until the FG, cant ask for more than that.
Me too. My buddies were debating going for it on 4th, and I was telling them "Are you not watching? 2 score lead! That kid ain't leading them back to win with 1:30ish left and no timeouts." First time I could breathe in the fourth quarter of the Pats SB's EVER!

There were 14 punts total in the game. 8 were kicked by Hekker for the Rams. I prefer a little more offense than what was displayed in SB 53. It certainly was a pins and needles game.

Very glad the Rams lost.

Look Palm I don't think we are whining about it. The team might be a bit, but it takes a lot to get there, and almost never did Brees have a defense in his career, and there has never been a worse call that I can remember.

Truth is we won that game, plain and simple, and Godell knows it, but hates payton.

The ball was thrown perfect for a TD, and the CB for the Rams admitted he fouled the saintsd WR on purpose because he knew it was a TD and he was beaten. So you can say maybe Rams get 7 but they didnt on the last drive, only 3.

The WR was hit intentionally before he got to the ball #1 pass interference, and the CB never looked for the ball #2 for pass interference.

So, 1st down with about 1:50 left?
up to 40 seconds can be taken off the clock between plays. Just do the math. The game was over.
We know we didn't play great on offense but we did on defense and we played well enough to Win that game.
Same as you played well enough to win the SB and you deserve it.
But don't say we didn't win that game.

I respect your opinion though man, but I also think you'd be pretty pissed seeing as your QB is aging and he was robbed of another ring. Brees deserved to be in the Superbowl, and we won that game.

and though you might not know it most NO fans look up to NE and their fans, we just wanted a shot and to fight you guys because we respect you so much, so that doubly hurt. We don't want to play another team in a super bowl we have wanted to play you guys for years now.
We respect your fans and team a lot, and that was ripped from us.

I can see how mad saints fans are about it, because I didn't think it would piss me off this much either because we had a shot at NE and to finally hang out, and that's what we wanted forever, sure Payton wanted the same

we need to grow up like Brees did and move on, but this hurt like bounty gate junk
we beat the Rams .... and you beat them fair and square, but we beat the Rams

Last edited:
If it had happened to us it'd go on beyond forever and I'd be the lead whiner.
It pretty much did, 2006 AFCCG, face-guarding vs. Ellis Hobbs. He got a nice as apology from the NFL. Nobody staged a boycott or called the Colts "illegitimate".

The Saints have a right to be upset, but sooner or later accept that refs can make bad mistakes. No boycotts, no claims of the FIX being in... that's all I am saying

It pretty much did, 2006 AFCCG, face-guarding vs. Ellis Hobbs. He got a nice as apology from the NFL. Nobody staged a boycott or called the Colts "illegitimate".

The Saints have a right to be upset, but sooner or later accept that refs can make bad mistakes. No boycotts, no claims of the FIX being in... that's all I am saying
That's ok, but all I'm saying is that I've been around since the Pats' first game in 1960, which I attended as a child, and that lack of a call in the NFCCG is by far the worst, given the circumstances, I've ever seen. I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but that stunk to high heaven and looked rigged.

Saints fans have a legit beef. In 50+ years of watching the NFL, the only thing I've ever seen that was as bad or worse was a playoff game between the Giants and 49ers. Can't remember all the details but the losing team also got screwed and had a sure win (and shot at a SB) taken away from them.
If that happened to us, we'd be howling.
What about the the roughing the passer call against the Raiders in the playoffs in the 76 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back