PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Transactions Before The Game With TENN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There are several possible transactions to add players who could help after the bye. We could add
LB McClellan
S Melifonwu
DB Dawson
RB Farrow

Each addition would mean a player would be put on IR or waived. Some possibilities include
Ferencz
Grigsby
Grissom
Davis
Crossen
Schwenke

Last edited:
There are several possible transactions to add players who could help after the bye. We could add
LB McClellan
S Melifonwu
DB Dawson
RB Farrow

Each addition would mean a player would be put on IR or waived. Some possibilities include
Ferencz
Grissom
Grigsby
Grissom
Davis
Crossen
Schwenke

I am going to buy a cake when useless Hollister goes on IR he's long overdue.:rolleyes:

LB McClellan
S Melifonwu
DB Dawson
RB Farrow

Ferencz
Grissom
Grigsby
Grissom
Davis
Crossen
Schwenke

I do not think they add Farrow, unless Barner is cut even then doubt it.

The 3 I would say get cut/ or IR

Grigsby IR
Crossen
Ferencz if Mason and Schwenke are healthy

LB McClellan
S Melifonwu
DB Dawson
RB Farrow

Ferencz
Grissom
Grigsby
Grissom
Davis
Crossen
Schwenke
You have Grissom listed twice.
Davis just played as many snaps as Dietrich wise and almost twice as many as Clayborn.

Why would we bring farrow up nowcthat Michel is likely to play when we didn’t while he was a out?

Grigsby IR
Crossen
You’re IRing Grigsby for missing two practices with an illness?

I am going to buy a cake when useless Hollister goes on IR he's long overdue.:rolleyes:
A little harsh on a second year player with a hurt hamstring aren't you? Given Gronks health if there is any chance that hammy heals he's well worth keeping around. And he seems close to being ready to play for a few weeks now.

A little harsh on a second year player with a hurt hamstring aren't you? Given Gronks health if there is any chance that hammy heals he's well worth keeping around. And he seems close to being ready to play for a few weeks now.

Dwyane Allen make some good Blocks and caught a nice pass:eek: the other night.:D He's serviceable I can see why they kept him. On the other hand I am positive Hollister still cannot Block which renders him useless in this particular Offense. We have many guys on Offense who can catch the football: volume type catchers like White - Edelman and Gordon soon enough. If catching the football is Hollisters mo he will be way down the totem pole or progression in this O.

Dwyane Allen make some good Blocks and caught a nice pass:eek: the other night.:D He's serviceable I can see why they kept him. On the other hand I am positive Hollister still cannot Block which renders him useless in this particular Offense. We have many guys on Offense who can catch the football: volume type catchers like White - Edelman and Gordon soon enough. If catching the football is Hollisters mo he will be way down the totem pole or progression in this O.

Allen's Salary > Hollister's Salary

And Hollister has better hands. We need 3 TE's (X,Y,Z) in this offense...Hollister is our "Z" receiver.

And Hollister has better hands. We need 3 TE's (X,Y,Z) in this offense...Hollister is our "Z" receiver.
Sorry man... you mean he could be our Z receiver, cause so far he has done literally nothing.

On the salary front, there is nothing to argue... but it's obvious that our coaching staff is fine paying allen to do his schtick.

Hollister is our nothing right now and that has been the case for pretty much his whole career outside of one game we lost.

Hollister is our nothing right now and that has been the case for pretty much his whole career outside of one game we lost.

I think there is still hope he can play the tight end who shall not be named roll in this offense.

However I have yet to see anything that suggests that.

The coaching staff must see something.

Grigsby IR
Crossen
Yes, I thought they would add Farrow 2 weeks ago, so I don't think it will happen now. Schwenke, and Hollister IR if they can't go this week. May still need Ferencz for backup if Mason is out. Don't see Grigsby getting cut. Grissom a candidate but he seems to survive.

Why would we bring farrow up nowcthat Michel is likely to play when we didn’t while he was a out?

I DON'T KNOW!! What crazy team plays game after game only dressing like one and half backs, and then making one of them responsible for 80% of the total offensive production, even if he gets hurt during the game. It's insanity, man!

I DON'T KNOW!! What crazy team plays game after game only dressing like one and half backs, and then making one of them responsible for 80% of the total offensive production, even if he gets hurt during the game. It's insanity, man!
They dressed 3 RBs actually. White Barner and Patterson.
Not sure what math you are using.
White accounted for 23.8% and 24.2% of the offense the last 2 weeks.

LB McClellan
S Melifonwu
DB Dawson
RB Farrow

Ferencz
Grissom
Grigsby
Grissom
Davis
Crossen
Schwenke

If the Pats can actually count Grissom twice and then sign two new players, I say Go For It!!

;)

LB McClellan
S Melifonwu
DB Dawson
RB Farrow

Ferencz
Grissom
Grigsby
Grissom
Davis
Crossen
Schwenke

Crossen has been doing some good work on ST coverage units. Grigsby, too. ST coverage been somewhat short-handed all season with Grissom and Hollister out so much, so both of those guys have value. It also may be why both McLellan and Melifonwu were signed, which may, in turn, mean that one or both of Grissom/Hollister are headed for IR.

Schwenke and Karras appear to have been the primary OC/OG backups. With Both Mason and Schwenke out, and Karras tied up filling in for Mason, Ferentz (OC) was promoted from the PS to backup Andrews.

So, Schwenke has value if he's healthy. However, he hasn't practiced at all in two weeks, which leads me to suspect that his "foot" injury may be a Lisfranc fracture. From what I've read, rest is the preferred treatment for most Lisfranc injuries, and surgery generally not recommended except as a last resort. Healing a Lisfranc enough to play on it apparently may require 4-6 weeks. If Schwenke isn't sent to IR, we may not see him again until wk-13 or wk-15. In that case, Ferentz may be sticking around for the duration, even after Mason returns to the lineup. (Croston, hypothetically, can also backup OG, but then he's also the #4 OT, AFAIK).

Davis has contributed significantly more snaps than Rivers (159 to 62). Rivers has but one tackle, while Davis has 5 tackles, 3 pressures, 3 run stuffs and a QBH.

WRT Farrow, it's not clear to me why he'd be more desirable for the active roster than Barner at this point.

Since practices are closed to the media now (except for taking attendance), we don't really know how Dawson is doing. In any case, the Pats have until a week from tomorrow to make the decision on him and open a spot on the roster (or not).

You’re IRing Grigsby for missing two practices with an illness?

Well, it could be something like Ebola. In which case, I'd rather trade him to the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News