PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers: “We’ve got six, we want seven.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
As noted in the Sopranos that indian is italian.

This team has paid actual cash money for good players before. Bill doesn't lowball EVERYBODY.

Absolutely,. As I've stated here, he chooses carefully those he wants to sign long term. His judgments have been pretty good so far.

Patriots choose very carefully who they offer long term contracts to. They usually choose well.

Flowers would be very deserving and fits them perfectly. I hope it happens but $$ talks now that he's won

Also: are we completely discounting the idea that Flowers might be willing to stay for a bit cheaper?
yup

This is an opportunity for Flowers to get paid (a very high guaranteed amount). He may or may not get this opportunity again.

It is one thing to talk about folks on their 3rd or 4th contract taking a discount. It is another to discuss it on a player's firs big contract.

yup

This is an opportunity for Flowers to get paid (a very high guaranteed amount). He may or may not get this opportunity again.

It is one thing to talk about folks on their 3rd or 4th contract taking a discount. It is another to discuss it on a player's firs big contract.
It’s not at all unrealistic that a player will take an offer that isn’t the most money because of other factors.

It’s not at all unrealistic that a player will take an offer that isn’t the most money because of other factors.
Right, he may love living here, may love playing for this team and BB, also as another poster said the guaranteed money may be the key.

Patriots choose very carefully who they offer long term contracts to. They usually choose well.

Yep, and my gut instinct is that they keep Flowers. He has that Mayo and McCourty feeling about him, the guy they value not only for his play, but for the way he serves as a model of doing things right. And in general, they don't let top players walk after their rookie contracts. If they're planning to let a marquee young player escape, they're more likely to trade him first and reap some extra value.

Even if we offered him something as “low” as 10 million per year, he’s still making a ton of money. More than the vast majority of football players will ever make.

Even if we offered him something as “low” as 10 million per year, he’s still making a ton of money. More than the vast majority of football players will ever make.
He may be one of those guys that isnt chasing every last dollar but it's rare and I dont know him. It would be great if he resigns here though.

As long as the Patriot's ceiling isn't that far from what he gets offered I believe he'll be back. If somebody like Indianapolis or the Jets with a ton of cap room throws silly money at him looking at it as a double win you never know.

5/75 with 25 guaranteed is my guess. If somebody goes 5/100 with 40 guaranteed.....how many of you are walking away from 25M? VS 5/80 I think he stays.

With all respect to Chandler Jones, Flowers is the better more well rounded player who always shows up in big games, is a better leader and is the best hybrid DL since Seymour able to bounce all around the line using different techniques as the situations arise.

I often advocate for letting the player walk as they've become overpriced but like McCourty this isn't one of those times if it can be avoided.

As long as the Patriot's ceiling isn't that far from what he gets offered I believe he'll be back. If somebody like Indianapolis or the Jets with a ton of cap room throws silly money at him looking at it as a double win you never know.

5/75 with 25 guaranteed is my guess. If somebody goes 5/100 with 40 guaranteed.....how many of you are walking away from 25M? VS 5/80 I think he stays.

With all respect to Chandler Jones, Flowers is the better more well rounded player who always shows up in big games, is a better leader and is the best hybrid DL since Seymour able to bounce all around the line using different techniques as the situations arise.

I often advocate for letting the player walk as they've become overpriced but like McCourty this isn't one of those times if it can be avoided.

25 is pretty low. Chandler Jones got 3 years ago 31 fully gtd. If you give him 5/75 ( very friendly apy) i would give him 40 fully gtd. He will play his whole contract for this avg price like Mason and Gilmore.

I just hope if he leaves he doesn't turn into a POS like Dion Lewis and is more grateful like Butler

25 is pretty low. Chandler Jones got 3 years ago 31 fully gtd. If you give him 5/75 ( very friendly apy) i would give him 40 fully gtd. He will play his whole contract for this avg price like Mason and Gilmore.

I was using 25 as one-third of the total value but you're correct that it could be higher. Traditionally the Pats like to put lots of not likely to be earned bonuses to defer costs season to season. Without a CBA extension those might not be deferred so it will be interesting.

If Flowers' agent is smart, that agent should be telling him that it's not about that big total number at the end. 4/100. 4/125. 5/120. Whatever. How many of these big buck contracts make it to the end without a cap-reducing extension? Agents should be talking real, attainable earnings with their clients, not these inflated back-end loaded deals that (almost) never pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore